Sat, Oct 5, 6:11 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / La Femme 2

Welcome to the La Femme 2 Forum

Forum Moderators: Kalypso, JacquelineJ

(Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 7:38 pm)

Subject: Custom Expressions Palette LF2

jancory ( ) posted Tue, 16 January 2024 at 7:49 AM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 6:11 AM

I've managed to make a shareable Custom Dials Palette for LF2 that makes her expression controls easily accessible.Want to put this in freebies but need to know if it works for anyone else but me.  Feedback most welcome.

It loads from the Props folder.

Designed & tested in P13, tested in P11 (ignore the version error).

Tested on both LF2 Lite and Pro.  

Works on LF1 but only shows dials that are in her head (like eyes side-side, mouth open etc), no expression controls as she has none.

The zip's in my file locker here for anyone who wants to try it out.

https://www.renderosity.com/filelocker/57024/download?key=705">EzExpressLF2

please let me know if it doesn't work! will see if i can fix it     -jan-

ROGVcVnQLOdPkZPezV6jbB5GBWaHMDKmlu0usSav.jpg

lost in the wilderness

Poser 13, Poser11,  Win7Pro 64, now with 24GB ram

ooh! i guess i can add my new render(only) machine!  Win11, I7, RTX 3060 12GB

My Freebies

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 16 January 2024 at 10:09 AM

I took a quick look at the EZ Expressions prop, and it seems to work well for me and my system.  The only advice I can give is to increase the dial sensitivity; the response to dial spinning is sluggish and slow.  I would try a value 0.05 as a starting point and tweak it from there.

jancory ( ) posted Tue, 16 January 2024 at 10:28 AM

I think that might be built into the dials themselves but will check it out.  thanks for testing!  

(i just pulled the existing dials over as they are & didn't try to adjust the sensitivity settings any of them further.)

lost in the wilderness

My Freebies

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 16 January 2024 at 10:39 AM

The other dials work fine as is.  Overall, with the sensitivity adjustments, the dials work very well.  I'm impressed.

jancory ( ) posted Tue, 16 January 2024 at 10:51 AM

so are there specific dials or is it all the dials need adjusting? (sensitivity)

i've got ideas for other custom palettes now that i know how to make them to share.  taking suggestions there too.

lost in the wilderness

My Freebies

Kalypso ( ) posted Tue, 16 January 2024 at 11:17 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

What a great idea, thank you for this!  Tested in Poser 11, 12 and 13 and it works well.  The file can be edited to reference a lower Poser version number so the error message doesn't appear and I did not find the dials sluggish.   I'll see if I can come up with any suggestions.

jancory ( ) posted Tue, 16 January 2024 at 11:33 AM

thank you!  will edit the version #; that used to drive me buggy & is so easy to remedy

lost in the wilderness

My Freebies

jancory ( ) posted Fri, 19 January 2024 at 12:14 PM

in Freestuff now

https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/97069/ezexpressions-dials-for-lf2

I have noticed that the dials sometimes get balky or unresponsive, suggest deleting the palette & reloading it.  i've had this happen with other custom palettes.

lost in the wilderness

My Freebies

jancory ( ) posted Sat, 20 January 2024 at 1:55 PM

I've got someone having problems.  Anyone got any helpful insights I can pass on ? I will add that I am still on version 13.1.469 if that makes a difference.

Here's what she wrote me:

Sadly, this doesn't work for me.  The palette appears but no controls appear within it.  I have two different machines running Poser 13.2.518 and I get nothing on either of them.  I tried with all the versions of La Femme 2 that I have.  I can give you more detail on my computers if you like.

lost in the wilderness

My Freebies

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 20 January 2024 at 2:58 PM

Strange.  The original copy you provided above worked before.  Now, I get a blank custom palette.

jancory ( ) posted Sat, 20 January 2024 at 3:02 PM

it is strange.  still working for me.  if the problem persists i will pull the freebie.

