Mon, Sep 30, 7:32 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: Vue and Daz3D

Renderholic ( ) posted Sun, 12 May 2024 at 1:03 PM · edited Sun, 29 September 2024 at 8:06 PM

Very pleased to hear that VUE is now free. I had looked into installing my old VUE 2016 Complete in my new computer, but was not willing to pay another $200 for something I had already purchased.

Since I last used VUE I have switched from Poser to Daz. I've seen a lot of questions here regarding Poser imports. What about Daz? Can I open Daz3D files in the new VUE? I also have a lot of Poser models that I used in Daz, but no longer have Poser installed. Will I be able to use those?

martial ( ) posted Sun, 12 May 2024 at 2:50 PM

From DAZ Studio . export  as .dai or .obj format  and import to VUE   I did it many times  If you save after in Vue format object .vob  you can delete the dai or obj files

gillbrooks ( ) posted Sun, 12 May 2024 at 3:00 PM

They removed the "legacy activation" charge some time ago.  You should not have to pay for that now

Gill

Renderholic ( ) posted Sun, 12 May 2024 at 7:18 PM

I see that the 2024 version is a beta and the 2023 is more stable. Curious to see which version most of you are doing with. Are the remaining bugs in 2024 bad enough to avoid it?

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sun, 12 May 2024 at 9:06 PM
Site Admin

I've never done much with vue and have just been dabbling now so I can't say I've put it through it's paces but I haven't seen any errors with 2024 yet. I downloaded but version in case there was a major issue with 2024

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

DocPhoton ( ) posted Mon, 13 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

Hey all,

I'll be frequenting this forum a lot more now that Vue and Plant Factory have both been released to the wild. I had Vue decades ago, but as it got more expensive & needed a much more robust system than I could afford then, we had to part ways.

But now... Wow is an understatement.

A lot will come back as I get re-familiarized. But the speed is such that I can actually do something with it now, & that really opens up everything.

And of course having current hardware is really the key.

I d/'ed & installed all the add'l for both today from https://www.bentley.com (a measly 36.9 Gb,; nice to finally have decent access speeds too), so content certainly isn't an issue.  But I work in Lightwave, and that's still one of their supported formats amazingly.

Consider me a geriatric kid in a candy store, ya know.  ;)

For those that are unfamiliar, Lightwave is sort of the red-headed stepchild / Phoenix of 3D software these days.  But it works for me or rather, I can get it to do what I want in most cases.

Questions to come certainly after reviewing a few tutorials.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.