Mon, Jul 1, 2:35 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 30 8:17 pm)

Subject: Just out of curiousity...

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2024 at 9:38 PM · edited Sun, 30 June 2024 at 11:45 PM

Does anyone have, or know where to find screenshots or renders done with the first Poser? And was it called Poser?

Curious minds want to know.

Thank you!!!

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

RFreise ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2024 at 10:02 PM

Don't know about any screenshots or renders, but yes it was called Poser and it was by Curious Labs.

Up until 2012 when my apartment was destroyed by a fire I still had all the poser versions. My Poser 1.0 had two stickers on it one said ver 1.0 and the other said beta 1.1 on it

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2024 at 6:13 AM

My boss had a program that he was messing with that was kind of like Poser. I don’t know what it was called. But this was in 2003 or so. I’m curious to see what everything looked like before 

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

Wolfenshire ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2024 at 6:55 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

https://www.posersoftware.com/article/484/poser-through-the-years

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poser_(software)

Also, if you use the search bar at the top of the page, set to galleries, and search 2001, 2002, and 2003. You'll find some of the earliest gallery posts.

Wolfenshire, Moderator/Community Leader

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2024 at 9:41 AM

Thank you!!!!

RFreise ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2024 at 1:04 PM

I made a mistake about who brought it out first I bought it when it first came out back in 95

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2024 at 1:23 PM

I was 15 years later, with Poser 8 in 2010...

Rhia474 ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2024 at 3:56 PM

2007 with Poser 7 here...

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2024 at 5:23 PM

I started with Poser 4 Pro Pack.  I believe the original was by Fractal Design.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2024 at 5:55 PM
Site Admin

2005 here with Poser 6

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

RFreise ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2024 at 6:37 PM
SamTherapy posted at 5:23 PM Wed, 26 June 2024 - #4486766

I started with Poser 4 Pro Pack.  I believe the original was by Fractal Design.

Correct

noxiart ( ) posted Thu, 27 June 2024 at 12:57 AM · edited Thu, 27 June 2024 at 1:04 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

The Poser 1 figures are/were part of the separately downloadable legacy content.

They can be found in the Poser 2 Lo folder and for the most part still work in Poser 11.

aMLxBgS8wK7NseKJjK9bt2DE8EZuL5gxvsApeKcr.jpg

Neither clothing nor hair was provided. Also the hands were not rigged, so different hand gestures were realized by geometry switching instead.

(You have to dial through a variety of differently sculpted hands)

Also expression morphs were still something Poser users had to wait for a couple of years until Poser 3 I think.

But the Poser 2 figures were already a massive improvement over them, as nudity was now "optional", even though they still couldn't talk and properly rigged hands were still not on the table:

7jc0wjtkj2Pjm74njbjbwOHsvfme6neBtREilvxJ.jpg

Here is a review of Poser 1.0:

https://www.wap.org/journal/poser/poser.html

And this is how the packaging looked like:

http://poserhistory.blogspot.com/2014/07/1995-fractal-design-poser-1.html

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Thu, 27 June 2024 at 3:22 AM

I vaguely remember getting a free poser 1 with a magazine. Didn't keep it, thugh, after finding you could spin a figure at the waist through any number of turns.

Next encountered it with Poser 4 (still have the manual), but didn't use it much till Poser 6. My old G5 Mac (2005) has Poser 7 installed and everything still works, so if ever we lose poser 11(dial home) support I'll still have that to fall back on.

-renapd- ( ) posted Thu, 27 June 2024 at 5:28 AM · edited Thu, 27 June 2024 at 5:36 AM
Site Admin

Poser 1-2-3-4 were owned by MetaCreations, Poser 5-6-7 were Curious-Labs , 8-9-10 till Pro e-frontier, then SmithMicro and finally P11-up to current P13 Bondware. :)

Myself was in Poser since version 2 up to Poser Pro 2014 very actively. the last version I own is P12.

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]
"Collect moments, not things."

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 27 June 2024 at 10:32 PM

noxiart posted at 12:57 AM Thu, 27 June 2024 - #4486774

The Poser 1 figures are/were part of the separately downloadable legacy content.

They can be found in the Poser 2 Lo folder and for the most part still work in Poser 11.

aMLxBgS8wK7NseKJjK9bt2DE8EZuL5gxvsApeKcr.jpg

Neither clothing nor hair was provided. Also the hands were not rigged, so different hand gestures were realized by geometry switching instead.

(You have to dial through a variety of differently sculpted hands)

Also expression morphs were still something Poser users had to wait for a couple of years until Poser 3 I think.

But the Poser 2 figures were already a massive improvement over them, as nudity was now "optional", even though they still couldn't talk and properly rigged hands were still not on the table:

7jc0wjtkj2Pjm74njbjbwOHsvfme6neBtREilvxJ.jpg

Here is a review of Poser 1.0:

https://www.wap.org/journal/poser/poser.html

And this is how the packaging looked like:

http://poserhistory.blogspot.com/2014/07/1995-fractal-design-poser-1.html

Wow, so different back then. The program my boss had was really different than what you have here, so I am not sure if it was because he operated solely from wire frame and didn't render, or what.

Thank you so much for posting these.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Sat, 29 June 2024 at 10:48 AM · edited Sat, 29 June 2024 at 10:48 AM

The first pic created with Poser I ever saw was this 

P5PgLYSPJcNr4ACIV9xOr0f76KnLRrBLF5cdHaIS.jpg

xF06rUJMETjXy4liuFzGh7NGC6YQeknmDKP5fMnt.png

PhYl.

Win10 on i7 8700K@4.3Ghz, 64Gb, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 2x 2Tb ssd + 6+4Tb hd  + 1x 8Tb hd + 1 10T NAS, Poser 11, Poser 12  and now Poser 13 

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 29 June 2024 at 11:09 AM

Nice. Of course the box for Poser 8 was the first one I ever saw.

To be honest, I didn't buy the program the first time I saw it. I was curious, obviously, but I put it down. I contemplated it a few times. The price was $80 for it, and I remember thinking that if it didn't deliver on what the box promised, I'd be out $80 and sitting with a useless program.

I went back a couple days later and bought it. After looking online at what it could do, and seeing how much less it costs at a Navy Exchange in Bahrain, I went ahead and took the plunge. Now 14 years later I don't regret it one bit.

infinity10 ( ) posted Sun, 30 June 2024 at 9:19 AM

I started with Poser Artist.  By that time, Poser 5 was already out.

Eternal Hobbyist

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.