Thu, Sep 19, 12:50 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 12:45 pm)

Subject: How to convert multi-part prop into a figure?

OberonRex ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2024 at 9:00 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 12:47 PM

I have my Cube prop working, but each one is a collection of 12 parts for the sides (2 each) plus two more for an optional candle:

8wUANzDYZe2bmjPoLwETZicTuznX4lHW7QZyThva.png

But right now, if I ask the window what props I have, I see this:

3lQ1U7IZXrBWlDsjNrrOJOlw6Q8hytSfpecntgWv.png

I want to reduce the clutter and have all that show up under Body for a Figure. And I haven't a clue. So far my attempts have failed miserably.

I can hack my way through the Setup room and end up with a figure -- but the sub-parts still show up in the list of props as shown above.

Can I buy a clue? 

Btw, on a different note altogether, this cube has three dials called xStack, yStack, and zStack. Increment one of those by 1 and the cube moves in the indicated direction by exactly one cubes dimension. The three in the first picture were created all in one place, then yStack on one was incremented by one and xStack was incremented by one on another. I thought that was kinda cool.

OberonRex ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2024 at 1:51 PM

It's the hierarchy, right? But does that require bones? I'm reading... Still not getting it...

FVerbaas ( ) posted Thu, 18 January 2024 at 2:58 AM · edited Thu, 18 January 2024 at 2:59 AM
Forum Coordinator

If I understand it correctly you want to merge the independent objects into one. Poser was never designed to do such operations. It was, and rightly so, considered that 3D programs like Blender are better suited for the task. Problem with those however is they come with a steep investment, if not financial then in learning effort. 

A quick route to merge props without resorting to 3D programs is to export your separate props to a .obj file. On reload you willt have all selected components in a single prop.

in a new scene.  

Bastep ( ) posted Thu, 18 January 2024 at 1:17 PM

After you have transferred the individual parts into a single object file, you can make a figure out of it. How to do this is explained in this tutorial.
Greetings

Lesson 21: Rigging: Hard Edge

Y-Phil ( ) posted Thu, 18 January 2024 at 2:16 PM
Online Now!

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
👿 Mac Mini M2, 16GB, 500GB SSD
👿 Nas 10TB
👿 Poser 13 and soon 14 ❤️

VedaDalsette ( ) posted Fri, 19 January 2024 at 5:34 PM · edited Fri, 19 January 2024 at 5:36 PM
Online Now!

I just create a group and throw all the props into that group. They fold up under the group name in the Hierarchy menu, so it removes the clutter. If you want to stop each individual prop from moving, you can Lock Object for each prop.

W11,Intel i9-14900KF @ 3.20GHz, 64.0 GB RAM, 64-bit, GeForce GTX 4070 Ti SUPER, 16GB. 

Old lady hobbyist.

All visual art or fiction is "playing with dolls."

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.