Sat, Sep 28, 6:17 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / New Poser Users Help

Welcome to the New Poser Users Help Forum

Forum Moderators: Anim8dtoon, RedPhantom, Staff

New Poser Users Help F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 9:00 am)

New to Poser? Ask questions here for expert help!

Subject: render not do whole scene

drawn ( ) posted Thu, 22 August 2024 at 2:16 PM · edited Sat, 28 September 2024 at 6:17 PM

this is the scene in preview and following are renders I;ve gotten with decreasing settings: 

qedgct0zLIkblhNIO1f9yYfdOXUFKyAXemBHb24k.png

cTHXUMKanfYKFaFhij5eJqk4cslj9uyvZSH9Jpcq.png

huh?

drawn

someone will say: show us your settings, and I need to know which settings

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 22 August 2024 at 2:46 PM · edited Thu, 22 August 2024 at 2:47 PM

Please share your render settings first. I'm uncertain about the issue with your render. It's possible that your RAM is being overtaxed during the render, causing objects to go undetected. There might also be corruption in the scene file. What is the size of the final scene file? Have you altered any material shaders to assist with the rendering process?

Rhia474 ( ) posted Thu, 22 August 2024 at 4:49 PM

By sharing your render settings he means, please click Render on your Menu on top of your Poser window, scroll down to Render Settings, then take a screenshot of what you use to render with, please.

For instance, these are mine for what I'm working on now. Just paste yours in. Once we got that, we can ask further questions, like: what are your computer's specs (memory, video card, etc.)

4x9APgkKLNZ73BzEsFFUf0cYPO2wWHlVf6iSsSeU.png

Y-Phil ( ) posted Thu, 22 August 2024 at 4:53 PM

At first sight, it looks like you're having weird light settings, at least ones that are not giving any light at render time but only at preview time.

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
👿 Mac Mini M2, Sonoma 14.6.1, 16GB, 500GB SSD
👿 Nas 10TB
👿 Poser 13 and soon 14 ❤️

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 22 August 2024 at 4:54 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

I've never seen something like this before. I think hborre's questions would be a good starting point. Once we see that, we might be able to come up with other ideas

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

drawn ( ) posted Thu, 22 August 2024 at 4:55 PM · edited Thu, 22 August 2024 at 4:55 PM

render asttings:

f0cTYIzIvrvuok7XZWqjbU6aHbMth0TOK1U2Ue66.png

final file size of render;

luAUxtdLAWOTtPfRfSfQ5zCfxd4sC69QrOEnzagC.png

Rhia474 ( ) posted Thu, 22 August 2024 at 5:00 PM · edited Thu, 22 August 2024 at 5:01 PM

Okay. I want you to select Mother's House and its Body, just as you have on that render, then please find your parameter Dials window from your Poser Window menu if you don't already have open. In that window, click on the Properties tab, and show us what is checked and unchecked. I want to verify that entire house is not set as invisible first before we try to troubleshoot your lights.

kAEO72en107DMqHatG4InT1acPV2y0oGHu4EpksN.png

drawn ( ) posted Thu, 22 August 2024 at 6:47 PM

ok for whatever reason, the parameters don't show even tho they did before

B0NqpRCACHI4kuuDXVZrdEGdzIHRUm1wTcpxQ8OF.png

I did play some with lights...

Rhia474 ( ) posted Thu, 22 August 2024 at 6:52 PM

I don't understand why that Mother's House does not have properties. That worries me. I can see you have its body selected. You may have to delete it and re-add it, after saving the scene with an alternate name in case it is corrupted.

The scene looks differently lighted than before, what did you do to the lights?

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 22 August 2024 at 8:31 PM · edited Thu, 22 August 2024 at 8:32 PM

Suspicion of corruption lingers in the scene. The child has repositioned himself in his chair, now closer to the table. It might be wise to consider Rhia's suggestion and rebuild the scene using a new house prop.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Sat, 24 August 2024 at 5:37 PM · edited Sat, 24 August 2024 at 5:39 PM

I've seen this before: no apparent properties. Bug with the display, IMO. I'm thinking to this because the window has this visible (sorry I don't know the English word)

TbdEztDhobqsTBgw4be9X5Oc23HuzCWAoBcdhMCz.png

It shouldn't have any if it's empty, so that I think that the properties exist but remain hidden...

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
👿 Mac Mini M2, Sonoma 14.6.1, 16GB, 500GB SSD
👿 Nas 10TB
👿 Poser 13 and soon 14 ❤️

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 24 August 2024 at 6:24 PM

When the scroll bar is present and no Properties detail appears in the panel, it usually implies that the display has filled with empty space.  This scene needs to be reworked and props replaced.  There is a major corruption somewhere in the file.

drawn ( ) posted Sun, 25 August 2024 at 7:40 AM

As per info from Dr. Charles, this is a known glitch soon to be fixed. Closed poser then reopened and problem gone. Thank goodness 😅 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.