Sat, Sep 28, 9:19 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Suggestion Box

Welcome to the Suggestion Box Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic, msansing

Suggestion Box F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 24 8:29 am)

This forum is designed for suggestions from the community on how you feel we can improve Renderosity.

Subject: HOW ARE YOU GUYS DOING?

Wild_Card ( ) posted Sat, 21 September 2024 at 8:06 AM · edited Sat, 28 September 2024 at 7:14 AM

I've been buying stuff from you at Renderosity since 2008. At the beginning I could find way better things here than I could at DAZ3D.com. I kept coming back over and over. Lately I feel that the website has become quite dull and boring. Very few things seem appealing to me. Some artists are into recycling their old models, just putting another make-up and hairdo and then selling it under a new name. Some clothes are downright comic. I don't believe anyone would like to wear that stuff other than in a masquerade. What separates you from the others is the awailability to communicate directly with the PA's. That's highly valuable. One thing that I expect more than the usual legal stuff, and anti-pirating preachings, is TIPS on how to make the best out of the stuff I purchase. There's hardly anything in those "read-me" files. I strongly believe that you can do better. Once upon a time you were better than DAZ.

Respectfully

Wild Card

msansing ( ) posted Mon, 23 September 2024 at 6:18 AM
Site Admin
Wild_Card posted at 8:06 AM Sat, 21 September 2024 - #2989316

I've been buying stuff from you at Renderosity since 2008. At the beginning I could find way better things here than I could at DAZ3D.com. I kept coming back over and over. Lately I feel that the website has become quite dull and boring. Very few things seem appealing to me. Some artists are into recycling their old models, just putting another make-up and hairdo and then selling it under a new name. Some clothes are downright comic. I don't believe anyone would like to wear that stuff other than in a masquerade. What separates you from the others is the awailability to communicate directly with the PA's. That's highly valuable. One thing that I expect more than the usual legal stuff, and anti-pirating preachings, is TIPS on how to make the best out of the stuff I purchase. There's hardly anything in those "read-me" files. I strongly believe that you can do better. Once upon a time you were better than DAZ.

Respectfully

Wild Card

Thank you for your candid feedback and for being a loyal Renderosity customer since 2008. We truly appreciate all our members, especially those who have been with us long-term. We've recently updated our Marketplace homepage and have plans to enhance other areas of the site as well. These changes require quite a bit of work behind the scenes, but I'm with you, we can do better.

We also completely agree that direct communication with our artists is one of the key things that sets us apart from other platforms. I’ll be sure to share your feedback about including tips in the readme files. While some artists do include them, we know it’s not consistent across the board. We are planning on improving our tutorial and resource sections in 2025. If you have any ideas on what products or types of content you'd like to see more of, feel free to send me a sitemail—I’d love to hear your suggestions!

Wild_Card ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2024 at 3:55 AM

Thanks for the swift reply. One thing that directly comes to mind is more flexible clothing and hairdos. More of dress of - dress on type of thing to make it more realistic andd practical. The hair is everything on a model to me. It can change the character completely. A bad hairdo is so connected to the aura I want to convey on a model. It can ruin or make an image to perfection. Many of the dForce clothings and hairdos of today are limited and has yet a long way to go before it can match the real thing. Yes, I do work on a limited platform: DAZ Studio and I accept the limitations to some extent. Still I know it can be improved. I have been on the DAZ forums and tried to ask for progress in that matter but felt a bit "stonewalled". So, my hope is with you guys.

Best and kindest regards!

Ingemar Gustavsson aka Wild_Card

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.