Mon, Oct 21, 11:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 11:11 pm)

Subject: L'Homme 2 Pro???

Rhia474 ( ) posted Fri, 18 October 2024 at 9:51 AM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 11:28 PM

And then you just release L'Homme 2 Pro without ANY advertising or advance promos. Talk about a completely wasted opportunity #2 after Dawn 2. A new male figure and there was nothing to drum up interest or even hint at it.

I'm going to get it now and see what I can see the same way I did for La Femme 2, but really, Rendo--what is going ON?

Rhia474 ( ) posted Fri, 18 October 2024 at 10:16 AM

Oh, sorry, there was a newsletter sent out after midnight US Centrla time today, and this is how L'Homme was announced. Not in the title, not even as the first things they show in the newletter.

The title? 

Renderosity Knows How to Kick Off the Weekend ✨ ~ You'll Have to Come Inside To See 👀

The first item you see when you scroll from that title? A 'sexy romper' for the G8 figures.

ONLY after you saw that and for some reason you didn't chuck it in your trash you can see 'oh, btw, there is a new figure release'.

There wasn't even a solo announcement email push dedicated to this only--something every novice marketing intern knows.

Excuse me while I rant, but this is yet another missed opportunity. Also, I am taking LH2 out of the box and so far I hate how he bends, passionately. Pictures later.

tim ( ) posted Fri, 18 October 2024 at 10:30 AM
Site Admin

No reason to think you've seen the full extent of our marketing effort around L'Homme 2.

Appreciate your enthusiasm for the unboxing though.  Look forward to seeing your images in the galleries.  Please support the figure by entering a hashtag on your image description like #LHomme2Unboxing so others can join in the fun.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Fri, 18 October 2024 at 10:36 AM

Will do, no worries! I'd love to see it succeed, we need more boys!

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Fri, 18 October 2024 at 11:27 AM

Now I'm worried - you don't like how he bends? 😔

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Fri, 18 October 2024 at 11:31 AM

I am in love with his hands--shoulders and arms have some weirdness I'll demo for you probably tonight. I'm really curious what others think, I'm just one of many.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Fri, 18 October 2024 at 12:16 PM

There was a lot of struggle with his shoulders - it's the shape, it's complicated to make bend without adding a bunch of JCMs. We ultimately decided to compromise and not add extra JCMs to avoid giving clothing creators a bunch of nightmares 🤣

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Fri, 18 October 2024 at 12:19 PM

Hi Rae.  I've tested him with the poses that came with and various drag and pulls to see if I could see anything weird in how he's bending and I'm not seeing much of anything that I would dock as being bad.  The only little niggle I see is that if you bend the foot down, from the side, the ankle fattens up a bit too much but other than that I don't see anything that tells me the rigging or JCMs are not working as expected. 

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Rhia474 ( ) posted Fri, 18 October 2024 at 4:05 PM · edited Fri, 18 October 2024 at 4:05 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Okay;  I had some time to play with him now--as usual,. these are unfiltered renders, out of the box, using standard textures what came with the figure. Where I deviated from no morphs and no standard textures, I make sure to mention.
Also, I am using the stock poses that came with the figure, not LH1 poses, no modifications.

So: took him out, applied standard texture, added a stock pose, added a HDRI with no other lights.

nq8gbJiBT5oNUIu0v44sGCDdIlbCJseXwki6Zs9Z.png

Hm. I was like... okay, the texture is like plastic, but this is what it came with, you didn't expect V4 to look amazing out of the box either..." Except that this is 2024. This figure is supposed to be optimized for Poser13, the one I am rendering it in, with Superfly, which I am using. With the out of the box subdivision of 2.

Then those arms. That collar bend. What on earth is that?
LB6CeNoChji4z39Ui6Z6MHiB3N6ztOyswmg7Rdq2.png

Same pose, same  settings, rendering mid-torso. What is that waist doing?

Then I go: okay, La Femme 2 has a similar pose, let's take her out, stock textures, no morphs, put her next to her man, see how this goes.

