Mon, Sep 30, 9:42 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 30 7:03 pm)

Subject: Anyone has Ben (P7) Profile for "SkinEdit Python Script for Poser 12"?

midinick ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2024 at 4:27 AM · edited Mon, 30 September 2024 at 9:34 PM

Hi ^^

Does anyone made a profile for Ben 1 (P7)? I know I can create it by myself but I have a little doubt because it said I can destroy the whole script .. and due the lack of native english language, I decidet to ask here before I start making it XD

Btw ... if a script is destroyed (any script) I only need to reinstall the script?... means delete the old files, donwload again and install again? o.O

I was trying "go Physical" on the skin but the outecome was not what I exprected it would look like... I really need to learn the material room ...

I was using Ben advanced materials... it works fine for Firefly but in Superfly it looks hm.... very special XD

Is here a step by step tutprial how to convert SSS materials for working in Superfly? Actually I just disconnect the nodes with sashed lines and mybe disconnect a whole node ... sometimes the image is the only node I have.

maybe someone can have a look into the nodes?

Thank you so so much for your time and help :)

Firefly SSS looks way more real to me

Pd06qN9F4LOzOEZ5r5WbNaUFVGQYxoovmszZ5dBt.jpg

Uv0qyAO9QeEK0XErvkeMtQqMzIJRCwU3I0ZdUN9e.jpg

Superfly, at least it rendered now ... but I like the outcome in FF much more .. (Ghostships Hairshader will not work in FF... so I am looking for this conversion to SF)

IQKR7RzCfZd4f6uuBWyQjJcITMEy3KV7mbsHnDB2.jpg

a0n5bgHqWnBkBvq3Ldef3AXURmlaYefzwAvrGb5u.jpg

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2024 at 7:33 AM

The screencaps you posted show EZSkin shaders which do have some quirks regarding Superfly rendering.  Unfortunately, the node arrangement only supports the PoserSurface node.  You will need to understand how the Material Room and shader nodes work but it is not impossible to show you tips & tricks.

midinick ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2024 at 9:02 AM

does something like SSS exist but only for Superfly? meanwhile I found a equivalent to Gostship Hair Shader for Firefly.. I am glad I found XD so I can use Firefly for Ben.

There are nearly no downloads left due his age... but I like this tiny guy.

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

You can apply SSS for both Firefly and SuperFly, just different node arrangements. 

midinick ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

Is there any texture you can recommend in the freebies or in the market? So I can have a look how SSS for Superfly needs to be knited 😊 

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

I generally build my own.  I’m away from my computer atm.  When I get a chance, I’ll post something. 

midinick ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Oh this would be so kind 😊 Thank you very very much 😊

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 08 May 2024 at 7:28 PM · edited Wed, 08 May 2024 at 7:28 PM

Upon examining the skin texture applied to Ben, I found it overly simplistic, lacking additional maps that enhance detail and definition. EZSkin procedurally incorporates the missing data, resulting in a more refined appearance upon rendering. Consequently, I adjusted the shaders to integrate Subsurface Scattering (SSS) into the final Superfly render. Additionally, I am presenting an image that utilizes PBR shaders, alongside a comparative analysis of the models. The figure on the left employs EZSkin, while the one on the right utilizes PBR.

ylCSXSFY9OLHFp0HieK2QMRDT1Mn8czTOcju19i9.png

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 08 May 2024 at 7:34 PM · edited Wed, 08 May 2024 at 7:34 PM

EZSkin Shaders:

A9OFZWuuABuUUhjWMdWanZIiTcz91WKAkkxR8UMj.png

PBR Shaders:

Mg56yAla3HRX06S35OOBkbGmQU8pp8jCJIxIgkxQ.png

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 08 May 2024 at 7:34 PM

Let me know if you want further elaboration.

midinick ( ) posted Thu, 09 May 2024 at 1:06 PM · edited Thu, 09 May 2024 at 1:06 PM

Thank you very very much :) I will try yours, thank you so so much :) They look very similar.. I am impressed.

