Fri, Oct 4, 1:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: Santa Claus available to download at FairyWoods - Mrs Claus???

-renapd- ( ) posted Sun, 05 December 1999 at 1:16 PM ยท edited Sat, 27 July 2024 at 2:40 AM
Site Admin

Attached Link: http://members.xoom.com/renapd77

Santa has become available to download ever since a few minutes ago...enjoy and Merry Christmas to everybody! If only his wife had stayed slim over the years...they would have been a lovely poser couple but she is too darn hard to pose at anything acceptable with all that extra weight and long dresss... :o( So unless you want her real badly, let me know! :o) renapd

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]
"Collect moments, not things."

picnic ( ) posted Sun, 05 December 1999 at 4:48 PM

Rena, I'm having some problems with Santa. I suspect its me though. I'm opening the pz.3 file and I'm getting asked for SantaBUM.bum and Santahat.BUm, etc. It won't take the .jpeg files. Do we need to change all the BUM.jpeg's to .bmp files first to get Poser to use them initially. I also tried NOT using them (trying cancel) and it basically locked up--which it is wont to do at times. Diane B

Tartan ( ) posted Mon, 06 December 1999 at 12:20 AM

Ren I think you have a done a wonderful job. I will be trying the old boy out soon and yes he needs Mrs Claus to be there for him! :)

-renapd- ( ) posted Mon, 06 December 1999 at 1:20 AM
Site Admin

I had one more complaint and honestly I don't know what's wrong with him...I will look at it though tonight when I get home from the office. No Diane, I don't use BMP but JPGs...I suspect it has something to do with steve combining both figures when he sent over his suit and I had to split them apart once more...please, be patient as there's nothing I can do from here at the office... :o( renapd

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]

-renapd- ( ) posted Mon, 06 December 1999 at 1:24 AM
Site Admin

I was just notified by steve that we named the zips exactly the same and one may be overwritting the other...I keep my fingers crossed that it's only that! renapd

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]

picnic ( ) posted Mon, 06 December 1999 at 7:14 AM

Thanks Rena, I wrote to Steve too and he's going to look at it. I realized afterwards when I wrote that you were probably in bed VBG. Someone suggested on PFO that we open the .jpegs in Poser bump in material lab and let Poser redo them as .bums. I did--you know how balky Poser can be some times. It finally loaded Santa, his hat, his beard, his boots, his face, and his belt, but would not load the suit. I got one of those shrugging men in the library and it couldn't load the cr2. I'm pretty sure I have them all in the right files. No big thing--I know you always get them right. We'll just wait. Diane B

-renapd- ( ) posted Mon, 06 December 1999 at 12:10 PM
Site Admin

I just got word from steve and he opened the pz3 just fine, after canceling the bum request ( I never include bums in poser format as they are huge files to download..). Please make sure that you all have the 3 obj files provided by steve in the PW directory of your geometries, and just ignore the cr2 provided from poserworld. Just open the pz3 and then save the suite (figure 2) as a new cr2 of your own. That's a way that works fine around... Please DO let me know how this works for you! After santa is loaded just recreate all bums in poser4 to get the full effect of the figure.. I keep my fingers crossed as I can't understand this mystery...steve opens it, I open it, we share the same files...this is driving me crazy! :o( renapd

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]

picnic ( ) posted Mon, 06 December 1999 at 12:19 PM

I only have 1 .obj file Rena. I just checked again and even unzipped the original zip to see if I had missed one. There is only one .obj and its name is santaj.obj. Maybe this is the problem. I downloaded the zip from Poserworld. Look above at the thread called santa problem I think--I included what the screen looks like and told as much as I could. I tried canceling the bums, but it never would open so I changed them through Poser and they are okay. I'm missing the suit, boots--you can see in the picture. Up there, someone else posted saying they are having the same problem. Maybe the information I've given will help track it down--but I followed Steve's instructions to a T--but--there is only one .obj in the zip. Thanks as always, Rena, Diane B

-renapd- ( ) posted Mon, 06 December 1999 at 1:54 PM
Site Admin

We just figured this out Diane...it was about time! Steve accidentaly posted the wrong obj...as for me, I was misled to write 3 objs in my previous message..I opened his zip and didn't notice that the suit and hat were jpg templates, I thought they were obj files too in my hurry to fix this...sorry about that. But it's a good thing I checked as it turned out that MY obj was almost double in size than the one steve posted. Now he has fixed all that and I sure hope everything works out...Please DO let me know for sure once more! Thanks! renapd

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.