J4oFHdkA9DTGY3qH4wNernwv4MLpp4ysl5qiZnxA.png

Okay, lots of nudity, because I rendered them side by side and I want anatomically correct figures (I have this tagged):

gfHeQcS693U2v0ONLyJHiHLc7613UytBE4Dt7mEP.png

Those arms--something is not right with the rotations.

Okay, on to detail renders.
Hands. Hands are lovely, great work there with textures and how fingers bend.
0mYGBeM1TNnXotRpsrniWcq6cSNFIyQhNxILJoTn.png

Feet... okay, um, what is up with the insanely long toes on L'Homme 2? They are quite disproportionate; if I may make a suggestion, make the feet larger, not the toes.
AVeb1uPAqNoovVi0MDXdZxkZFn8LsDwL3Fmr79pm.png

Okay, let's try some crouching bends and sitting.

7pYTIuTo4GYMdxzalck2bgtILgMHBz7SQNgFRpng.png

That looks better; good shoulder and back bend and stomach folds are especially great. Not sure about that knee though. Again, this is a pose that came with the base package as constructed for LH2.

6uBJmk7ZehlD0Yhz1icnfSaopsf8am4gmz2tkIAL.png

Well done shoulder here, the muscle tension detail is awesome.

dDOFNQz4Cm3OfO4F2VFR5Nle2M4UOGq3zI2ZgQk8.png

That's a nice underarm gap, just right. From this angle the clavicles look great too. Too bad about that upwards bend thing I showed above.

Same pose from behind: looks a bit rough from this angle, especially given that this is with 2 subdivision. Again, no morphs, default skin, no light bit HDRI (exact same as it was on all shots).

iIgeQVLD3UoLhCZS9MWEJB6z4MEJPBycU5fc9LqN.png

Okay, let's try a seated pose, again, this pose was designed for this figure and it is unmorphed.
6nvoM9Y7GRgNVvOEY3TiNeJupl2yUZPLmqkuJ36G.png
Um. WHAT is that with the forearm/arm/ elbow?  How many bones are broken there?And the tits/ upper chest being unnaturally flat where it should be rounded? And the knee? Torso/glutes look quite nice from here.

Okay, same pose, different angle, just in case I'm hallucinating or something.
hv3dKpDVFSvjQQF5mSr7NPs5kZ68XkSsxeALKwsc.png

Nope, that arm is...not right. Just... sadly not. Which is a pity, because look at this shoulder and clavicle closeup. (full disclosure, this is morphed with a minimal setting on the Athletic body morph and Toned on the neck, and switched out the basic body texture to Brown with a smattering of body hair. Still plasticky, but a bit better)

ZyV7fzry2lz3hqqiEP21ehdiFobBdXjKXaZFX14i.png

Now please tell me it's me, that I don't do things right, that I am not rendering with the right settings or background, or twisting them wrong. Except I used everything as it comes with the figure. I changed nothing except one thing: I'm using a HDRI background and no lights, blank and unforgiving, and rendering from multiple angles and totally without clothes because he only comes with one brief.

I'm continuing to experiment with textures that I have for LH1 that can be converted to him: as per the advertisement of the figure, LH2 figures can use LH2 textures with the included (thank you!!) conversion materials. I won't be able to afford any clothes for him until next month, so it'd have been nice to get at least some basic t-shirt and pants included with the base for free. Hopefully there will be some freebies soon. Hair can be used with included (thank you!!) fits from LF.

Above shoulder and clavicle details with a tempesta3d texture swapped in:
XkQ0HQa8bLtBC3brhQpF3H33qN3c2qLxQfsMvlFM.png

Face morphed, texture is the Brown texture included, with Brown facial hair, Iuri hair from LF with included morph to fit LH2. Same HDRI, no lights.
AUCQSGHv1sY79ANUyAFGhKOEn3Zg7GtKbyubNYyv.png

The main problem is, I can totally see how this is basically LF's mesh modded to look like a guy. and it is evident especially in the upper part of the face, even morphed with the included ones. The main issue with both LF and LH that unless you take them out of Poser and completely modify the mesh, they will always,. always look like the base. In other words, dialspin won't make them different so that they are not each others' siblings all the time. Their base face is too distinct.
And for those of us who are end users and don't have the means/ skills to use Blender, ZBrush or any other modeling program, we will need to rely on the content creators to give us modified meshes that look different enough. And we know how many content creators are there for Poser right now, I can probably count them on two hands who work with human figures.

