Mon, Jul 8, 12:43 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 08 12:05 pm)

Subject: Hosiery seams on LF, Dawn, V4.

VedaDalsette ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2024 at 6:32 PM · edited Mon, 08 July 2024 at 11:06 AM

I can never seem to properly draw hosiery seams on skin textures for La Femme, Dawn, or V4. I like to have them for characters from the 30s, 40s, and 50s. Do any exist? Templates maybe? A technique to use? Thanks.

W11,Intel i9-14900KF @ 3.20GHz, 64.0 GB RAM, 64-bit, GeForce GTX 4070 Ti SUPER, 16GB. 

Old lady hobbyist.

All visual art or fiction is "playing with dolls."

GGreen ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2024 at 7:48 PM
VedaDalsette ( ) posted Mon, 04 March 2024 at 7:19 AM

Thanks. I could never find stockings with seams. I have no experience with the Genesis characters. Your last link will work for V4, but it looks like first I have to buy http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/highfashion-essentials-superhose-for-v4-a4-g4/72784. A review for that one says it has seams but they're down the side of the leg, not down the back. Of course, I'd feel better spending $18 on a full body texture with seams than two stocking textures, most of which I'll never use.

W11,Intel i9-14900KF @ 3.20GHz, 64.0 GB RAM, 64-bit, GeForce GTX 4070 Ti SUPER, 16GB. 

Old lady hobbyist.

primorge ( ) posted Mon, 04 March 2024 at 8:25 AM · edited Mon, 04 March 2024 at 8:25 AM

If you'd prefer the "roll your own" route, this is an example of something that's ridiculously easy in a software with 3d painting capabilities. It's a lot easier because it's what you see is what you get.

I use Mudbox for this kind of thing. It's UDIM by default so it handles LF, and I'm assuming Dawn. V4 requires a bit more prep due to the stacked UVs.

Here I just imported LF, steady stroked 2 curves onto her legs via symmetry, and stroked the paint brush to the curves. Via the paint layers, export channel to psd. This opens the layer in photoshop for any other manipulations as desired and can be sent back to Mudbox or just saved out as a file. It's basically 5 minutes of work.

Mudbox is 10 dollars a month subscription from (ominous music) Autodesk, which I suppose is horrifying for some, but it's a very capable sculpting and painting tool that easily integrates with Photoshop and Poser. For straight layer based 3d painting, and many baking operations, it puts Blender to shame...

Z9ZUZDNZe2xtTCTLOTwXokwt4UET2iF4cp584aXc.png

GE4bpPJiznKYUb0QMMtHd6ZRImkBrU3dhachG9YJ.png

B5Ny4fhkg3BNuHIBJLgDpK8RRq6YuRmqGP7G1hwI.png

noxiart ( ) posted Mon, 04 March 2024 at 10:54 AM

Over at DAZ3D:

"Pumps and Stocking For V4A4G4" by Idler168

randym77 ( ) posted Mon, 04 March 2024 at 11:18 AM
Online Now!

I use these:

https://www.renderosity.com/marketplace/products/98841/suspenders-support-pantyhose

One of the textures has a seam; you could use it as a template if it's not exactly what you want.

There's also this product, that will put stocking textures over any V4 texture you have, but uses a Poser 11 and below Python script.

https://www.renderosity.com/marketplace/products/103531/b1-1-click-sexy-stockings-lingerie-super-skinz-bodygloves

VedaDalsette ( ) posted Tue, 05 March 2024 at 7:38 AM

primorge, Mudbox looks really cool. Thanks for the tip. I'll look into it.

noxiart, I've done searches in Daz before and never found these. Thanks!

randym77, my searches here never brought up those pantyhose before. I prefer to buy from Rendo when I can, so I'll go with this for now. I can use Crossdresser to convert to LF and Dawn. 

I appreciate all your help!

Old lady hobbyist.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Wed, 06 March 2024 at 2:27 PM

Blender can also do that for the great price of free, though many people dislike the UI.

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

VedaDalsette ( ) posted Wed, 06 March 2024 at 3:00 PM

Thanks, Ohki. Good to know.  I've started to play with Blender a few times but haven't stuck with it, because I preferred to work on stories. One of these days!

Old lady hobbyist.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.