Fri, Sep 20, 3:49 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Handspan Studios Katia for Dina is up!!

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 02 November 2001 at 1:47 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 3:49 AM

Oooooo...I can hardly wait! I WILL have this by tomorrow night!! I'm gonna have fun this weekend...LOL! Thanks Ingrid, she looks fantastic!! Laurie

Mazak ( ) posted Fri, 02 November 2001 at 2:40 PM

Yes, Katia looks very good. But which clothes fit her? Do they make also clothes? (magnets etc..) Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 02 November 2001 at 2:46 PM

Even if she doesn't have clothes, it's the perfect excuse for me to practice painting them ;). It would be nice tho. Laurie

Mazak ( ) posted Fri, 02 November 2001 at 2:51 PM

-LOL- Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

Eowyn ( ) posted Fri, 02 November 2001 at 3:09 PM

She is gorgeous! I'm really tempted to buy her... too bad I can't really afford her :)

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 02 November 2001 at 3:34 PM

I can't afford her either, but who needs food? ;) I'll eat macaroni for a week (don't laugh I've done it for the sake of software...LOL). I know, I'm hopeless :o) Laurie

dcort ( ) posted Fri, 02 November 2001 at 3:54 PM

Ingrid does great characters, doesn't she? I think Ingrid is going to release a modified .cr2 version of my Basics Pack 1 for Dina sized to fit Katia.

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 02 November 2001 at 3:58 PM

Awesome! I'll have to look out for that one too ;). I'm gonna lose a lot of weight in the coming weeks what with the store here and at DAZ and Christmas coming. (I can only hope anyway...LOL). Laurie

Mazak ( ) posted Fri, 02 November 2001 at 4:08 PM

file_227955.jpg

Ingrid send me this picture. I have the BasicPack 1. I think I buy Katia :)

Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

dcort ( ) posted Fri, 02 November 2001 at 4:16 PM

Those textures look great. It looks like she's making good use of the two fabric layers. I'm not sure how Ingrid is marketing things, but the textures will also work on Basics Pack 1 for Natalia, Dina (regular), Posette, and Vicki.

HandspanStudios ( ) posted Fri, 02 November 2001 at 4:42 PM

Cool, I didn't know that :). I'm glad the textures will be more versatile. I like the 2 layers a lot, that was good thinking. I am still working on the textures and the stores sometimes take a little while testing, still I think it should be available next week sometime.

"Your work is to keep cranking the flywheel that turns the gears that spin the belt in the engine of belief that keeps you and your desk in midair."

Annie Dillard

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 02 November 2001 at 5:12 PM

Whelp, that clinches it for me ;). You don't have to twist my arm (like you had to anyway...LOL). Laurie

farang ( ) posted Fri, 02 November 2001 at 5:19 PM

Amazing.

fauve ( ) posted Fri, 02 November 2001 at 5:41 PM

So you've changed your mind about Dina the Prizefighter, Farang? :->

rain ( ) posted Fri, 02 November 2001 at 6:17 PM

file_227956.jpg

I like Katia a lot! :-)

michalki ( ) posted Fri, 02 November 2001 at 6:48 PM

Typical of all of Ingrid's products, which I have purchased frequently in the past, this one looks like a winner. I had no intention of acquiring Dina until I saw Katia. But now I'm convinced that, although I love V2, I have to have Dina and Katia. LaurieA will not be the only one eating macaroni for a while, it seems.

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 02 November 2001 at 7:00 PM

Rain, that's beautiful!! Oh geeze, I'm not sure I can wait til tomorrow night... michalki, I have some great macaroni recipes that I've amassed over the years...LOL! ;oP Laurie

Blackhearted ( ) posted Fri, 02 November 2001 at 8:27 PM

she looks good - definitely the best 'dina' ive seen yet, and you all know i was one of the biggest dina skeptics :) i just really wish that someone would give dina a set of realistic hips, and not the 12-year old boy hips that she seems to be constantly plagued with. i really like the widely spaced breasts - they look a lot more natural than even default vicky's, which look great in a push-up bra but look slightly too firm and artificial unless you tweak the dials for awhile.

