Wed, Sep 18, 2:45 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 13

Welcome to the Poser 13 Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd, RedPhantom

(Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 10:22 am)

Subject: List file and collect scene inventory not showing model/geometry locations

Uncanny_Film ( ) posted Fri, 26 July 2024 at 9:05 AM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 2:38 PM

Hi,

Are you the list files and collect seen inventory. Using posers built-in Scripts.

But as you can see in the screenshot. It's not showing me the model's location. I have like seven props/Model in the scene. But it's not showing up in the list at all under geometry. 

IhGmCkhWAaIXnbC9Z9RyLHvV397KvjKsNHgVWcsm.png

Win10 - AMD 2nd Gen Ryzen Threadripper 2950X, 16-Core, 32 Thread 4.4 GHz - 128GB Ram - X2 GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 3D-connexion  

Poser 12 | Octane Render |  Real-Flow | 3DCoat | Speed Tree | Adobe Premiere  |  Adobe After Effects |  Adobe Audition |  Adobe Photoshop

RedPhantom ( ) posted Fri, 26 July 2024 at 10:59 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

Some props don't have obj files associated with them. The geometry is embedded in the prop file. It's likely that's the case. If you open the pp2 file in a txt editor and you see something like this the geometry is embedded.

If you need the obj, you'll need to export it from a scene or use a geometry stripper to extract the geometry.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Uncanny_Film ( ) posted Fri, 26 July 2024 at 12:57 PM
RedPhantom posted at 10:59 AM Fri, 26 July 2024 - #4487762

Some props don't have obj files associated with them. The geometry is embedded in the prop file. It's likely that's the case. If you open the pp2 file in a txt editor and you see something like this the geometry is embedded.

4EnUCsrMgEYbMppIEl91BN10xL7ZktvioJhlhP99.png

If you need the obj, you'll need to export it from a scene or use a geometry stripper to extract the geometry.

Thanks for the reply. But all the props are imported obj files. 

Win10 - AMD 2nd Gen Ryzen Threadripper 2950X, 16-Core, 32 Thread 4.4 GHz - 128GB Ram - X2 GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 3D-connexion  

Poser 12 | Octane Render |  Real-Flow | 3DCoat | Speed Tree | Adobe Premiere  |  Adobe After Effects |  Adobe Audition |  Adobe Photoshop

RedPhantom ( ) posted Fri, 26 July 2024 at 1:55 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

Because they were imported vs loaded from a prop, it's treating them like embedded geometry

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.