Sat, Sep 28, 9:16 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Suggestion Box

Welcome to the Suggestion Box Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic, msansing

Suggestion Box F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 24 8:29 am)

This forum is designed for suggestions from the community on how you feel we can improve Renderosity.

Subject: Request for removing traces of spam posts

DeeceyArt ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2024 at 5:36 PM · edited Sat, 28 September 2024 at 7:18 AM
Online Now!

When spam posts are removed from the forums, the forum listings still show the deleted post in the "Last Post" column. If you click to read the "last post" in the thread, there is no post there.

For those of us that typically try to follow new posts, this is misleading. Is there any way you can delete the information from the "last post" column at the same time you delete the user's post?

msansing ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2024 at 8:16 AM
Site Admin
DeeceyArt posted at 5:36 PM Thu, 20 June 2024 - #2988182

When spam posts are removed from the forums, the forum listings still show the deleted post in the "Last Post" column. If you click to read the "last post" in the thread, there is no post there.

For those of us that typically try to follow new posts, this is misleading. Is there any way you can delete the information from the "last post" column at the same time you delete the user's post?

Thank you for that feedback. I will pass that information on to our developers. 

arifzhafir ( ) posted Wed, 17 July 2024 at 10:50 PM

Hasn't changed.

Wolfenshire ( ) posted Thu, 18 July 2024 at 11:55 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

It's a great idea and has been suggested before, but don't expect it anytime soon. The wishlist of things we want is very, very long.

Wolfenshire, Moderator/Community Leader

DeeceyArt ( ) posted Sat, 17 August 2024 at 7:54 AM
Online Now!

This morning, there were several forums that still had traces of a user's post.  All by the same person.  It's long overdue to fix this issue.

DeeceyArt ( ) posted Sat, 17 August 2024 at 2:23 PM · edited Sat, 17 August 2024 at 2:32 PM
Online Now!

I don't mean to harp on this, but this morning I woke up to 19 ... YES ... 19 remnants of one person who spammed the forums with junk mail. I'm not exactly looking for a lady of the evening, thank you very much. The posts were deleted, but the traces still show up as "new posts". There may even be more, but I'm only looking at the forums that I follow.

It's very annoying. Surely something can be done to stop this nonsense?  How is it that a person can get away with this?

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 17 August 2024 at 9:02 PM

I agree with you.  I always wondered why this practice is allowed to continue.  The other case is individuals leaving ambiguous comments unrelated to the topic.  I report those as spam but it does get annoying.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Mon, 19 August 2024 at 8:10 AM

I'm not saying this looks bad for a company forum where they try to tell us how great the software they own is (and don't get me wrong I like Poser), but not only those spam traces from the 17th are still showing on all forums but there are new ones now.

Please either make sure someone fixes this even over the weekends, or get a forum software that takes care of it with more robust protection.

DeeceyArt ( ) posted Mon, 19 August 2024 at 12:42 PM · edited Mon, 19 August 2024 at 12:46 PM
Online Now!

And now the "spam remnants" are resurrecting posts from 2002. They use their own forum software I believe, so they should have the ability to FIX THIS.

Come on, man. This is a legit issue for users. The priority should be bumped up.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Mon, 19 August 2024 at 3:40 PM

Also aggravating is that the old old threads ressurrected by spam bots remain at the top of the forums even after the spam is deleted. And then you get very confused when you arrive to a question that is no longer pertinent because, for example, Poser hasn't had that issue since version 6, and it takes you a while to finally think to check the date of the thread you're reading as if it were new.

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

DeeceyArt ( ) posted Mon, 19 August 2024 at 4:01 PM · edited Mon, 19 August 2024 at 4:02 PM
Online Now!

Exactly. If a post is deleted, the thread should result in a condition as if the deleted post never occurred at all. That's the reason I requested this in the first place. 

Thanks for the support, guys, at least I know I'm not alone in the frustration. 8-(

msansing ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2024 at 11:11 AM
Site Admin
DeeceyArt posted at 5:36 PM Thu, 20 June 2024 - #2988182

I know this has been a big pain. I spoke with our developer and he is working on a solution. I will update here as soon as I have additional information. 

DeeceyArt ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2024 at 12:04 PM
Online Now!

Thank you. Fingers crossed.

ebasham ( ) posted Tue, 27 August 2024 at 12:47 PM
Site Admin

Hey guys. This problem turned out to not be as straightforward as you might have thought; however, I think we have managed to wrangle it in and fix it. I have updated the data for all forum threads with activity this year. Feel free to sitemail me if you experience any issues related to this change.

DeeceyArt ( ) posted Tue, 27 August 2024 at 1:40 PM
Online Now!

Thank you so much!  It's appreciated.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.