Sat, Jul 6, 1:17 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Challenge Arena

Welcome to the Challenge Arena Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Challenge Arena F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 05 7:40 am)

Welcome to the

Challenge Arena

This forum is dedicated to learning, creating and pushing yourself to meet the
challenges that have been posted by other members of Renderosity.

Hope to see you here!

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Blender Forum Banner Challenge

Lobo3433 ( ) posted Thu, 07 March 2024 at 9:36 PM · edited Fri, 05 July 2024 at 7:18 PM
Forum Moderator

Blender Forum Banner Challenge

• The Blender forum is in need of new banners!

• Create a Forum banner!

• Any theme is welcome.

• Post work is allowed.

• Other software may be used in conjunction with Blender

• Create as many as you like!

Banner Specs: Open to all Renderosity members, including Coords, Mods, and Admin. Nudity/Violence is not allowed. All banners must be within Renderosity's TOS. Banners must be; 500 pixels wide and 125 pixels tall, saved as a .jpg only. Thumbnails must be 100 X 100 pixels.

Info: This is NOT a "prize" Challenge, in this, everybody wins but the First, Second and Third place banners each creator will be gifted 500 Renderosity Points for 1st, 300 RP for 2nd and 3rd 100 RP. These Renderosity points can be used towards purchased in the Market place. Banners must be uploaded by each member to “The Challenge Arena.” This is not replacing the current rotating banners. Banners from this challenge will be added to the current rotation. 

Artists grant permission to Renderosity for the use of submitted images for an undetermined period of time. (This is strictly for displaying/keeping the images within the contest archives. ) The Artist will always remain the intellectual property & copyright holder.

Lobo3433

Blender Maya & 3D Forum Moderator 

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

Renderosity Blender 3D Facebook Page

APlusDesign ( ) posted Mon, 11 March 2024 at 10:00 AM

Sounds interesting! What's the deadline for this? :)

Lobo3433 ( ) posted Tue, 12 March 2024 at 8:57 AM
      Forum Moderator
      APlusDesign posted at 10:00 AM Mon, 11 March 2024 - #4482375

At the moment there is no deadline we want as many members to have a chance in participating 

Lobo3433

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

APlusDesign ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2024 at 10:26 AM
      Lobo3433 posted at 8:57 AM Tue, 12 March 2024 - #4482411

At the moment there is no deadline we want as many members to have a chance in participating 
      Awesome! I'll try to get to this as soon as I can =) =) =)

Lobo3433 ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2024 at 10:34 AM · edited Thu, 14 March 2024 at 10:34 AM
      Forum Moderator
      APlusDesign posted at 10:26 AM Thu, 14 March 2024 - #4482498
      Lobo3433 posted at 8:57 AM Tue, 12 March 2024 - #4482411

Awesome! I'll try to get to this as soon as I can =) =) =)
      Look forward to seeing your entry 

Lobo3433

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

APlusDesign ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2024 at 10:52 AM

Okay, so here is my first banner entry. I'm quite new to Blender so this was quite experimental for me and I plan on trying some more later (also a great time for me to learn more Blender!) This one is entitled 'See No Evil'. I decided to make use of Blender's monkey shape as I think it is quite fun they have that as a default shape in their system in addition to more standard ones. And I toyed around with the reflection materials a lot.

wOv3pWWl5LQQWUJMMxPWaEwb0FaIUgMtzSXlnbKh.png

Lobo3433 ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2024 at 11:10 AM
      Forum Moderator
      APlusDesign posted at 10:52 AM Mon, 25 March 2024 - #4482842

Okay, so here is my first banner entry. I'm quite new to Blender so this was quite experimental for me and I plan on trying some more later (also a great time for me to learn more Blender!) This one is entitled 'See No Evil'. I decided to make use of Blender's monkey shape as I think it is quite fun they have that as a default shape in their system in addition to more standard ones. And I toyed around with the reflection materials a lot.

Thank you for submitting your entry Blender is a great 3D software once you get use to it. It is very powerful to everyone bring their imagination to light look forward to seeing your future entries 

Lobo3433

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

APlusDesign ( ) posted Sat, 30 March 2024 at 2:50 PM
      Lobo3433 posted at 11:10 AM Mon, 25 March 2024 - #4482843
      APlusDesign posted at 10:52 AM Mon, 25 March 2024 - #4482842

wOv3pWWl5LQQWUJMMxPWaEwb0FaIUgMtzSXlnbKh.png

Thank you for submitting your entry Blender is a great 3D software once you get use to it. It is very powerful to everyone bring their imagination to light look forward to seeing your future entries 
      Thank you! Have a wonderful Easter Weekend. I will keep at practicing and try to look at some more tutorials.

Lobo3433 ( ) posted Sat, 30 March 2024 at 3:49 PM
      Forum Moderator

Have a wonderful Easter as well APlusDesign 

Lobo3433

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

keppel ( ) posted Mon, 08 April 2024 at 8:10 AM

Here is an entry for the banner challenge.  First time playing around with an OpenVDB file.

kE5KktPFXldkuP1CPoVLwksCuEwvfF7FpqX2S4Im.jpg

My Renderosity Store
      Virtual Furnishing
      My Portfolio

Lobo3433 ( ) posted Mon, 08 April 2024 at 9:47 AM
      Forum Moderator
      keppel posted at 8:10 AM Mon, 8 April 2024 - #4483353

Here is an entry for the banner challenge.  First time playing around with an OpenVDB file.

Looks good keppel 

Lobo3433

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

Warlock279 ( ) posted Sun, 14 April 2024 at 2:07 PM · edited Sun, 14 April 2024 at 2:07 PM

NXfE36tmemL4UXclMb6ECWytXJlsLpWYPPPjh1Rn.jpg

6gSFEg9dE8HeNMMslMtlhOb8akuv6D0YVBdXvtBl.jpg

Two I cooked up over the last week or two. Generally I don't texture/render in Blender, and to date I've hadn't actually used 2.92  [the newest version that is still supported on my PC] for anything beyond setting it up ages ago,because I was quicker/more comfortable with 2.66 and 2.75 for most of what I use Blender for, so these took quite a bit longer than I anticipated, aw well.

The Scrabble one was rendered with Eevee, cause I didn't realize THAT was the default render engine [until I called it done, and was half way thru making the neon one]. Who makes a realtime engine the default? Renders sure were snappy tho! Some of the texturing and lighting issues I fought with on that one were because of the engine. The neon one was rendered with Cycles.

Core i7 950@3.02GHz | 12GB Corsair Dominator Ram@1600mHz | 2GB Geforce GTX 660

Lightwave | Blender | Marmoset | GIMP | Krita

Lobo3433 ( ) posted Sun, 14 April 2024 at 4:08 PM
      Forum Moderator
      Warlock279 posted at 2:07 PM Sun, 14 April 2024 - #4483593

Two I cooked up over the last week or two. Generally I don't texture/render in Blender, and to date I've hadn't actually used 2.92  [the newest version that is still supported on my PC] for anything beyond setting it up ages ago,because I was quicker/more comfortable with 2.66 and 2.75 for most of what I use Blender for, so these took quite a bit longer than I anticipated, aw well.

The Scrabble one was rendered with Eevee, cause I didn't realize THAT was the default render engine [until I called it done, and was half way thru making the neon one]. Who makes a realtime engine the default? Renders sure were snappy tho! Some of the texturing and lighting issues I fought with on that one were because of the engine. The neon one was rendered with Cycles.

Thank you for your entries Warlock279 both of them look great 

Lobo3433

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

keppel ( ) posted Sat, 20 April 2024 at 3:36 AM

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.