Mon, Sep 30, 7:21 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / New Poser Users Help

Welcome to the New Poser Users Help Forum

Forum Moderators: Anim8dtoon, RedPhantom, Staff

New Poser Users Help F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 30 9:27 am)

New to Poser? Ask questions here for expert help!

Subject: moving cameras a mystery

drawn ( ) posted Wed, 08 May 2024 at 3:31 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 7:57 PM

ok I have my scene and am learning to move cameras around, however a few issues (what a Surprise!) with set  apparently changing.

kY9OtHj0hiv9Z130HaTXNBbBWy0Tzq13imUrZzQc.png

then I try to rotate the camera to get a view from the actors at the audience and this happens...

AjNh9kvUF9Iv9jbFVGjWD6LgqNsDe2SG1rwQX133.png

which is wrong and why so difficult to rotate the camera from behind actors over their shoulders to the audience? I struggling with controls and camera seems to resist...and reading user manual has not helped.

drawn

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 08 May 2024 at 5:34 PM

Poser offers a variety of cameras, with the Dolly Camera being a top choice. However, mastering camera manipulation requires practice, particularly if you're not accustomed to the various controls. The optimal method for setting a camera's orientation involves using a split-screen preview. This allows you to move and position one camera on one screen while the second screen displays the view from another camera. The key is ensuring the second camera is visible on the positioning screen.

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 08 May 2024 at 5:48 PM · edited Wed, 08 May 2024 at 5:48 PM

In the following example, a two-sided preview window is used; the left side displays the Main Camera, and the right side shows the Dolly Camera. By selecting the Main Camera's preview window and choosing the Dolly Camera in the Parameters/Properties Panel, the position of the Dolly Camera can be adjusted to observe its perspective in the second preview.  To view the Dolly Camera clearly in the Main Camera, it must be set to Visible.ryNVfVECxon9IYE7t2s2GhsvQ0e4zESNaxdt7g4P.png

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 08 May 2024 at 6:58 PM
Site Admin

I agree that using multiple views is beneficial for setting up a camera. In case you don't know how to do that, go to Display> Camera layout> two view ports (or 3 or 4 if you want)

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.