Wed, Oct 9, 10:12 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser Technical

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

Poser Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 11:55 pm)

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum.

Where computer nerds can Pull out their slide rules and not get laughed at. Pocket protectors are not required. ;-)

This is the place you come to ask questions and share new ideas about using the internal file structure of Poser to push the program past it's normal limits.

New users are encouraged to read the FAQ sections here and on the Poser forum before asking questions.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Please: why somany translate/offset channels; cleaning laptop screens

Anthony Appleyard ( ) posted Thu, 25 October 2001 at 3:52 AM · edited Thu, 15 August 2024 at 4:09 AM

Please, what does each actor in a CR2 file have so many movement channels? Each actor has these:-
xOffsetA xOffset
TranslateX xTran
xOffsetB xTranB

and their Y and Z equivalents. Why this triplication? What are these channels all for? Why do the x/y/zOffset parameter dials keep appearing and disappearing?

What is the best way to clean screens of laptops?

bloodsong ( ) posted Thu, 25 October 2001 at 6:53 PM

heyas; the offset a and b are the center points and endpoints. its my hypothesis that they are duplicated in the channels section (there's also a 'center' and 'endpoint' entry after the channels section) for when they become visible with the joint editor. those parameter dials appear when you have the joint editor open. it is similar to when you turn on the 'display origin' for a prop. you get the origin offset dials to move the center via them. the translate channels are the actual movement dials.

Jim Burton ( ) posted Fri, 26 October 2001 at 9:04 AM

file_225046.jpg

I do know you can delete some of them, when I did the makeup case I just removed the lines, if I recall I deleted all the tran and rotate channnels I didn't actually use, and I set the rest to hidden, when you click on the lid there is only one dial, "open", naught else. I did find that some are required, though! Oh, the case is a figure, (even though it doesn't look a bit like SMV!), not a prop.

pragask ( ) posted Wed, 07 November 2001 at 3:09 AM

I do know that the translate channels are translate values for the actor in the 3 degrees of freedom . The offset channels don't appear to have any functionality . I suspect that they may be an obselete poser transform operation that hasn't been updated . This may also apply to the scales that refer to multiple child actors and the smooth channels ??? I think that the joint channels that matter are - I) Channels section : 1. origin 2. orientation 3. startPoint 4. endPoint II) SubChannels section : 1. angles 2. center 3. startPt 4. endPt 5. bulges 6. spheresMatsRaw SpheresMatsRaw, by the way is a 4 X 4 matrix transform of a sphere for the inner and outer matSpheres in the joints editing section of poser - hence the 8 descriptive lines .

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.