Blackhearted ( ) posted Fri, 02 November 2001 at 8:30 PM

... after looking at mazak's image (just saw it now) i hope katia has a 'rotate forward' or 'bra' morph or something of the sort for her breasts. they look very natural when shes naked, but wearing clothing they look far too 'loose' for lack of a better word.

rain ( ) posted Fri, 02 November 2001 at 8:33 PM

Thanks, Laurie! I wasn't a fan of Dina's particularly but I really like her now (as Katia) and I think the whole figure is much improved. As someone who has boy hips (I have to buy jeans in the men's department :) I have no problem with that part of her anatomy :-)

MikeJ ( ) posted Fri, 02 November 2001 at 8:49 PM

Well, a month or so ago curiosity got the better of me so I went ahead and bought the Dina V character. Well, the body's great, but..err... well, uhh, the face is, you know, not exactly, or shall I say.... looking for an appropriate adjective..... Well, frankly, the "stock" Dina looks like a bulldog that a friend of mine has. Note though, that the particular pitbull to which I am referring is a little better looking than usual. A little. ;) So, I'm thinking, well, If I ever want to do a picture which requires a gal with some dude's face, there's Dina, right there, just hanging out gathering dust on my HD... I just was browsing through several forums and happened upon this thread. So, due to the solid reputation Ingrid of Handspan has, coupled with the opinions stated by the participants here, I decided to buy the Katia character, and she is really great. It's amazing, really. Gloria Vanderbilt wishes she could get so lucky as Dina has.... Thank you, Laurie, for pointing this out! :)

fauve ( ) posted Sat, 03 November 2001 at 12:41 AM

Yup. As someone who's made a bunch of Dina facial morphs, I have to say that Ingrid has finally suceeded in making a PrettyDina... :-> There's an awful lot of potential in Dina, and you definitely brought it out. Brava, Ingrid.

leather-guy ( ) posted Sat, 03 November 2001 at 12:57 AM

I bought Dina originally, because I liked the idea of having a really distinctive looking base character, and after peeking at the base mesh, I was excited at the prospect of her potential; between HS's Katia & DTHUREGRIF's Cherry Blossom (@GRC) I'm delighted to see that the potential is taking off! Bravo indeed!

HandspanStudios ( ) posted Sat, 03 November 2001 at 1:11 AM

Thanks everybody :). About the 'boy hips', I made the 'narrow hips' morph seperate so you can tweak it to your own tastes to some extent. In all the renders she's shown with the morph at 50%, meaning the hips can get narrower or wider. I have left all the beast morphs (and others) that came with the dina figure on, including an 'in' morph although I won't go so far as to say it's an ideal push up bra morph, it might do what you have in mind.

"Your work is to keep cranking the flywheel that turns the gears that spin the belt in the engine of belief that keeps you and your desk in midair."

Annie Dillard

MikeJ ( ) posted Sat, 03 November 2001 at 5:59 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_227959.jpg

I've been trying to do some decent thigh/hip/leg morphs for a while now. Trying to go for that "older" look, for lack of a better way to describe it. I made these morphs with 3DS Max 4 and the Habware .OBJ plugins. This is the standard Dina with a modified texture I was trying to get a different look with (textures definitely aren't my thing...).

Mazak ( ) posted Sat, 03 November 2001 at 6:09 AM

MikeJ Wow! Very feminine morph. Looking good. I hope you give the morph free g Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

MikeJ ( ) posted Sat, 03 November 2001 at 6:20 AM

Thank you Mazak. I am planning on doing that--making them available for free, once I've perfected them. There are some problems which you can't see in the picture above, but I'll hopefully have those worked out soon. For that matter, now that we finally have a pretty Dina-based character available, maybe I'll be motivated to work on them again. :)

Mazak ( ) posted Sat, 03 November 2001 at 6:24 AM

That sounds very good ;) Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

fauve ( ) posted Sat, 03 November 2001 at 1:05 PM

We actually have a couple of pretty Dinas now... dthurgrif's Cherry Blossom is very attractive, too.

HandspanStudios ( ) posted Sat, 03 November 2001 at 3:41 PM

Attached Link: http://www.handspanstudios.com/whatsnew.html

file_227961.jpg

Here's another preview of the clothing textures. If you'd like to see the unclothed render you can follow the link above.

