Sat, Sep 21, 10:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Dew Drops

Maygen ( ) posted Fri, 02 November 2001 at 3:04 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 10:24 AM

file_228006.jpg

I've only posted to the photography section once although I stop by once a day to see whats new. Just thought I'd throw something in here to show that I'm keeping up w/ the daily threads. I rarely ever comment or post to the forum because it is a bit overwhelming, but what the hell, heres a pic. This is a pic of dew drops I found on a spiderweb in some of my plants a few mornings ago.

Slynky ( ) posted Fri, 02 November 2001 at 7:18 PM

Wow, nice lil'macro shot dude! Didn't know dew looked like that so close up. I'm a contrast freak, so up the contrast for lil'old me?

PhrankPower ( ) posted Fri, 02 November 2001 at 7:36 PM

Alpha (or anybody) I guess this sounds ignorant, but on this I am: How the hell do you scan a negative? There must be more to it that I know because the few times Ive tried, it came out horrible. Is there something special that needs to be done, or perhaps a special setting on the scanner (that I cant find)? Im doing something wrong.

Slynky ( ) posted Fri, 02 November 2001 at 7:51 PM

i guess you could scan a negative with a flatbed, but usually if yer gonna do something like that, you wanna use a negative specific scanner(they're not flatbed, they have a lil'slot for negatives). They dont come cheap, but they're all over the place. Give a look around, maybe you find something u like.

Maygen ( ) posted Sat, 03 November 2001 at 2:14 AM

Unfortunately this is a print scanned on a flat bed scanner. But oh how I long for a transparency / negative scanner lol. I'm hoping Santa will get the hint considering I've been hinting pretty darn freaking hard!

Maygen ( ) posted Sat, 03 November 2001 at 2:23 AM

file_228009.jpg

As per Slynky's oh so subtle request I twinked the shading balance a little.

PhrankPower ( ) posted Sat, 03 November 2001 at 8:22 AM

I guess it all depends on your monitor settings. It drives me crazy when I do something at home how different it looks at work, even though I've tried to calibrate both monitors the same. NE-ways the first one seems to be proper contrast here at home, and like Slynky, I'm a b&w contrast freak too. Really cool shot either way.

Caledonia ( ) posted Sat, 03 November 2001 at 2:42 PM

I think the contrast is good on this one. It looks neat with just the drops in focus but I'm curious to see how it looks with the leaves in focus too. You should post more often

JordyArt ( ) posted Sat, 03 November 2001 at 6:23 PM

Hey, niiiiiice pic! I love the depth of field in this; those blurred leaves are brill..... (",)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.