Sat, Sep 28, 4:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / La Femme 2

Welcome to the La Femme 2 Forum

Forum Moderators: Kalypso, JacquelineJ

(Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 3:58 am)

Subject: saving completed figure after fitting?

drawn ( ) posted Wed, 31 July 2024 at 9:16 AM · edited Sat, 28 September 2024 at 4:23 PM

just fitted nighty to mom and  remember some advisor saying save afterward so as to be able to move and reuse... how do I do that?

drawn

RC6f5m07HUgclogay96iUZAKQKOlOIo2Rl10t2TO.png

drawn ( ) posted Wed, 31 July 2024 at 9:56 AM

well, I tried and need more help. now when I press fit the garment expands beyond the mom figure. what do now?

EVhBed829l6So9wfdkdMDLITYgmt1lanMpEEDfUK.png

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 31 July 2024 at 11:28 AM
Online Now!

We need more information about what you are attempting to do.  Is "Mommy" an LF2 figure?  I see that the nighty is for LF2.

drawn ( ) posted Wed, 31 July 2024 at 11:33 AM

yes, she is an LF2, what other info so you need? The same lady fit nearly into another lf2 t shirt just moments before.

DeeceyArt ( ) posted Wed, 31 July 2024 at 11:42 AM

That figure looks like LF1, not LF2

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 31 July 2024 at 1:06 PM
Online Now!

At this point, we need a step-by-step workflow of your process.  The nighty is a dynamic cloth fitted for LF2.  If your base model is an LF2 figure, as you claim, there is no need to use the Fitting Room.  This is content for the Cloth Room.

DeeceyArt has identified the figure as an LF1 model. Before we can assist you, we need to verify this information to avoid confusion.  We have been down this road before.  

To clarify how clothing is saved after refitting in the Fitting Room, Create either the prop or conforming clothing and exit the Fitting Room.  The Pose Room is where you make your final save to the Library.

drawn ( ) posted Wed, 31 July 2024 at 2:00 PM · edited Wed, 31 July 2024 at 2:00 PM

well, to my surprise, she was lf1. so I brought in lf2 and she took different hair, but the lf2 nighty? well, no. I ran here thru the Cloth room and it seemed to fit, but not when I moved her a tad, so I tried conforming and the system cannot see the two together. somethings wrong.

pYwAjge6BblzkZEKzuqjOvSa41YJfgrTNQbZ2BjR.png

DeeceyArt ( ) posted Wed, 31 July 2024 at 2:12 PM · edited Wed, 31 July 2024 at 2:19 PM

First of all ... the LF2 Nightie is a PROP, because it shows in the prop menu up top. You've been told multiple times that PROP figures DO NOT CONFORM. 

I am not going to give the instructions here again. You've been told many times how to attach PROP clothing to a figure.  You really do need to get yourself organized and bookmark topics that have already been answered.  It's expecting too much of users here to answer the same question multiple times.

/ grumpy old lady rant off

DeeceyArt ( ) posted Wed, 31 July 2024 at 2:19 PM

>>> At this point, we need a step-by-step workflow of your process.  The nighty is a dynamic cloth fitted for LF2.  If your base model is an LF2 figure, as you claim, there is no need to use the Fitting Room.  This is content for the Cloth Room.

If you look at the screen cap above, it's really hard to tell what he has selected. It looks like he has Mommy selected and is trying to attach the nighty to her. He's working backward.

Also, the nighty is not in its zero position because there are values in x, y, and z tran.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Wed, 31 July 2024 at 4:56 PM
Online Now!

1. Definitions. Conforming vs. dynamic. Conforming for LF2 are FIGURES. Dynamic for LF2 are PROPS.

2. What fits what. LF clothing fits LF2. LF1 clothes fit LF1 EXCEPT with a re-fitting process described elsewhere like five times.

3. If it is DYNAMIC PROP clothing, you CANNOT move/position the figure again without redoing the simulation because it is no longer the pose you simulated the clothes on. Clothes simulation process was also described elsewhere ;like five times, please remember the simple rule: if you used the CLOTH room and reposition the figure you need to rerun the simulation. Make sure your figure is in the position you want them BEFORE you run a clothes simulation.