Annie Dillard

x2000 ( ) posted Sat, 03 November 2001 at 4:24 PM

Hmm. Although I've stayed out of it so far, I've been following the whole Dina debate and while I credit her creator for attepting to break Daz's stranglehold on the market, I've always felt that Dina was one ugly lump of virtual flesh. I'm glad to see that someone has finally been able to make her into something attractive. I didn't think she had it in her. Great work, Ingrid. Care to turn some lead into gold while you're at it?

LaurieA ( ) posted Sat, 03 November 2001 at 5:23 PM

I knew that once the great character makers got hold of her great things would happen :). I really like Dina tho, even in her less attractive incarnations. She's not a raving beauty, but that's not always what I want. Sometimes I just want a model that looks like your average woman more than a model. And since Dina is so very morphable, she fits the bill nicely. But I have to admit, Katina is the most beautiful version of Dina that I've seen yet, and Diane and others have done very nice versions of her also. She can only get better, especially if she's seen as a viable contender in the Marketplace. Laurie

LaurieA ( ) posted Sat, 03 November 2001 at 5:25 PM

Oops...forgot to mention to Ingrid (again!) what a great job she did with Katina. She even managed to fix the rather odd looking collar bone, which is really great :). And the clothes textures I've seen so far look awesome! I think that once character creators and modelers see that there is a market for her, Dina will get better and better :). Thanks Ingrid for this lovely character! Laurie

HandspanStudios ( ) posted Sat, 03 November 2001 at 5:26 PM

Thanks but I can't take all the credit :). The people who designed the figure did so with morphs like this in mind. The high resolution means that she has much more potential to look completely different than any figure I've used before. If I had tried those same morphs on Vicki or Posette I would've had a lot of ugly 'noise' (unitended consequences of each morph) way before I got to this point. So thanks to those who designed Dina are definetely in order. I hope to do more characters with her, she's great to work with.

Annie Dillard

LaurieA ( ) posted Sat, 03 November 2001 at 5:39 PM

That is great news! I do so love your characters and I have a few (Sasha being my absolute fave...bought them under Daffy34 before I changed my username), but all your characters have those trademark large eyes that never cease to just jump right off the screen and grab me!...LOL. When I used to draw, I always drew people with over-large eyes and I suppose that's why your characters appeal to me so much :). It's just so great to see character creators of your caliber doing such nice things with Dina (she deserves it). Can't wait to see those clothes! Laurie

rain ( ) posted Sat, 03 November 2001 at 5:46 PM

More macaroni dinners :-) I love Handspan's characters too and have bought several of them. Never been disappointed in any of them. I was pleased when I heard she'd be working on Dina. I just knew she'd turn out alright :-) Claire

MikeJ ( ) posted Sun, 04 November 2001 at 2:46 AM

I'm sorry, it's almost 4:00 a.m. here and I'm all burned out and tired. Why am I even up? Anyhoo, I seem to be having some sort of reading comprehension problems right now, and all words look like little nonsensical blurs at the moment (coffee to be ready soon, I hope). So, my question is, where is this clothing pack? Or has it not been released yet? I want to buy it ASAP. :)

HandspanStudios ( ) posted Sun, 04 November 2001 at 3:11 AM

It hasn't been released yet. I am working on it now and am nearly finished.

Annie Dillard

MikeJ ( ) posted Sun, 04 November 2001 at 5:05 AM

Cool! I mean, Katia is beutiful, but I'm planning on doing some Winter scenes soon, so she definitely will need some clothing. Looking forward to seeing what you're making. Your products are wonderful. :)

HandspanStudios ( ) posted Tue, 13 November 2001 at 6:29 PM

Attached Link: http://www.dacort.com

file_227966.jpg

I've finished the clothing for Katia. It uses dcort's basics pack 01 which is available at his site. My textures and morphs for Katia are $8.50 so the total package is still a pretty good deal :). The textures will work with his basics pack 01s for Vicki, Natalia and Posette too but the Katia fit and style morphs will only work on the Dina version.

Annie Dillard

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.