Sun, Sep 29, 11:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 29 8:28 am)

Subject: Crash data

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2024 at 5:26 PM · edited Sun, 29 September 2024 at 11:19 PM
Site Admin

Poser has been crashing a lot since the latest update. Where can I find the crash data so I can include it in my report to support?

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

VedaDalsette ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2024 at 12:45 PM

I use P13. I find that when I click too fast (like I save a scene and then click on File/New too quickly) I crash. Happened in P12, too. And when Poser is looking for a texture file that's not where it's expecting it, I remind myself to patiently wait to avoid a crash. But it's all worth it with the incredibly fast renders!

W11,Intel i9-14900KF @ 3.20GHz, 64.0 GB RAM, 64-bit, GeForce GTX 4070 Ti SUPER, 16GB. 

Old lady hobbyist.

All visual art or fiction is "playing with dolls."

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2024 at 4:23 PM
Site Admin

This is when I render at higher samples. It will render for a time and then crash. These are scenes that worked before the update. I made the report. I figured if they needed the crash report, they'd tell me where to find it.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Y-Phil ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2024 at 5:44 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 5:49 PM

You will find them here: "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Poser\CrashDumps"

Open up the dialog box to execute a program (Win key + R), copy-paste without the """" Same place for Win10 & Win11.

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
👿 Mac Mini M2, Sonoma 14.6.1, 16GB, 500GB SSD
👿 Nas 10TB
👿 Poser 13 and soon 14 ❤️

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2024 at 6:38 PM
Site Admin

thanks

Crystalis ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2024 at 11:01 PM

Perhaps your computer is trying to go into Sleep Mode before it gets a chance to finish the render. Try to extend or remove the Sleep timer, temporarily and see if that works out you can actually help them fix the bug if there is one.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2024 at 6:55 AM
Site Admin

I have that turned off. I learned that lesson long ago. And it's not the whole computer crashing, it's just Poser.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.