Mon, Sep 9, 8:03 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: What is queue manager for?

3dkaya ( ) posted Fri, 02 February 2024 at 10:39 AM · edited Wed, 04 September 2024 at 11:12 AM

What is the purpose of queue manager?  What do I need it for?

hornet3d ( ) posted Fri, 02 February 2024 at 11:14 AM

Queue manager allows you to send a render to a second machine so that can work on it which frees Poser up for you to continue using it while the render in completed on the other machine.  It is saved back to the original machine when finished.

For example I have a machine few years old but it is quiet powerful and, these days, a little noisy.  I now run a small Mini PC that I use to create the scene but the render is done by the old powerful machine that now lives in the garage.  That keeps my work room, which is an upstirs bedroom I commandeered,  clear and quiet and it also allows me to work on a new scene while the render is being processed in the garage.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 02 February 2024 at 11:40 AM

You can also run Queue Manager on the same machine, and render while you continue to work on another scene in Poser.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.