Mon, Sep 30, 5:14 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 13

Welcome to the Poser 13 Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd, RedPhantom

(Last Updated: 2024 Sep 30 4:45 pm)

Subject: HELP lease! Render problem

ajmarti ( ) posted Mon, 20 May 2024 at 4:05 PM · edited Mon, 30 September 2024 at 5:13 PM

Hi guys!

I've been having some problems with some of my renders on Poser 13. They seem to be missing a complete line horizontally

Is there a way I can fix this or avoid it? I'm sing a Mac with Sonoma 14.4.1  and plenty of RAM, never had this problem with older versions

Thanks in advanced!0nZl8bvKxffpWAdpZYwlcCkSwXFOd1DZQ6X91Flr.png

Artist @ajmarti.com

DeeceyArt ( ) posted Mon, 20 May 2024 at 5:01 PM
It's a shot in the dark, but do you have current drivers for your graphics card?

ajmarti ( ) posted Mon, 20 May 2024 at 5:36 PM

Oh... I have no idea!>... Not an expert on tech things! But it's a AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB- 3.8 Ghz 8-Core Intel Core

Artist @ajmarti.com

EVargas ( ) posted Mon, 20 May 2024 at 9:37 PM

Another thing you could investigate if it's in your scene: the floor plane in one of the example scenes, "ground", is "shadow catcher" by default.

Sometimes it happens to me when I leave that on and turn the camera. If you position your camera below pointing upwards you will not see the elements above it.
In your case (but probably this is not your issue), I would imagine your camera being almost horizontal.

EVargas.Art

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 20 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

The Ground plane is not that thick on a horizontal angle.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Tue, 21 May 2024 at 7:27 AM
Site Admin

is this happening with different scenes or just the one scene?

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

ajmarti ( ) posted Tue, 21 May 2024 at 8:10 AM
RedPhantom posted at 7:27 AM Tue, 21 May 2024 - #4485087

is this happening with different scenes or just the one scene?

Randomly. After a few renders starts doing that on different parts of my final render. If I render again maybe does not happens. Or I have restart Poser 13 but again it repeats after a few renders

Artist @ajmarti.com

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 21 May 2024 at 8:56 AM

GPU or CPU?  Superfly or Firefly?

ajmarti ( ) posted Tue, 21 May 2024 at 1:53 PM

hborre posted at 8:56 AM Tue, 21 May 2024 - #4485094

GPU or CPU?  Superfly or Firefly?

hi! Ok...  Firefly. I think Superbly takes too much time. On the other hand check this image attached. It says CPU. Is that correct? Should I try Superly?  Most of my Poser content is old. V4 & M4. Im working on my graphic novel and all my characters are already design with old models.R1OMPp08ViFtfn7gM4U1atsphbHUeH7x5HNZglJS.png

Artist @ajmarti.com

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 21 May 2024 at 4:12 PM

Use the Firefly rendering engine.  It uses your CPU for rendering.  Time is not on your side to go back and optimize material shaders for Superfly, especially for a graphic novel.

ajmarti ( ) posted Tue, 21 May 2024 at 4:22 PM

Yes. I'm stuck with Firefly. for now.... How do I do that? Is there any tutorial available por optimizing for Superfly? I'm almost abandon Poser for Daz but I love Poser! :( I just miss getting the good old content! Thanks you so much!

Artist @ajmarti.com

Rhia474 ( ) posted Tue, 21 May 2024 at 4:57 PM
Online Now!

Someone on a Mac should be able to advise you on how to update your graphics driver for your AMD Radeon. I'm on a PC so can't help there, but you probably have to do that because streaking like that may be a sign of outdated drivers.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Tue, 21 May 2024 at 5:02 PM
Online Now!

As to Superfly tutorials.   The Poser manual has some basics on Superfly you may want ro check out.

Also, this site covers some:

https://www.posersoftware.com/poser-tutorials

Please bear in mind that there are significant differences between Suoerfly iterations of Poser 11 and Poser 13 so make sure you use the P13 tutorials.

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 21 May 2024 at 5:09 PM
There are several forum threads dealing with optimizing material shaders for Superfly rendering.  Although some of the older content with simplified node arrangements might render well in Superfly, there are significant changes that need to be made to truly create physically based rendering (PBR).  In essence, you get rid of all the hacks that were invented in earlier versions of Poser and render images with realistic responses to its 3D environment.  There are some tutorials available, but I would need to do a deep dive to find some good ones.  If you proceed as far as using Cycles in Poser, then there are many Blender YouTube tutorials available that can give you an introduction.

ajmarti ( ) posted Tue, 21 May 2024 at 5:16 PM
Rhia474 posted at 4:57 PM Tue, 21 May 2024 - #4485125

Someone on a Mac should be able to advise you on how to update your graphics driver for your AMD Radeon. I'm on a PC so can't help there, but you probably have to do that because streaking like that may be a sign of outdated drivers.

Ohh!.... Ok.. thank you so much!!

Artist @ajmarti.com

ajmarti ( ) posted Tue, 21 May 2024 at 5:16 PM
hborre posted at 5:09 PM Tue, 21 May 2024 - #4485127
There are several forum threads dealing with optimizing material shaders for Superfly rendering.  Although some of the older content with simplified node arrangements might render well in Superfly, there are significant changes that need to be made to truly create physically based rendering (PBR).  In essence, you get rid of all the hacks that were invented in earlier versions of Poser and render images with realistic responses to its 3D environment.  There are some tutorials available, but I would need to do a deep dive to find some good ones.  If you proceed as far as using Cycles in Poser, then there are many Blender YouTube tutorials available that can give you an introduction.
I really appreciate your help! Thanks!

Artist @ajmarti.com

Y-Phil ( ) posted Wed, 22 May 2024 at 4:22 PM · edited Wed, 22 May 2024 at 4:23 PM
Online Now!

For example, Caisson has a complete thread only on PrincipledBSDF. Using Poser13, you will find new options and possibilities added to the node, but reading this thread, you'll get a huge idea of what's possible:

https://www.renderosity.com/forums/threads/2954649/principled-bsdf-some-examples

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
👿 Mac Mini M2, Sonoma 14.6.1, 16GB, 500GB SSD
👿 Nas 10TB
👿 Poser 13 and soon 14 ❤️

ajmarti ( ) posted Wed, 22 May 2024 at 4:56 PM
Y-Phil posted at 4:22 PM Wed, 22 May 2024 - #4485158

For example, Caisson has a complete thread only on PrincipledBSDF. Using Poser13, you will find new options and possibilities added to the node, but reading this thread, you'll get a huge idea of what's possible:

https://www.renderosity.com/forums/threads/2954649/principled-bsdf-some-examples

Excellent!!!! Thank you so much! I really appreciate it! 

Artist @ajmarti.com

Y-Phil ( ) posted Thu, 23 May 2024 at 5:08 AM
Online Now!

ajmarti posted at 4:56 PM Wed, 22 May 2024 - #4485159

Excellent!!!! Thank you so much! I really appreciate it! 
You're welcome kyRG6tciyxnoI0hBAlFkKhkYO8LVg5zdkP27bZRG.png

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
👿 Mac Mini M2, Sonoma 14.6.1, 16GB, 500GB SSD
👿 Nas 10TB
👿 Poser 13 and soon 14 ❤️

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.