Sun, Oct 20, 8:05 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 16 4:10 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Largest resource of free Bryce textures?

ddaydreams ( ) posted Mon, 04 May 2015 at 11:50 AM · edited Sun, 20 October 2024 at 7:50 AM

Hi. It's been a long time since my last post here. I'm still doing art.

I wanted to know where is the largest source of free online Bryce textures?

Seems like many years ago there was a website that had page of links to all the places that had significant amounts of free Bryce Textures.

Frank Hawkins/Owner/DigitalDaydreams

Frank_Hawkins_Design

Frank Lee Hawkins Eastern Sierra Gallery Store

My U.S.A eBay Graphics Software Store~~ My International eBay Graphics Software Store

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Tue, 05 May 2015 at 4:55 AM

I dunno about the largest, but try taking a look at "FreeStuff" here on Renderosity, then there's Daz, I think there's a whole thread that goes on forever with posts to freestuff, some of which may be Bryce Textures, but also look in BryceFreepository on Daz3d, then there's RuntimeDNA.

Also it really depends on what you mean by "Bryce textures"  Do you mean actual things like "rocks.brt" or just an image that you can use as a texture inside Bryce? Because if it's rocks.brt, bump.brt or psychedelic.brt then it'll be rather limited, but you may find something on ShareCG.com, but if it's an image to use as a texture - well, then the world's the limit!

Measure your mind's height
by the shade it casts.

Robert Browning (Paracelsus)

Fran's Freestuff

http://franontheedge.blogspot.com/

http://www.FranOnTheEdge.com

ddaydreams ( ) posted Tue, 05 May 2015 at 10:17 AM · edited Tue, 05 May 2015 at 10:18 AM

"Also it really depends on what you mean by "Bryce textures"  Do you mean actual things like "rocks.brt" or just an image that you can use as a texture inside Bryce?"

I meant procedural textures aka .mat files

Frank_Hawkins_Design

My U.S.A eBay Graphics Software Store~~ My International eBay Graphics Software Store

karl.garnham1 ( ) posted Sat, 16 May 2015 at 1:27 PM

Your gonna find this weird but the biggest resources of Bryce Textures is actually within Bryce itself(I will explain better than this)

You can make Endless Textures with so many different Methods for Example Using Boolean objects to make things then turning to aerial mode(from Above) and you can make loads of textures that Way or another way Copying Bryce Textures from an Aerial View and mix and match them in Photoshop(or Gimp or Whatever). and you can make endless Textures That way too. So in my View the biggest Resources of Bryce Textures is already within Bryce itself all you need to do is a little experimentation to get it.

Karl

ddaydreams ( ) posted Sat, 16 May 2015 at 1:36 PM

Thanks, I like premade ones as a starting point, so that when I see one I like that's close to looking like what I had in mind. I can tweak it and zero in on a mor exact look. Then do the Arial view you mentioned rendered at what ever size I need.

Frank_Hawkins_Design

karl.garnham1 ( ) posted Sat, 23 May 2015 at 12:54 PM

Yes thats correct you can tweak them as much as you want here is an example I have made in Bryce Myself it is a Katana Sword Texture using cylinders and a material within Bryce its very easy to do and has some really cool results

file_8f85517967795eeef66c225f7883bdcb.jp

Boni ( ) posted Tue, 02 June 2015 at 9:05 PM

A long standing standing forum at Delphi forums is still active, with Bryce devotees and resources like objects, textures,etc.. It was the first 3d forum I ever joined back in 1995. I am on my tablet, so I don't have access to my links. I will add the link tomorrow.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

Atomic_Anvil ( ) posted Wed, 28 August 2024 at 1:17 PM

Boni posted at 9:05 PM Tue, 2 June 2015 - #4206203

A long standing standing forum at Delphi forums is still active, with Bryce devotees and resources like objects, textures,etc.. It was the first 3d forum I ever joined back in 1995. I am on my tablet, so I don't have access to my links. I will add the link tomorrow.

Feel free to share that link. I'm still at it with Bryce as well. Since 1998.

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 28 August 2024 at 6:28 PM

You are aware the last post is almost 10 years old.  Fortunately, Boni is still active in Renderosity forums so she may respond to your request.  You may want to site-mail her.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.