Thu, Oct 3, 1:25 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / New Poser Users Help

Welcome to the New Poser Users Help Forum

Forum Moderators: Anim8dtoon, RedPhantom, Staff

New Poser Users Help F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 9:30 am)

New to Poser? Ask questions here for expert help!

Subject: Can I Import And Manipulate 2D Images?

TheBlueSkyRanger ( ) posted Tue, 27 February 2024 at 7:02 AM · edited Wed, 02 October 2024 at 11:40 PM

I'm thinking of making an animation background to incorporate into my 2D software.  Basically, I would be superimposing my characters over the resulting video file.  What I want to do is use a series of picture images to create a sort of "hall of memories," with the images as the walls and the camera tracking through it.  Is this possible to do, or do I need to convert the images to some sort of 3D object with the image on one of the faces to do this?

nerd ( ) posted Wed, 28 February 2024 at 3:00 PM
Forum Moderator

There's two way you can display 2d images in the Poser scene. The easiest is to use the image as the background picture in Poser.

- Hide the ground in Poser [ctrl]+G

- File > Import > Background picture

- The background will fill the view port.

I don't think that's what you're after though. The other way is "Billboards"

- From Poser props library fine the "One sided square" and add it to the scene

- Switch to the materials room

- Drag n' drop the image you want to use into the material editor window.

- Connect a wire between the image and the diffuse color input.

- Set the specular color to black (unless you want a shine on the image)

If you wan the image to glow like a TV set, emitting their own light. Plug the image map into the Ambient color, set it to white and it's value to 1.0. Set every thing else to black.

You will need to adjust the height and width scale of the prop so it matches the aspect ratio of your image so it won't look stretched.

TheBlueSkyRanger ( ) posted Thu, 29 February 2024 at 9:14 AM
nerd posted at 3:00 PM Wed, 28 February 2024 - #4482070

The other way is "Billboards".

Yes!  Thank you!  I can't wait to play with this this weekend!  Thank you sincerely for your help.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.