Mon, Sep 9, 5:12 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Poser 11 - Won't start - Won't accept registration

mingle47 ( ) posted Wed, 06 December 2023 at 4:07 AM · edited Sun, 08 September 2024 at 2:13 PM

This happened this evening. When I tried to start my LEGAL copy of Poser 11 the registration dialog opened. It had all my info correct but when I clicked OK it just popped up again. I tried reinstalling Poser from the original download but the same thing happened. I tried to go to the Poser site but it said it was down for maintenance. Does Poser "phone home"? Normally I am connected to internet but as I am on a boat frequently there are times when I cannot connect so this will be unacceptable. Thanks if anyone can help. My Poser 2014 thankfully is still working.

johnpf ( ) posted Wed, 06 December 2023 at 4:16 AM

I'm having the same issue with 11, 12, and 13.

I guess we will just have to wait before being given permission to use our software again...

jroulin ( ) posted Wed, 06 December 2023 at 4:35 AM

Server seems to be back now. Try it again.

jroulin ( ) posted Wed, 06 December 2023 at 4:36 AM

Yep I coul start Poser 13

MattCarr ( ) posted Thu, 07 December 2023 at 8:35 AM

I'm still having the same issue that mingle47 has described.

My Poser 11.2 has also stopped working and refusing to allow me past the Product Registration pop-up, even though the details are inputted correctly with copy and paste.

It was working fine a few days ago and It has worked fine since I purchased it from Renderosity as an upgrade from version 10 in February 2020. However today it is not allowing me access past the Product Registration.

Like others, I have a deadline to meet and need to finish a project, so I'm really hoping this will be fixed very quickly!

RAGraphicDesign ( ) posted Thu, 07 December 2023 at 8:41 AM
mingle47 posted at 4:07 AM Wed, 6 December 2023 - #2984640

This happened this evening. When I tried to start my LEGAL copy of Poser 11 the registration dialog opened. It had all my info correct but when I clicked OK it just popped up again. I tried reinstalling Poser from the original download but the same thing happened. I tried to go to the Poser site but it said it was down for maintenance. Does Poser "phone home"? Normally I am connected to internet but as I am on a boat frequently there are times when I cannot connect so this will be unacceptable. Thanks if anyone can help. My Poser 2014 thankfully is still working.

I also had the same problem today, December 7th. I also opened a ticket and also made a post.

My Store

My Freestuff

JustBeCause ( ) posted Thu, 07 December 2023 at 5:38 PM · edited Thu, 07 December 2023 at 5:46 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

Ohh boy I just hope not to loose more customers, loosing the trust in Poser  and the permanent activation system, this is the point where honest people get punished! Already enough poser users jumped on free optional 3D platforms, such things sure do not cause any good to Poser for sure. Now the fear of loosing all purchased stuff whilst poser could just be shut is going to be burned into loyal members minds. fear of loss is sure not a good base for success ! Was a big mistake making that call home permanent instead of a one time activation for the running machine. Why would one have it activated once after purchase and then all of a sudden stolen a week after, so what is this permanent check all about anyway ?! Control Freaks ! Not even SM was so obsessed controlling the activation on every Poser startup ! It got activated and done with it . If software gets pirated then such a activation will sure not be a prevention, it just is punishing the loyal honest members.

Well take a little break and Play with Blender getting some models ready for Poser when running again!!!!

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2023 at 2:56 AM

All Bondware need to do is to scrap the 'phone home'.

Otherwise, should anything go really wrong with the servers we'll all be scuppered.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2023 at 10:03 AM

MattCarr posted at 8:35 AM Thu, 7 December 2023 - #4478776

I'm still having the same issue that mingle47 has described.

My Poser 11.2 has also stopped working and refusing to allow me past the Product Registration pop-up, even though the details are inputted correctly with copy and paste.

It was working fine a few days ago and It has worked fine since I purchased it from Renderosity as an upgrade from version 10 in February 2020. However today it is not allowing me access past the Product Registration.

Like others, I have a deadline to meet and need to finish a project, so I'm really hoping this will be fixed very quickly!

Poser 11.2? it looks like you are trying to use SmithMicro's version, the license server of which has been down since the transition to Poser 11.3.818, the Bondware's version.
You should be able to download them here: https://www.posersoftware.com/downloads/11 with your actual license number, if I am not wrong. If it isn't recognized, I suggest that you post a ticket to the support, here: https://support.posersoftware.com/

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
👿 Mac Mini M2, 16GB, 500GB SSD
👿 Nas 10TB
👿 Poser 13 and soon 14 ❤️

JustBeCause ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2023 at 10:35 AM · edited Fri, 08 December 2023 at 10:38 AM
Y-Phil posted at 10:03 AM Fri, 8 December 2023 - #4478812
Poser 11.2? it looks like you are trying to use SmithMicro's version, the license server of which has been down since the transition to Poser 11.3.818, the Bondware's version.
You should be able to download them here: https://www.posersoftware.com/downloads/11 with your actual license number, if I am not wrong. If it isn't recognized, I suggest that you post a ticket to the support, here: https://support.posersoftware.com/

Smith micro ended on version 11.1.1.35.... Poser 11.2 up are all bondware versions, in this case SM sure can't be blamed any longer for the server issues and activation issues, there was clearly an issue with the Bondware activation servers that grilled all licenses from 11.2 all the way up to 13, at least for the ones who were trying to run poser at the time of the issues

RAGraphicDesign ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2023 at 1:09 PM

I created the ticket and they immediately solved the problem

My Store

My Freestuff

Y-Phil ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2023 at 3:44 PM
JustBeCause posted at 10:35 AM Fri, 8 December 2023 - #4478814
Y-Phil posted at 10:03 AM Fri, 8 December 2023 - #4478812

Smith micro ended on version 11.1.1.35.... Poser 11.2 up are all bondware versions, in this case SM sure can't be blamed any longer for the server issues and activation issues, there was clearly an issue with the Bondware activation servers that grilled all licenses from 11.2 all the way up to 13, at least for the ones who were trying to run poser at the time of the issues
Read carefully: I'm not blaming anyone....

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
👿 Mac Mini M2, 16GB, 500GB SSD
👿 Nas 10TB
👿 Poser 13 and soon 14 ❤️

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.