Wed, Sep 18, 2:21 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Virtual World Dynamics

Welcome to the Virtual World Dynamics Forum

Virtual World Dynamics F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 15 1:40 pm)

Subject: Restart VWD???

FVerbaas ( ) posted Tue, 06 August 2024 at 11:17 AM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 2:18 PM
Forum Coordinator

The present version of VWD, when running, blocks a number of Poser functions, like the morph brush, the library, and the material room, to name some. 

Poser functions resume working after pressing 'Stop VWD'. The VWD program then keeps running,but the connection with Poser is lost and there is no way that I can see to restore the contact with Poser. Pressing 'start VWD' again launches a new instance of vWD with an empty scene.

It is not a big problem to do without some of the Poser functions for some time, but it would be great to be able to restore the connection to the current sim, so to have buttons:

- start VWD as it is now,

- suspend VWD with function as 'stop VWD' now is,

- resume VWD as described above

- stop VWD actually terminating the VWD program

obviously, as long as there is only one VWD process, only two buttons would be needed and texts could be swapped. 

It would be nice if two or more VWD processes could exist at the same time so different garments could be accounted for, but that would pose new management problems.

jroulin ( ) posted Tue, 06 August 2024 at 1:43 PM
FVerbaas posted at 11:17 AM Tue, 6 August 2024 - #2988749

The present version of VWD, when running, blocks a number of Poser functions, like the morph brush, the library, and the material room, to name some. 

Poser functions resume working after pressing 'Stop VWD'. The VWD program then keeps running,but the connection with Poser is lost and there is no way that I can see to restore the contact with Poser. Pressing 'start VWD' again launches a new instance of vWD with an empty scene.

It is not a big problem to do without some of the Poser functions for some time, but it would be great to be able to restore the connection to the current sim, so to have buttons:

- start VWD as it is now,

- suspend VWD with function as 'stop VWD' now is,

- resume VWD as described above

- stop VWD actually terminating the VWD program

obviously, as long as there is only one VWD process, only two buttons would be needed and texts could be swapped. 

It would be nice if two or more VWD processes could exist at the same time so different garments could be accounted for, but that would pose new management problems.

Yes, second that, having a way to suspend and a resume button would be nice.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Wed, 07 August 2024 at 4:04 PM

I'll do some more tests but the first ones weren't conclusive.

I'll see what I can do.

Follow me on Twitter : @VWDynamics

Watch demo videos on Youtube

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Thu, 08 August 2024 at 4:35 AM

It works.
It is now possible to stop the program to perform an action in Poser and then restart it without losing what has already been done.
I can send you the Python files so you can try it out but I don't know how to do it.
If you want, you can give me an email or send me an email on virtualworlddynamics@gmail.com or give me another way to send you the files.

FVerbaas ( ) posted Thu, 08 August 2024 at 6:49 AM
Forum Coordinator

I will send you an email.  

jroulin ( ) posted Thu, 08 August 2024 at 3:05 PM

I send an E-Mail to you.

jroulin ( ) posted Thu, 08 August 2024 at 3:11 PM

Another wish I would have is that when a simulation was made and transferred to Poser there would be an option to turn that cloth object as an collision object so that we can load the next cloth and make the next simulation.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Sat, 10 August 2024 at 2:16 PM

This is already the case in VWD.
A simulated object with a name with _VWD can be imported as a collision object and will participate in the next simulation.
For example: hair on the character and a _VWD outfit

jroulin ( ) posted Sun, 11 August 2024 at 6:48 AM

Yes, I know that way of doing. My question was if you can add a way in WVD to switch the cloth item as collision item. If this would be possible it would allow the user to simply load the next cloth object and simulate again without the need to reload all the collision objects. This would specially be useful if you have multiple cloth items like a pant a skirt and a long top. 

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Sun, 11 August 2024 at 7:52 AM

I assume you would like to do all the simulations with just one opening of the VWD program.
For the moment this is not possible because VWD was written to only do one simulation and return the result to the host.
This would represent a lot of work in the program.
Importing _VWD files as a collision object is relatively quick. I'm not sure the time saving is huge.
I'll still think about it.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Sun, 11 August 2024 at 8:11 AM

FVerbass suggested that it would be interesting to have the ability to write Python scripts in VWD.
This can be considered a simple solution that would solve the problem you raise.
There could be a master program which would sequence VWD executions with a minimal number of parameters.
Thus, a set of simulations could be done in a single action.

jroulin ( ) posted Sun, 11 August 2024 at 9:52 AM

Yes doing the sim without closing VWD.The idea of having Python access in VWD is very interesting.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.