Mon, Sep 30, 7:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / New Poser Users Help

Welcome to the New Poser Users Help Forum

Forum Moderators: Anim8dtoon, RedPhantom, Staff

New Poser Users Help F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 9:00 am)

New to Poser? Ask questions here for expert help!

Subject: no render scene, why?

drawn ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2024 at 11:23 AM · edited Mon, 30 September 2024 at 5:22 AM

I have a big scene. I want to render it at hi Rez, and show settings and dimensions but the result is:

BYujthWIq371aLam5fT3uVWG4dihQvGNIJtoQO5s.png

b3CLK8iT9TEZ69o4BKiBBMbViVSyr7Um2N24PWk9.png

QNdZZBiHJkkYQBHChViRCd4Ypm1nhXTjda5A3VYb.png

RedPhantom ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2024 at 1:54 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

I would recommend rendering at a small size until you have it finished.

Were there any error messages?

It might be the scene is too involved for Poser.

Which set is that?

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

ThunderStone ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2024 at 2:06 PM

Could be the camera view is blocked by a prop wall? 

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

drawn ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2024 at 2:46 PM

the set is AuburbanNEighborhood. it's large, with houses, roads, stuff, plus now my actors. there is no large wall blocking the view so perhaps Render just throws up its arms and says 'too much'. Ive locked most of the figures. is there anyway to simplify the pic without deleting anything? I'd cut it in half if I knew how to cut the other side of the street off... I need a high Rez, I think, for reproduction in a graphic novel? I'll try a loser Rez.

drawn

RedPhantom ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2024 at 3:19 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

https://www.renderosity.com/marketplace/products/103140/suburban-living this? If so, It looks like you can load the individual houses and other items. You could just load the portions that are in visible. It might help reduce if there's any strain on your machine

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2024 at 3:36 PM

The only obstruction in the scene might be the construct if it is still visible.  The scene could be using up memory.  However, we don't know if material shaders have been simplified on figures and objects in the distance to reduce the file size overhead.  Too many lights can impact render time, as well as transparency maps for the hair and tree.  The best advice is to render the scene in layers, background, midground, and foreground.  This involves making all objects and figures invisible except the background and render the image once.  Next, make the background invisible and make the middle scene objects/figures visible.  Don't change any settings and render.  Finally, make the middle objects/figures invisible and the foreground objects/figures visible.  Again, render.  After each rendering, you want to save the scene with a transparent background, except the background image as PNG.   Open each image in an image editor and compose your scene with the 3 images.

Large scenes need to be handled differently than a straight still image render.  Background figures and props need to be low-resolution models to converse on the memory overhead.  And textures may need to be modified as well to reduce the file size.

drawn ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2024 at 7:37 PM

Wow hb, I’ll give it a shot!

drawb

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.