Sat, Sep 28, 9:17 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 27 11:50 pm)

Subject: Are there any breed-specific morphs for the HiveWire Big Dog/Puppy?

Anim8dtoon ( ) posted Fri, 17 May 2024 at 8:42 PM · edited Sat, 28 September 2024 at 7:14 AM
Forum Moderator

Hi fellow Poser peeps, I'm wanting to apply breed morphs to the HW Big Dog/Puppy, specifically a pit bull morph. Do any of you know where I can find such morphs for sale or free? Thanks in advance! 

RFreise ( ) posted Fri, 17 May 2024 at 9:24 PM

Some here

https://www.philosophersegg.com/shop/index.php?rt=product/category&path=75_82

Anim8dtoon ( ) posted Fri, 17 May 2024 at 11:16 PM
Forum Moderator
RFreise posted at 9:24 PM Fri, 17 May 2024 - #4484924

Some here

https://www.philosophersegg.com/shop/index.php?rt=product/category&path=75_82

Ahhh, thank you! I remember coming across that site and bookmarking it, then forgetting about it. Those breed morphs look fantastic. None for pitbulls though :( I have two of them, both rescues.

GGreen ( ) posted Sat, 18 May 2024 at 7:27 AM

I know you asked about the Hivewire Big Dog/Puppy but Daz has a pitbull - https://www.daz3d.com/bully-for-daz-dog-8

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 18 May 2024 at 8:45 AM

But it requires the DAZ Dog 8 base model, which is a whopping $25 USD hit in the pocketbook.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Sat, 18 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

Plus which, the DAZ Dog 8, as far as I know, not native Poser compatible unless converted?

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 18 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

Yep, you're right Rhia.  No Poser Companion File, and if the OP is using P12 or P13, no DSON Importer.

GGreen ( ) posted Sat, 18 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

@hborre - yes it is expensive, but it is not expensive when it is on sale.

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 18 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

Still, if you do not have a way to create a Poser CF to convert files or a functioning DSON Importer installed into Poser 11, the last working version to run DSON Importer, it is a waste of money.  Sure, use DS and not bother jumping through hoops trying to get it working in Poser, but that is not the original intent of this thread.

Anim8dtoon ( ) posted Sun, 19 May 2024 at 7:17 AM
Forum Moderator
hborre posted at 10:43 AM Sat, 18 May 2024 - #4484951

Yep, you're right Rhia.  No Poser Companion File, and if the OP is using P12 or P13, no DSON Importer.

I do have DSON Importer as I'm using Poser 11 Pro, but I'm not sure I want to mess around with trying to make it work. I'll just have to wait for HiveWire to release a new version of its animals, which could be a while. 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.