This guy has potential, we needed a new male figure for Poser badly. I'm curious to see what comes out for him and when. I'll try to see if I can come up with a decent skin shader to use the maps he comes with while getting rid of the plastic/ wet look. But that shoulder and arms need fixing and the poxes that come with him don't do him justice.

Let's see what others can come up with--I'm eager to see the different experiences.

DeeceyArt ( ) posted Fri, 18 October 2024 at 5:17 PM

His eyes seem way too small for his face. 8-(

Varnayrah ( ) posted Sat, 19 October 2024 at 12:23 PM

Okay, so I didn't get him yet and probably won't because I find I rarely use male figures - and if I do, I have M4, Dusk and L'Homme to choose from (with already to little clothing so in the end I most times end up with M4, because I have more content for him to choose from), but... I also was astonished about the lack of promotion. I mean, I don't know if something went on on social media, I rarely use them. But ... not even something on  the ReRo front page? Or was I just blind? But should it not just jump out at me? I mean, what's a promotion if I have to go and acitively look out for it?

Boni ( ) posted Sat, 19 October 2024 at 3:39 PM

I have a question. My focus has always been on face and head morphs for character variety. Any estimate for a release on that?

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

LapinDeFer ( ) posted Sat, 19 October 2024 at 3:58 PM · edited Sat, 19 October 2024 at 4:07 PM

I agree on the mysterious non-promotion...

Still, I got LH2 and look forward to try him in the circus ring, once I get the time.

If it is like with LF2, LF1 clothes - even conforming such - can be fitted with a bit of tweaking of the parameters and a bit of work with the morph brush. I did that with shoes.

@Boni, I am given to understand that morphs from LH1 will work on LH2. That might work for face morphs as well. But Ohki will know, of course.

Boni ( ) posted Sat, 19 October 2024 at 5:15 PM

Thank you LapinDeFer. I can't wait to get to my working computer tomorrow, how exciting!

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

MeInOhio ( ) posted Sat, 19 October 2024 at 8:32 PM

My first L'homme 2 render. I used the fitting room to fit the shirt to him. Too bad L'homme's clothes don't fit out of the box.

6tW0qdhjY2Ql4oCFbKOm8oNEGp9bulIzTsQLrZPM.jpg

AmbientShade ( ) posted Sat, 19 October 2024 at 9:52 PM
Online Now!

Boni posted at 3:39 PM Sat, 19 October 2024 - #4490528

I have a question. My focus has always been on face and head morphs for character variety. Any estimate for a release on that?

There are these sets:
https://www.renderosity.com/marketplace/products/165997/hisfacefx-for-lhomme2

https://www.renderosity.com/marketplace/products/165907/hisbodyfx-morphs-for-lhomme2

Both are marked as merchant resources.

The fact that there is zero every day clothing for him on release is rather ridiculous.

AmbientShade ( ) posted Sat, 19 October 2024 at 11:32 PM
Online Now!

Ah, there's a set of normal clothing over on the posersoftware store, so that's something at least.

I always forget about that place.

Varnayrah ( ) posted Sun, 20 October 2024 at 1:01 AM

I didn't even know that place existed...

but the casual clothing set is on ReRo also

https://www.renderosity.com/marketplace/products/166181/lhomme-2-casual-clothes

AmbientShade ( ) posted Sun, 20 October 2024 at 1:37 AM
Online Now!

Ah, I see it now, if I just hit 'New Products' it's there, but I always hit 'New Poser Products' and it's not showing for me when I use that filter. All the other LH2 products seem to show but not the casual set.

randym77 ( ) posted Sun, 20 October 2024 at 2:27 AM
AmbientShade posted at 1:37 AM Sun, 20 October 2024 - #4490556

Ah, I see it now, if I just hit 'New Products' it's there, but I always hit 'New Poser Products' and it's not showing for me when I use that filter. All the other LH2 products seem to show but not the casual set.

