Mon, Sep 9, 8:03 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 13

Welcome to the Poser 13 Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd, RedPhantom

(Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 12:35 pm)

Subject: Reading DAZ characters into Poser!

vxg139 ( ) posted Fri, 15 December 2023 at 9:26 PM · edited Sun, 08 September 2024 at 12:34 AM

Are there future plans to update poser so that it accepts DAZ Genesis characters directly into the program (similar to V4) w/o importing/jumping through hoops? I recognize the difference bone structure/architecture with the Genesis characters but curious if this is something that is being considered. This is the one sticky point stopping me to upgrade to poser 13.

Cheers,

vxg139

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 15 December 2023 at 11:05 PM

Don't count on it.  The 'partnership' break after the Generation 4 models and the suspension of the DSON Importer for Genesis and Genesis 2 seems to have driven a wider gap between the applications.  DAZ is not willing to comply with creating a DAZ to Poser Bridge.

Nevertrumper ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2023 at 4:12 AM

If you want to use DAZ figures, DAZ studio is the native, and therefor better app for it.

NikKelly ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2024 at 5:04 PM

Sorta Plan_B is to export clad figure from DS --Whose UI gives me a prompt migraine !!-- as rigged FBX...

Has any-one succeeded in dynamically dressing bare Genesis 7/8/9 figures imported thus ??

(  I port a lot of clad game-derived figures, especially XPS format, to Poser as FBX: Results vary.... )

vxg139 ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2024 at 5:59 PM · edited Mon, 08 January 2024 at 6:00 PM

"If you want to use DAZ figures, DAZ studio is the native, and therefor better app for it."

I have vested too much in Poser program (characters, clothing, etc.... probably more than $20,000 since "Poser 4" days) to change to DAZ. Thanks for the advice though.

ssgbryan ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2024 at 9:24 PM

vxg139 posted at 5:59 PM Mon, 8 January 2024 - #4480216

"If you want to use DAZ figures, DAZ studio is the native, and therefor better app for it."

I have vested too much in Poser program (characters, clothing, etc.... probably more than $20,000 since "Poser 4" days) to change to DAZ. Thanks for the advice though.

It isn't even good advice.

You would need to drop several hundred dollars on 3rd party apps just to approach feature parity.

hornet3d ( ) posted Tue, 09 January 2024 at 4:54 AM

I guess DAZ studio could be run along side Poser, I know some user do use both, I guess it does depend on just how desperate there is a need to use Daz Genesis Characters.  

It really is a personal choice but, good as the Genesis figures are, I have yet to see anything that is that special that I am prepared to move away from Poser.   

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

Nevertrumper ( ) posted Tue, 09 January 2024 at 12:37 PM
ssgbryan posted at 9:24 PM Mon, 8 January 2024 - #4480223

You would need to drop several hundred dollars on 3rd party apps just to approach feature parity.

Guess, what you're doing, if you're on Poser.

Nevertrumper ( ) posted Tue, 09 January 2024 at 1:10 PM
vxg139 posted at 5:59 PM Mon, 8 January 2024 - #4480216

Poser and DAZ Studio are loosing games. I don't want to know how many gigabytes on dead content I own by now. Content I just don't use anymore because of its outdated low quality, which is everything before 2015 back to 2004, when I started to buy content on a regular basis.
Static objects and legacy rigged figures still import quit nicely into DS.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Tue, 09 January 2024 at 2:39 PM
Site Admin

Everybody's entitled to their opinion, but this isn't a poser or daz bashing thread. Please keep it relating to helping use Daz figures in Poser.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

jroulin ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2024 at 8:44 AM · edited Sat, 13 January 2024 at 8:49 AM

When reading this tread, I was curious to see if I could do something like this so here is my attempt at it with Genesis 9 and the Kat morph applied.

In Daz Studio load Genesis 9 and apply Kat to it. With the Scene tab selected Genesis figure transform it to TriAx Weight.

Export the Figure as CR2 File.

Load by drag and drop the Figure in Poser. Slide to frame 30 and use the DUF pose converter script made by Ken1171_Designs and available here at Renderosity to set a pose or manually pose the Figure. One problem here is that the shoulder can only be rotated a little or it deforms the breast. Other than this all seems to work well.