lost in the wilderness

My Freebies

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 20 January 2024 at 3:10 PM

I reinstalled the prop and rebooted P13, and it worked.  I saved LF2 SR1 as a partial scene and reimported her back into Poser, which worked.  I deleted LF2 SR1 from the scene and reloaded her back with the Prop, and now it's not working.  I'm going to troubleshoot some more.

jancory ( ) posted Sat, 20 January 2024 at 3:18 PM

thank you in advance.  

lost in the wilderness

My Freebies

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 20 January 2024 at 3:59 PM

I ran several scenarios and I assessed that there is something incorrect in the prop coding.  When you load La Femme for the first time into Poser, the prop works.  If you load a second LF figure, the prop scripting fails.  Delete the figures and reinstall them, the prop still fails.  Reboot Poser and reload both the LF figure and the prop, everything works again.  I did have Poser crash every time I deleted LF from the scene.  Taking a closer look at the prop's script, I did see a script formatting issue which corrected the crashing.  Beyond that, I am at a loss as to why the prop stops working after the first install.  ATM, I recommend saving the figure either back into the Library or exporting LF out as a partial scene.  Importing the figure from a partial scene retains the functionality of the dials.

jancory ( ) posted Sat, 20 January 2024 at 4:03 PM

ok, i believe this is beyond my ken, so am going to delete the freebie for now.  was worth a try i guess!  thank you for all the feedback, it was what i needed.  -j-

lost in the wilderness

My Freebies

SIGASIGA ( ) posted Mon, 22 January 2024 at 8:01 AM

Good morning, (my configuration is: Poser 11pro, windows 10)

I tested and I use this expression palette.

Certainly there are anomalies, for example:

- the palette is empty if I open Poser via a file.pz3

- the palette remains empty with LF1pro and LF2 pro and SR1

So as I really appreciate this tool and I thank jancory for it, here is how I proceed:

-> File>>New (with LF1)

-> Open EZ Express LF2 (palette OK)

-> Open LF2pro SR1 (Apply to scene/Replace)

-> EZ Express LF2 is OK

I work on the expression, I save it in my expression library. So I find the desired expression for the final scene.

This tool is very good, leave it available and warn users...

vVsVvU2ZBLB3ciMmdwHCCtphQl3TdHGArKhmqY9M.jpg

jancory ( ) posted Mon, 22 January 2024 at 8:33 AM

thank you so much for this info, it's going to be useful if/when i get the freebie working again for everyone. 

i've been able to reproduce the loading-empty problem by having 2 LF2's in the scene.  tried a readscript-style loader, which worked with a single but also fails with multiples.  my P13 is also crashing on close a lot, but that might be my machine.  it's been struggling lately.

going to try your method next!

it will stay available in my file locker from the link in the opening post for anyone who wants to experiment.  

lost in the wilderness

My Freebies

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 22 January 2024 at 9:36 AM

I have experienced crashing when deleting LF2 Pro SR1 after loading the Expression palette so I don't believe you're encountering an isolated case.  There might be an issue with formatting because I got it to stop crashing.  I need to replicate what I've done to isolate that problem.

jancory ( ) posted Mon, 22 January 2024 at 9:53 AM

bad formatting wouldn't surprise me---i just pasted the custom dial block straight from my saved pz3 into a blank file, called it a pp2 & went from there. (edited palette title & size in the final version)

interesting side note:  if you make the file a pz2 instead of prop, it loads duplicates.  

lost in the wilderness

My Freebies

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 22 January 2024 at 11:31 AM

I just discovered the source of the crashes I have been experiencing when deleting LF2 after applying the Expression palette.  Turning off 'Master Sync enabled' prevents Poser from crashing.  I have successfully deleted a freshly loaded LF2 with the feature enabled without the Expression palette added.  There is an internal conflict somewhere that is interfering with other features.  This might take a collaborative effort with other users to sort out issues.

jancory ( ) posted Mon, 22 January 2024 at 12:03 PM

interesting.  will have to try that.

tried  SIGASIGA's method but no joy here.  am going to save a cr2 copy w/save custom palettes selected & see if she'll load  & delete that way.

lost in the wilderness

My Freebies

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.