Mon, Jul 8, 12:04 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 08 10:21 am)

Subject: Duplicates in Runtime

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 12 March 2024 at 4:28 PM · edited Mon, 08 July 2024 at 11:40 AM

I know this was covered quite awhile ago, but I gave up on the search function...

How do I get rid of duplicates in my runtime? It seems like most of the legacy content is doubled. It's kind of annoying and obviously taking up a lot of space in my hard drive.

Thanks!

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

shvrdavid ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2024 at 3:07 PM

Removing duplicate files can be a double edged sword. Just about every version of Poser has moved something, so users like myself and others have Judy and much of the other Poser content stored in multiple places. 

Personally I found it much easier to get more drive space than try to get rid of all the duplicates and correct old scene saves that have hard paths in them when Poser still randomly did that.

There are programs specifically designed to deal with duplicate files, and I did try that before. And then ended up just restoring the duplicated mess when old file saves stopped loading without looking for something for ages then making me find it anyway.

This might explain why my system has 26 terabytes of total storage space now...... That allows me to have all my duplicates backed up, and Poser is not the only offender by any means........ I still have plenty of high speed empty space left to edit video's, for recording with daws, etc. And of course terabytes of Poser duplicates.....

If you do decide to remove duplicates, back it up first. There are a few programs out there designed to do just that, but that doesn't always work out as planned based on files save schemes in programs the that use those files.

Some things are easy to explain, other things are not........ <- Store ->   <-Freebies->

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 17 March 2024 at 9:04 AM

I was more concerned with the messy looking runtime than storage space, so maybe I will just leave it alone.

Thanks for the response.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.