If you want load some dynamic clothing. In my example I used some clothing made for LaFemme2 and scaled to fit more or less Genesis. I also ported over the Genesis Eyes and the Voss hair and conformed those new Figures to Genesis 9. Specially the Eyes were needing some tweaks in the materials and they still are not perfect but my goal was more to see if and how I can load Genesis in Poser so I did not go more in deep for this as it is only messing around in the material room.

NKUUsHDf0YI9AcgYksbbsQZGw2idBeShslLGRbrs.jpg

jroulin ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2024 at 12:00 PM

I video to show the side skirt for LaFemme applied to Genesis 9 using Poser13. As you can see the clothing is not fitting Genesis properly at the start (frame1) but seems it is not a stopper. (Fine at frame30)

Video

jroulin ( ) posted Mon, 15 January 2024 at 4:04 AM

Strange tryed the same way for Genesis 8 and 3 and it is not working. Will try to find what is going wrong

vxg139 ( ) posted Mon, 15 January 2024 at 12:48 PM

Based on the feedbacks received , it is clear that Poser and DAZ are unlikely to join forces to deliver products that are "program independent"  (i.e. they prefer program dependency products more important... which affects their bottom $$$)! Oh well,  it was good whilst it lasted (as was the case for V4).

jroulin ( ) posted Sun, 21 January 2024 at 2:03 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Some more experimenting with Genesis 9 into Poser 13. Here is a render with Genesis 9. Imported in Poser at the base pose. Posed G9 in frame 30 added my LF Baby Doll Nighty Top to it and set up a simulation. Added a simle using the morph included in G9 and rendered. Here is the result

MVIMOXqIn9P3v1UddXiflDnN97EgafC2c5ZePN2C.jpg

Y-Phil ( ) posted Sun, 21 January 2024 at 3:28 PM · edited Sun, 21 January 2024 at 3:28 PM
jroulin posted at 2:03 PM Sun, 21 January 2024 - #4480648

I've done a small experiment, following your instructions. Just because the last I tried it was with a G8 and the result was worse than with that good old  Aiko3.
Basically, the rare things I know from the studio is how to start it and how to close it. Oh yes: after 10 minutes I've found how to add the default g9+kat+ the material.
The "convert to triax" thing: luckily a dedicated page explained that, indeed because I was lost.
Then I load in Poser the result. Doesn't look bad, indeed, but I see a weird effect near the base of the neck, and my 1st thought was: "where's my mistake in the process?"
And: you've the same problem on your picture:

RaMZ7QMItk6dsAyVXBNduVcnHqiDQJHNyjTUPahs.png

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
👿 Mac Mini M2, 16GB, 500GB SSD
👿 Nas 10TB
👿 Poser 13 and soon 14 ❤️

jroulin ( ) posted Mon, 22 January 2024 at 8:52 AM · edited Mon, 22 January 2024 at 8:54 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Hi PhYl, I did not see this before you mentioned it. So back at DazStudio and Poser to see what happens.

I first found out that there are differences in scale settings for the body that seems to be translated wrong or that Poser is handling different than DazStudio. When starting to look at other character I found out that some are working well like Victoria 9 and the base feminine and some needs to adjust the Body scales.

Now when looking at all those morphs I also found out that I can save G9 with all the different Figure character I have in one go. I simply need to select the Save Binary Morph File.

SzkXzdruZHdeqtZEiXHFVzAeE4GfVCpxceCXRggo.jpg

You also need to give a Base Phat where to save the different collected files.This allows you to load the G9 base Figure in Poser and apply the different characters in Poser 13.

Below is also a Victoria 9 render still with my Nighty as dynamic clothing applied. 

JtPN6qjvdsvuPdROOccByNpBjeyjG4joNytwdb4V.jpg

Y-Phil ( ) posted Mon, 22 January 2024 at 2:20 PM

Oh, ok, thank you fZRjYuQs9XNbiE8SqdE6dPD3ysH7MGSkNSPVWVAg.png

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
👿 Mac Mini M2, 16GB, 500GB SSD
👿 Nas 10TB
👿 Poser 13 and soon 14 ❤️

NikKelly ( ) posted Thu, 25 January 2024 at 3:43 PM

Bravo !!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.