Mon, Jul 8, 12:08 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 08 12:05 pm)

Subject: What do you want to see in the way of tutorials for Poser?

Anim8dtoon ( ) posted Fri, 19 April 2024 at 10:10 AM · edited Mon, 08 July 2024 at 6:32 AM
Forum Moderator

Hi Poser peeps! I'm a longtime Renderosity member and a forum moderator since 2020. Poser is my go-to 3D program, which I've been using since version 4 (whew!) and am currently using Poser 11 Pro. Just recently, I went hunting for a tutorial on grouping objects that had originally been published as a Poser Pulse article, but could not find it anywhere on the site -- but finally found it buried over at Posersoftware.com; I would never have thought to look there, until one of the admins pointed me to it.

I assume that some of you have had the same difficulty in finding helpful information on how to get the most out of your Poser experience. That being said, we are working to make those tutorials more accessible to all of you.

What I would like to know is what kind of tutorials would you like to see published to help you become a better artist? What topics interest you the most -- would it be learning how to create realistic Cycles/PBR materials for use in your projects? What about importing/exporting other file formats? UV mapping? Mastering the Hair Room? Optimizing your render settings? Anything and everything Poser has to offer you as an artist, please tell us what you want to know more about, and we will do our very best to create tutorials covering those topics.

Also, how do you want those tutorials to be presented? Do you prefer video tuts, or in-depth articles in Poser Pulse/Posersoftware.com? Maybe in downloadable PDF format that you can easily follow along as you work on your projects?

All that being said, the floor is now yours! 

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 19 April 2024 at 10:54 AM

The timing of this request is impeccable. In-depth tutorials on the Hair Room, Cloth Room, and animation are highly sought after, catering to both beginners and advanced users. Ideally, these tutorials would be available in video format, complemented by downloadable PDF documentation for comprehensive coverage.

Boni ( ) posted Fri, 19 April 2024 at 12:24 PM

I'd like a choice of in depth and video, sometimes video isn't convenient.  I also think:

1. different levels of tutorials: beginner, medium, and advanced.  

2. Tutorials for each Room.

3. tutorials for each area in the drop-down menu. 

4. Connected tutorials for Blender (for modeling, morphing) and Photoshop/Gimp (for texture maps) and other associated software and plug-ins. 

5. Have these tutes organized more efficiently in the tutorial section here at Renderosity. 

Hope this helps.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

Digitell ( ) posted Sat, 20 April 2024 at 7:51 AM

I also would like tutorials of the cloth room. I would like step by step pdf written instructions. I have a difficult time following with video because I have to pause and play constantly.

Also, some tutorials on creating digital art would be nice also. Different techniques to try would be very nice.

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 20 April 2024 at 10:21 PM

I'd like to see a tutorial on animating materials; especially, changing from one material to the next throughout the frames. I am trying to animate strand based hair going from black to blue on one side and red on the other.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

ssgbryan ( ) posted Wed, 24 April 2024 at 8:16 PM

Tutorials with the Cloth Room would be a good start.

I'd recommend staying away from video only tutorials - they are easier to make, but it is the least effective method on sharing information.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Thu, 25 April 2024 at 12:52 PM

Not being really fluent in English, I tend to avoid video only based tutorials. I'm trying my best to follow some, but it's difficult for me.
Luckily, those found on this website are 100000x better than practically 99.9999% of the video for Blender:

- looks like they are using screens with 1'000'000 pixels horizontally, resulting in a zoomed out view in which very few details can be correctly seen

- and honestly they should look at an adult movie BEFORE recording their vids as most of the time, they're moving 100x too fast.

This is really important: a video tutorial should NEVER be a kind of animated reminder for someone who already knows

PhYl.

Win10 on i7 8700K@4.3Ghz, 64Gb, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 2x 2Tb ssd + 6+4Tb hd  + 1x 8Tb hd + 1 10T NAS, Poser 11, Poser 12  and now Poser 13 

jimros ( ) posted Sat, 27 April 2024 at 5:47 PM

I much prefer pdf format.Agree with Boni`s suggestions.

Also if possible tutorials on converting, importing Daz content as quality content

for Poser is becoming less and less.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.