We really don't mind helping, but you keep asking the same questions and doing the same things we told you not to do. Don't mean to pile on, but have you perused the Poser manual that covers Props,. Figures and Cloth Simulations in great details?

drawn ( ) posted Thu, 01 August 2024 at 4:29 PM

silence

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 01 August 2024 at 4:56 PM
Site Admin

Silence? we're still waiting on a response from you. As Deecey said. We need a step by step of what you've done. We can't help you find where things went wrong if we don't know what you did

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

DeeceyArt ( ) posted Thu, 01 August 2024 at 5:04 PM · edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 5:05 PM

There is silence because we have explained the same things multiple times. You say there is "something wrong." However, being that we have given the instructions several times about the differences between dynamic (prop) and conforming figures, and you STILL ask questions about it, that means one of two things. Either you are not grasping the BASICS of Poser, or you aren't keeping track of the answers you receive to your questions. Instead of responding to the questions you let the thread go and start another one.

That is not our fault. You've been told several times that you need to keep track of the questions you ask, and the answers you receive to them.  You are really expecting too much of the users here to keep track for you and having to repeat the same answers over and over again.

You've been asked to explain what you are doing. You haven't. So you get silence.

DeeceyArt ( ) posted Thu, 01 August 2024 at 5:07 PM · edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 5:07 PM

I'm at the point where I have to ignore this person. I'm sorry. What is the point of responding to someone who doesn't seem to hear what we are trying to tell him?

drawn ( ) posted Fri, 02 August 2024 at 7:43 AM

Did not intend to make a fuss but i felt being jumped on. If im at fault please forgive me. I believe i made an honest mistake rather than repeating an error that you had talked to me about.

Why are dcs messages blocked from me?

drawn ( ) posted Fri, 02 August 2024 at 3:05 PM

it seems I did make errors that don't show immediately when I'm hot at work trying to knock together a scene.

I forgot that my figger was lf instead of lf2 because I'd made her for another project. the pose should have given her away but I was too much Something to focus on that. I wear glasses, which aren't strong snuff for me to notice the little figger in the upper right corner of the garment but there was something about the way it appeared right above the previous garment, that fitted so well, I expected the same result from this one. a combination of errors of judgment, haste, and desire. and it was from a different vendor than the garment that she slipped into easily.

I'm sorry.

drawn

RedPhantom ( ) posted Fri, 02 August 2024 at 4:30 PM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 4:30 PM
Site Admin

If you're having trouble seeing things, there are a few things you can do to help. First, you can increase the size of the interface by going to edit>general preferences and on the interface tab, change the UI scale to something larger. You will need to restart Poser for it to take effect.

and here's a sample of how it looks at a scale of 2

You will need to resize the pallets using the "handle" between them

You can also change the size of the thumbnails in the library which will increase the size of the little person icon on the thumbnail

click on the 3 dots. At the bottom of your library. Click on the tree tab. Slide the thumbnail size slider over until you get the size you want. Do the same for the selected thumbnail size slider. Then click the three dots to close that panel.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

RedPhantom ( ) posted Fri, 02 August 2024 at 4:37 PM
Site Admin

Now if you're still having problems, you can load the clothing. If the clothing has body parts that can bend, it's conforming. If it's all one part that doesn't bend, it's a prop and needs the cloth room.

drawn ( ) posted Sat, 03 August 2024 at 2:36 PM

thanks, folks, for the explanation. I'm almost sure I won't report these issues again...!

drawn

drawn ( ) posted Sat, 03 August 2024 at 2:51 PM

...especially in increasing size of UI!!! I like 1.4 best, and it also increases size of palette figures! Untold wishes fulfilled!

drawn

ergyouter ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2024 at 9:19 PM
drawn posted at 3:05 PM Fri, 2 August 2024 - #4487967

it seems I did make errors that don't show immediately when I'm hot at work trying to knock together a scene.

I forgot that my figger was lf instead of lf2 because I'd made her for another project. the pose should have given her away but I was too much Something to focus on that. I wear glasses, which aren't strong snuff for me to notice the little figger in the upper right corner of the garment but there was something about the way it appeared right above the previous garment, that fitted so well, I expected the same result from this one. a combination of errors of judgment, haste, and desire. and it was from a different vendor than the garment that she slipped into easily.

I'm sorry.

drawn

What strategies can I use to avoid similar mistakes in the future?

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2024 at 9:42 PM
Online Now!

Would you mind elaborating which part of this post you are referring to?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.