Fri, Jul 12, 10:11 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 11 7:41 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Unreal Engine?

anniemation ( ) posted Sat, 23 March 2024 at 7:21 PM · edited Wed, 10 July 2024 at 11:23 AM
Online Now!

Not at all sure where to post this - please move if this is not the right place.

Does anyone know a good tutorial about creating assets for RE?  Poly count, anything else?  I've found lots of stuff on you tube but nothing concise.

Lobo3433 ( ) posted Sat, 23 March 2024 at 9:19 PM · edited Sat, 23 March 2024 at 9:19 PM
Forum Moderator Online Now!

World of Level Design who has a youtube channel offers several good tutorials for creating levels and modeling props for UnReal engine as well as Unity he primarily works with Maya but many of the techniques can transfer to other 3D packages. Grant Abbitt is another who does many easy to follow tutorials for game engines he primarily uses Blender for modeling and 3DTudor is another who offer many courses on prop making for games these 3 individuals offer both free courses and in depth paid courses I highly recommend all 3.

Lobo3433

Blender Maya & 3D Forum Moderator 

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

Renderosity Blender 3D Facebook Page

anniemation ( ) posted Sat, 23 March 2024 at 9:45 PM
Online Now!

Thank you!

Lobo3433 ( ) posted Sun, 24 March 2024 at 8:29 AM
Forum Moderator Online Now!
anniemation posted at 9:45 PM Sat, 23 March 2024 - #4482792

Thank you!

Your welcome 

Lobo3433

Blender Maya & 3D Forum Moderator 

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

Renderosity Blender 3D Facebook Page

PandaB5 ( ) posted Mon, 01 April 2024 at 5:19 AM

I use Unity. The general rule is the lower the polycount the faster it will render, the better your game will run.

But you can also get around that by having fewer objects in the scene or streamlining your code etc.

And if you're developing for mobile vs PC vs game console there are different rules. Developers tend to develop for multiple markets simultaneously. For example, if I'm developing for mobile and PC, my assets must work on mobile, but still look good on PC. Alternatively, they'll use version control systems to duplicate the assets - select a low poly asset for mobile and a higher poly count for PC. 

Things should be in pieces - rather than a room full of furniture, you'd need a room and furniture. The developer will select what they need for each platform, based on what that platform can handle (mobile will have fewer items - pc will have more items).

Look at the unity and unreal asset stores and you'll get a good idea of what's popular, and the polycounts.

Casual games for Windows PC, browsers and Android devices
https://www.evolutionarycasualgames.com/

anniemation ( ) posted Mon, 01 April 2024 at 8:28 AM
Online Now!

Will do.  Thank you.

I actually figured out how to rig in Unreal.  Just having some glitches with how the bones move.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.