Mon, Sep 30, 5:33 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 13

Welcome to the Poser 13 Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd, RedPhantom

(Last Updated: 2024 Sep 29 10:28 am)

Subject: Morphings for a tongue...

blackbonner ( ) posted Sun, 04 August 2024 at 8:36 AM · edited Mon, 30 September 2024 at 5:27 AM

Hello fellow Poser users,

I'm feeling a bit stupid right now, because I wanted to create some morphs for LaFemme 2 Tongue, but I have no idea how to do that.
My first thought was to use the grouping tool and create a new object and import that into Blender.
Turned out, the tongue is made out of 5 separate vertex groups, so I can't export all 5 pieces at once nor can I later inject the morph into one piece to geometry.
It seems, the only way to get the morph to work is as a full body morph, but that's a mess to handle in Blender.
I have to hide everything else but the tongue in order to work on that part of the body.

Do I miss something here or is this really the only way to make this work?

Have a nice day and greetings from Germany.

nerd ( ) posted Sun, 04 August 2024 at 7:26 PM
Forum Moderator

First rule of Poser morphing.  Never, ever start from an exported geometry. It will end in disaster.

Work from the original OBJ for the figure, LF2 in this case. Import the base OBJ into blender. Don't delete anything. If you can't see what your doing hide vertex groups (like the head). When you export the morphed OBJ be sure to preserve the groups. Someone who's more of a blender guru can help with the import export settings.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sun, 04 August 2024 at 8:12 PM
Site Admin

For hiding what you don't want, the easiest in this case would probably be with LF2 selected, go into edit mode (tab). Look at the materials panel and find the tongue. Hit select. Hit shift h to hide everything that isn't selected. Then make your morph in the edit mode or go to sculpt mode.

Let me know if you need screenshots or a more detailed step-by-step.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

blackbonner ( ) posted Sun, 04 August 2024 at 11:34 PM

Thank's for helping me out.
I will follow the advise and keep you posted for the results.

Greetings from Germany

blackbonner ( ) posted Mon, 05 August 2024 at 10:38 AM

@redphantom, thanks for pointing this method out to me.
Works like a charme.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Mon, 05 August 2024 at 12:38 PM
Site Admin

Glad I could help

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

blackbonner ( ) posted Sat, 24 August 2024 at 4:54 AM

@RedPhantom

Just to fix some loose ends of this conversation, I followed your advice and created some nice morphs for her tongue.
And I had to created them as full-body-morphs, because the tongue is made of 5 geometry parts.
I will package the morphs and upload them here on Renderosity in the freestuff section in a couple of days.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.