Mon, Sep 30, 5:19 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / New Poser Users Help

Welcome to the New Poser Users Help Forum

Forum Moderators: Anim8dtoon, RedPhantom, Staff

New Poser Users Help F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 9:00 am)

New to Poser? Ask questions here for expert help!

Subject: how usr character kit?

drawn ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2024 at 3:55 PM · edited Sat, 28 September 2024 at 7:18 PM

I trying out character kit

GNyImKm59cLoWdpUgCdImWL6cqzdCchkUHtj9sNI.png

and then loaded l'homme to see if this thing changed him..it did not. how use this?

geFYiHRTZ08XFBn3O4wYeL7IWELrOM6CYt72MUXf.png

oh, I tried conforming him, but no results, so?

drawn

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2024 at 6:10 PM
You are not being specific.  If it is a character pack for L'Homme, it should be applied to that figure.  I don't understand why you are screen-capping a body suit.  You can't reverse copy morphs from clothing to tigure.

drawn ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2024 at 6:43 PM

I thought i made it clear hb. I'm a total newby hrtr. Nobody explains what stuff is for. I didn't know  i surmised this was a gadget to shape lhomme by shaping it first. Now you say it's a body suit. What does that mean?  What does a user use it for?

Rhia474 ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2024 at 6:52 PM

We don't know what it means because we don't know what you're doing. It would help if you showed us a screenshot of what it actually is, please. In your Library. or a shot of the product where you bought it if it is from the marketplace. And how are you using it. Are you loading it and trying to conform? Are you applying it to L'Homme? We need what is called a workflow ie. the steps you take with whatever it is.

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2024 at 8:03 PM

I searched my runtime and found this product for L'Homme.  It is an MR Character Kit, but it is not correctly used in this case.   The body suit in the first screencap is a developer rig for clothing.  It does not apply to the L'Homme figure.  If you want to use those morphs on L'Homme, you will find those under the Pose category.  Like any other character morph, you select the figure first and double-click the morph to apply it.  

It pays to read the readme documentation that comes with the content.

drawn ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2024 at 7:14 AM

Dear rhia and hb,There was no info that told me as much as you have now done. Sorry if I seem to constantly work down to the level you think of me…

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2024 at 10:23 AM
Site Admin

This is from the LHomme Character Kit ReadMe.txt that came with the character kit:

"--------------------------------------------------------
Installation & Usage Instructions:
--------------------------------------------------------

To use the Body Kit Morphs:

Add L'Homme to your scene.
Navigate to the Pose > L'Homme > L'Homme Character Kit folder
With L'Homme selected in the scene, double-click or the Body and or/Head Morphs icons in the library.

NOTE: You will see the head morphs added to the BODY actor, but you can adjust them in either the BODY or the head."

We don't mind helping new users. But please remember we aren't mind readers. The more information on what you're doing - including both explanations and images - the more we can help.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Rhia474 ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2024 at 10:26 AM

I again strongly suggest to download and study the Poser manual so you are familiar with the basic concepts of Figure, Pose, Material, Prop, and how to use runtimes and install content.

DeeceyArt ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2024 at 1:51 PM

Yes, first learn to understand the various content categories in the library and how they are used.  Several of your posts have indicated that you still don't understand basic Poser concepts. Learning this first will resolve a lot of your confusion.

drawn ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2024 at 3:32 PM

hi DC, yep, you hit it.  I thot I would learn while working on it. Same prob with learning to understand my hybrid car!

draWN

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2024 at 6:38 PM · edited Sun, 14 July 2024 at 6:38 PM
Site Admin

In the library, there are different categories.

The first is Figures. This is primarily for people, animals, and conforming clothing or hair. Sometimes you might also see other items with moving parts, like cars that have doors that open.
You can tell you are using the figure tab because the person with the T pose is lit up (see 1 in the picture) You can also look at the thumbnail of the item you want to use. It will also have a Person in a T pose in the corner. (See number 2 in the picture). These files will have the extension of cr2 as shown at number 3 in the picture.

The second tab is the Pose tab. It looks like a running man. This running man is also on the thumbnails of each file. This category is for poses, morphs, and sometimes mat files. Poses are for positioning your figure, like making him run. Morphs change the shape of your figure such as making him muscular. Mat poses are hacked material files. They change the texture and color of the figure. These pz2 files

The third tab is the Expressions. It looks like a smiley face. This has expressions for your figure. It may also have face morphs. The smiley face is also in the thumbnails. These are fc2 files.

Next is hair. This looks like a head with a bad toupee. This is prop-based or strand-based hair that needs to be parented to the figure. It may include facial hair or body hair. Again you can find the same icon on the thumbnail

Next is Hands and it looks like a pair of hands. This is for hand-only poses. These poses only move the hands and can be used on either the right or left hands. Poser will ask which hand you want to apply it to. The extension is hd2.

Next is what looks like a hat. This is for props without moving parts and dynamic clothing that you need to use the cloth room for. The extension is pp2.

The light tab is next and looks like a light bulb. Like the others, the thumbnails have a matching bulb on them. This is for lights and the extension is lt2.

Camera looks like a camera on a tripod. This will load a position for one of the cameras. Poser will switch to that camera if the camera data is for something other than the camera you’ve been using. The extension is cm2.

Materials look like a paint pallet and a paintbrush. This will load textures for the selected material zone or for the whole item. You’ll need to look closely at the pallet on the thumbnail If it is a single pallet, it will only load for the selected material zone. If it is a stack of pallets, then it will load for the whole item. Single materials are mt5 and multiple materials are mc6

Finally, the clapboard is for scenes. This is an entire scene that you can load to work on or import into your current scene.

You can also change the size of your library thumbnails and what information it shows with the three dots at the bottom

Display shows what to display and the other tabs have settings for each part

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.