Meanwhile I got it trough copy and paste. I copied La Femme shaders and aplied the maps for Ben. I think it is good to work with. They render similar to yours :D

I also aplied 2 options to use V3 Eyes or La Femme Eyes :) .. I think he could be La Femmes son now XD

First I thought I can not copy because seams shined through his whole body.. but I found a PDF in the Freebies where I could read I can switch to "Poser Unimesh" and the seams disappeared. :)

both SSS Shader ( I have no clue why his mouth is blue, but I think it is because of the map)

fhD58cOcIFdbFGO8lYdfUjLAslkDbeXMyZCjofbL.jpg

OnWM5Sk95UhuMtAp7AYNa1algjhXlpKeOeyqX9xl.jpg

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 09 May 2024 at 3:36 PM

The blue tinting occurs when SSS material body parts are too close together. This can be resolved by altering the ScatterGroup value on the PhysicalSurface of the mouth parts or by opting not to use SSS on them. Utilizing skin shaders from other figures can be an effective method for developing a satisfactory texture for those without appropriate shaders. An MT5 material core set could be created and applied to each material zone requiring it.

midinick ( ) posted Thu, 09 May 2024 at 3:55 PM

Hm..  Ben doesn't have any material-zones between lips and face... it is only a face.  Maybe I need to repaint on the texture map directly 🤔 or work with a 2nd layer only for this part of the face. ..... oh wow.... even more to learn 😅 

I think it is because of some light blue veins, similar on the eye lids, they are also a bit blue.

Yes, I made the materials to apply on all figures... I don't think I will work with the other older figures but Ben. 😊 It is really impressive to see how good they can look, even if they are this old. Ben was in Poser 7. 

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 09 May 2024 at 4:53 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

While Ben doesn't have a separate zone for his lips, the inside of his mouth is separate.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

midinick ( ) posted Fri, 10 May 2024 at 6:06 AM

Oh... you mean the inside of his mouth shine trough the outside? So I should try not to use SSS on the inside?

primorge ( ) posted Fri, 10 May 2024 at 4:36 PM · edited Fri, 10 May 2024 at 4:39 PM

On the PhysicalSurface root you'll see a scatter group value at the bottom. Change the mouth interior material scatter group to a different number. So if the Face material has a scatter group as 1 change the mouth interior material to scatter group 2. 

If you are using the EZSkin derived Scatter/Blinn mats from La Femme, you'll see a scatter node amongst the various connected nodes of the set up. Open the scatter node in the mouth interior material and likewise change the scatter group number to a different value than that utilized by the face material. So if the face is scatter group 1, change the mouth interior to group 2.

Note also that Ben figure has a teeth material group, though the relevance is open to testing.

The blue you are seeing is actually a form of occlusion. In theory similar to ambient occlusion. A shading artifact brought about by the proximity of mesh surfaces. I've found that sometimes the scatter groups only serve to lessen the occlusion artifacts, rather that fully eliminate it. I've also noticed that varying lighting conditions lessen or increase the occlusion effect, or at least that's how it seems. In particular with HDR lighting, one image producing much pronounced artifacts as opposed to another producing much less. All else fails you can try raising the scatter scale value also.... in the Poser surface scatter node formula it appears that the artifact begins to be much pronounced at scale values 1.5 and lower.

CTGTgseed0NA1KLZhNUpoN89KToZHC4kkcskVloF.png

CYf3XPRXrsJ7OQ9caY2IXNCl1YqTI85mJdTDXQ2i.png

midinick ( ) posted Mon, 17 June 2024 at 2:27 PM
primorge posted at 4:36 PM Fri, 10 May 2024 - #4484641

On the PhysicalSurface root you'll see a scatter group value at the bottom. Change the mouth interior material scatter group to a different number. So if the Face material has a scatter group as 1 change the mouth interior material to scatter group 2. 

If you are using the EZSkin derived Scatter/Blinn mats from La Femme, you'll see a scatter node amongst the various connected nodes of the set up. Open the scatter node in the mouth interior material and likewise change the scatter group number to a different value than that utilized by the face material. So if the face is scatter group 1, change the mouth interior to group 2.

Note also that Ben figure has a teeth material group, though the relevance is open to testing.

The blue you are seeing is actually a form of occlusion. In theory similar to ambient occlusion. A shading artifact brought about by the proximity of mesh surfaces. I've found that sometimes the scatter groups only serve to lessen the occlusion artifacts, rather that fully eliminate it. I've also noticed that varying lighting conditions lessen or increase the occlusion effect, or at least that's how it seems. In particular with HDR lighting, one image producing much pronounced artifacts as opposed to another producing much less. All else fails you can try raising the scatter scale value also.... in the Poser surface scatter node formula it appears that the artifact begins to be much pronounced at scale values 1.5 and lower.

Thank you very much :) I am sorry I had some projects but now I found the time to have a look at Bens mouth.

You were right, changing the scatter group was the solution. The blue is less blue now. Thank you very much :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.