Mon, Sep 9, 5:33 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Another HairStyle underway.....

Anton_Kisiel ( ) posted Wed, 08 December 1999 at 12:39 AM ยท edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 2:11 AM

file_118587.jpg

This ones a shag. I love the 'inherit bend properties of' option when setting parent. These previews are without transmaps. Those come later. I want to do some 'bang' props. If anyone knows of any good hair 'trasparancy' tutorials, let me know, please. I'm very excited about these. Animations with great hair is fast becoming a reality. Anton

Maz ( ) posted Wed, 08 December 1999 at 3:17 AM

Anton, terrific! My only tiny, tiny criticism is that the hair cuts off too suddenly at the bottom, though I realise you're having to trade off accuracy against polygon count. As well as transparency tutorials is there any chance of a more general hair modelling tutorial for us mortals. I can make solid props like lamp posts and the like but I really struggle with 'soft' shapes like hair and bodies. For all the British members, is it my imagination or does she look like Joanna Lumley?

LoboUK ( ) posted Wed, 08 December 1999 at 3:33 AM

Anton, that is outstanding. Maz, you're right you know, that does look just like Joanna Lumley! Paul

Anton_Kisiel ( ) posted Wed, 08 December 1999 at 4:00 AM

I still have to do the Trans maps. All the edges will be fringy. I guess I should have put her in a french twist.

Chris ( ) posted Wed, 08 December 1999 at 4:14 AM

Hi Anton, the hair looks great! Here is the link for a transmap tutorial: http://www.vowel.or.jp/~kozaburo/tutorial/hair.html Chris

"It Is Useless To Resist!" - Darth Vader

Anton_Kisiel ( ) posted Wed, 08 December 1999 at 5:17 AM

Chris, Thanks alot. Their technique is the same as the one I finally came up with. I only wish I had seen that weeks ago. Oh well, off the the modeling board. :) Thanks again Anton Ps: Get ready for lots of hair.

Chris ( ) posted Wed, 08 December 1999 at 6:43 AM

Anton, no problem. Can't wait to see your new hair maps. Chris

"It Is Useless To Resist!" - Darth Vader

FishNose ( ) posted Wed, 08 December 1999 at 4:36 PM

This is beautiful, Anton! Very promising! :]FishNose

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.