Mon, Sep 30, 7:17 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / New Poser Users Help

Welcome to the New Poser Users Help Forum

Forum Moderators: Anim8dtoon, RedPhantom, Staff

New Poser Users Help F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 9:00 am)

New to Poser? Ask questions here for expert help!

Subject: How to change skin color

khephnes1 ( ) posted Wed, 17 July 2024 at 3:22 PM · edited Mon, 30 September 2024 at 7:12 AM

How do you change skin color

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 17 July 2024 at 6:32 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

you would need to load another material for the figure.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 17 July 2024 at 6:51 PM

The question is quite general and can have multiple answers, depending on the render engine being used and the arrangement of material room shader nodes. RedPhantom suggested using a different skin texture for the figure. However, it's important to know which figure you are using and what content you have. To provide the best help, we need more information about your intentions and your experience with Poser.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Thu, 18 July 2024 at 6:17 AM · edited Thu, 18 July 2024 at 6:17 AM

And without editing, you may play with what's in the material room:

C2rw5PPG8Cf3G8SH8HR9mbRHSbV501UliErdEjte.png

If you're using the PoserSurface node: change the white (example above using the Alternate diffuse of an EZSkin setting)
If you're using Cycles: add a Cycles > Color > Mix node and play with the fac, while setting the blend type to mix. Other blend types may have fun effects as well.
Same with the PhysicalSurface node:

seZsZgOcYA9p72zo5nb1SME1EdwfrNLJPYW5Tc3F.png

And using Richard60's Color ramp, you may have even more fun... CDcfg3jgB9igCDZMxhZZAlfhKmjjKvp3fkYzr1KA.gif

wpBbvxlrMjrjYPjfdyrtOh93XBFFgg8srEqWZcR2.png

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
👿 Mac Mini M2, Sonoma 14.6.1, 16GB, 500GB SSD
👿 Nas 10TB
👿 Poser 13 and soon 14 ❤️

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 18 July 2024 at 9:46 AM

Nice presentation, Y-Phil, but this individual's skill set is questionable due to his recent sign into Renderosity.  He might be a newbie or a spammer.

khephnes1 ( ) posted Thu, 18 July 2024 at 3:54 PM

THANK YOU Every ONE!

You are all very kind to take so much time to help me.  I did not realize how much time you have to put into poser.   A couple of  days Ago I spent 3 hours trying to do simple things.   I gave up, and got Daz 3d studio after one hour I can a add a figure clothes and background and pose.   Again thank you all so much!

I hope I am not offending anyone

Nick

Rhia474 ( ) posted Thu, 18 July 2024 at 4:43 PM

That's weird, but ok. Not sure why it took you that long; I guess it depends on what you're trying to do.

kbdm257 ( ) posted Wed, 04 September 2024 at 12:34 PM

adRih7k3mLoHfrppvnA0HYRAbWXKu4RvKPMX7YEU.png

This is the technique I use. Hopefully I explained it the image above. I find that Physical Surface works better for me. I'm using Poser 13. Adjust the render settings for the best results. Render Settings are below.

USha2Qnp3xeYY0zYUxDNx0YV9rl14eqq0WzEXOCx.png

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.