Same for me. I think that product is miscategorized.

Versum ( ) posted Sun, 20 October 2024 at 4:44 AM · edited Sun, 20 October 2024 at 4:52 AM

Poser Place, you mean Posersoftware.com ! Avoiding this place as much as possible, only go for Poser updates. Every time I go on that Page I get a PC Boost my Cpu heats up, all fans go on high speed, this happens on every page change on this site, getting peaks on Wlan and cpu. There is something not working right on this site causing this issue .... could be because they have region1 google analytics embedded on the site do not know ! 

DreaminGirl ( ) posted Sun, 20 October 2024 at 5:07 AM

I'll be honest, when I saw the new banner for L'homme 2 in the Marketplace today, my first thought was "A new female figure already?"

Got nothing against effeminate men, but for a BASE male figure, that is.. a poor choice

I like the new Neftis hair, but other than that, nothing of interest

tim ( ) posted Sun, 20 October 2024 at 8:50 AM
Site Admin
@randym77 - thanks for heads up.  Fixed the product listing to categorize correctly.

Sunfire ( ) posted Mon, 21 October 2024 at 1:40 PM
Online Now!

Okay... first newsletter was bad... but this one... is even more of a fail!

Y6sGfcFuAItTS2lmlzMtwomeNmJCReEoLq7tie1k.png

And what did I find? A few images of L'H Pro 2 above an add to get people to upgrade to P13, and that was way down the letter, not the headliner, btw. Then you scroll way down almost to the bottom to find ONE thing for L'H 2.

This is NOT a good way to promote what is your flagship male figure. It is a good way to send people elsewhere.

If nothing else that first newsletter announcing L'H2's release should have had L'H2 first. With the biggest focus, then focused on the items for him that was released at the same time.

This time... it's like L'H2 is a joke.

BTW... when is  the lite version of L'H2 going to be available for download in my Posers? At least LF2 was available the same day her Pro version was released.

Sunfire's Creations

Rhia474 ( ) posted Mon, 21 October 2024 at 2:01 PM

Thanks for articulating that. It's that at NO POINT in the promotional materials released so far LH2 is in the first place or promoted solo.  He is way down on each newsletter as if he is an 'oh, right, let's include him too' as opposed to a new figure for the software this company owns.

With one single everyday piece of clothing released so far.

Versum ( ) posted Mon, 21 October 2024 at 3:11 PM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 3:14 PM

Actually should not be that worried about promotion of new Poser releases here. Users of Poser can't miss it due the lack of new stuff, things remain on the first page for almost one month for 60 releases. New releases stay on top for almost 2 weeks in the poser section ! this makes it for sure visible without any add :)  If you are on RH then a new release will be already on the second page after day, with 100 releases a day there you might have to say something good needs to be promoted :) 

Renderosity probably has other promotional issues then a new doll if it stays on top for a month  ....

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 21 October 2024 at 4:13 PM

This type of promotion should be prioritized considering that it is discounted through tonight.  Any individual willing to purchase the figure would want to do it sooner rather than later.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Mon, 21 October 2024 at 5:20 PM

Versum, you are completely misunderstanding the reasons for promoting something and how it's done. But that's okay, hborre cleared it up in his post right away.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Mon, 21 October 2024 at 8:55 PM

Also, for the record, I'm trying to get a render out of LH2 that I would be OK with but so far no luck. I will keep trying.

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 21 October 2024 at 9:06 PM

ATM, I am not impressed with the figure, although I did place him and his morphs on my wishlist.  In the future, if the price is right, I will pull the trigger and welcome him into my runtime.  Until there is a convenient way to convert a wardrobe from another figure, I see no potential in using him in my renders.

Sunfire ( ) posted Mon, 21 October 2024 at 11:11 PM
Online Now!

I'm wondering where the lite version of L'H2 is. There was one for LF2.

Sunfire's Creations

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.