Sat, Sep 28, 9:16 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: Where do I install the extra Vue files? Ditto for Plant Factory

Anim8dtoon ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2024 at 3:04 PM · edited Sat, 28 September 2024 at 5:15 AM
Forum Moderator

I just downloaded the freeware Vue 2023 program as well as the extra files to my Mac. I'm confused as where to put those extra files; do I put them in the application folder, or in the e-on software folder inside the "Shared" folder?

Also, could any of you experienced Vue/Poser users post a step-by-step on importing Poser figures/scenes into Vue? It's been sooooo long ago since I did that last, and I imagine the procedure has changed since then; I think I was using Vue 4 or 6 Infinite at the time. Thanks for taking the time to explain! 

Boni ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2024 at 3:36 PM

LOL! I came in here to ask the same thing!! I guess we wait.  

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

wheatpenny ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2024 at 4:46 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

I don't know about Mac, but in Windows the Vue content goes into the Vue folder inside the "e-on software" folder in the Documents folder.

For the Plant catalog, just run the installer in each zip and it will put everything in the right place.

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

gillbrooks ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2024 at 4:55 PM

You can put them anywhere you want as long as you point Vue to the folder via Options > Import > Content Folders

I have both my installation and content on my F Drive as my C drive is miniscule. 

I also have some old Vue files on an external hard drive.  These can be accessed via the open dialogue box  - click on the plus sign (arrowed) to point to any new content folders

s0sHUjaD7XJIhUvftWUjSANqr3pEEUC67XiQSxvs.png

Gill

gillbrooks ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2024 at 4:58 PM · edited Tue, 07 May 2024 at 4:58 PM

Pointing Vue to content folders via the Options dialogue

pMSY0E1O7r7sH2TMNk26g3OpUkCKY2MjCUjK5lsg.png

Gill

Anim8dtoon ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2024 at 7:29 PM
Forum Moderator

@Gillbrooks, that is very helpful -- thank you!

yvesab ( ) posted Wed, 08 May 2024 at 3:14 AM

Does anybody know how to get access to the downloadable trees within plant catalog ?

dfUrTjHw7nfNpzuDxoQ1G01PjpP4BHUZEd94T0g4.png

gillbrooks ( ) posted Wed, 08 May 2024 at 5:58 AM
yvesab posted at 3:14 AM Wed, 8 May 2024 - #4484465

Does anybody know how to get access to the downloadable trees within plant catalog ?

dfUrTjHw7nfNpzuDxoQ1G01PjpP4BHUZEd94T0g4.png

Same place as all the other free downloads.  https://www.bentley.com/software/e-on-software-downloads/

Gill

yvesab ( ) posted Wed, 08 May 2024 at 11:20 AM · edited Wed, 08 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

I still have those dreaded "_~~.tpf" encrypted files ...

I just caught an H5N1 influenza, or something even worse. My aging brain is literally melting !

Honestly, I find this end of Vue, as a user since version 3, just sad. The subscription scheme seems a major culprit, from my point of view.

mouser ( ) posted Wed, 08 May 2024 at 7:25 PM

I stopped using Vue (v10) once they moved to subscription myself, I would have payed for updated/ improved versions but they had to get greedy.

Here's hoping the v2024 free version does not stagnate as the software has its uses.

Daniel1705 ( ) posted Thu, 09 May 2024 at 4:17 AM · edited Thu, 09 May 2024 at 4:21 AM

So you stopped with VUE 15 years ago, which was 8 years before the subscription model was introduced. But yet, you feel entitled to imply that the software stagnated throught the 13 versions which were released since then. Of course, not having looked at the tools during all that time, you're the perfect one to judge.

And oh boy, we were all so greedy. I prefer perpetual too, but subscription does not automatically equal greed. VUE xStream and PlantFactory Producer as the highest version cost 4000$ as perpetual licenses if you got both. The non-commercial subscription versions for private use with the full xStream and Producer feature set were priced at 200$ for a bundle of BOTH, which is 5% of the original perpetual price and 8$ per month for each product. But, oh we were so greedy.

And then PlantCatalog, with 250$ for more than 250 species in up to three different versions per species. That's less than 1$ per species which you could export and keep forever. And if you count the procedural shape presets built into each plant, with sometimes more than 200 preset shapes per species, that's  0,005$ per model. But oh, we were so greedy.

And to top it all off, we gave everything we created away for free now in our endless greed, because we never cared about the community and our users at all.

I hope you have fun with the free versions, and may you think about our endless greed whenever you use the products that we poured our heart and soul into and for which you had to pay the crazy amount of 0.0$ to now use them forever.

Renderholic ( ) posted Fri, 14 June 2024 at 11:45 AM

I've used Vue in the past, but never Plant Factory so I'm a complete newbie. I've downloaded all the extra PF stuff, but I want to be sure that i install it correctly. When I click the installer for one of the extras it wants to install it on the C drive with the PF program. Is that correct? I have my Vue content on my D drive. Can someone walk me through this, please?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.