Wed, Sep 25, 3:17 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Finding an older copy of bryce

eagroop ( ) posted Mon, 05 November 2001 at 11:29 AM ยท edited Wed, 25 September 2024 at 3:16 PM

I recenty purchased Byrce 5 (update)$150 and found out I cant update from my previous version Byrce 2. Does anyone know where I can find an older full version either Bryce 3d or 4. After searching the web all I could find was Bryce 4 at $170, this is more expensive than if I would have bought the full version of Byrce 5. So far no luck on ebay either.

wolf359 ( ) posted Mon, 05 November 2001 at 11:51 AM

3d world magazine has given bryce 3d away on the cover CD
and 4( i think) recently

My website

YouTube Channel

gdavis3d ( ) posted Mon, 05 November 2001 at 2:45 PM

From what I have found out here and on the Bryce101 group on Yahoo! Groups, the version of Bryce3D given away by 3D World Magazine will NOT work. As for Bryce 4, as far as I know, they have only given away the demo not a full version. If they have, I doubly bummed (first for not being able to upgrade from 3D to 5 and then missing out on 4).

WoostaChris ( ) posted Mon, 05 November 2001 at 3:30 PM

As for Bryce 4, as far as I know, they have only given away the demo not a full version. If they have, I doubly bummed (first for not being able to upgrade from 3D to 5 and then missing out on 4).< Uh, I really thought you could upgrade to B5 from B3D...? It was my understanding that once you bought it, you'd have to call Corel and they would authorize the previous serial number and provide you with a good B5 upgrade serial.

Wadus ( ) posted Mon, 05 November 2001 at 5:54 PM

I think its the 3d World Bryce 3D that you cant upgrade... if you bought Bryce 3D then you should be able to upgrade, I might be wrong tho

brycetech ( ) posted Mon, 05 November 2001 at 11:57 PM

if you bought bryce2, you can call corel for the upgrade number. Unless things have changed, the upgrade was applicable to any PURCHASED version. It did indeed not apply to the freebees such as that in 3dworld. BT

EricofSD ( ) posted Tue, 06 November 2001 at 12:02 AM

Call corel and raise hell. Anyone to update from B2 has my appreciation. You've missed a lot. If corel didn't disclose on the box that its not for B2 then you have a right to demand a fix or your refund. If I were you, I'd demand a fix because B5 is quite the cat's meow compared to B2.

Phantast ( ) posted Tue, 06 November 2001 at 4:50 AM

Upgrading from the free version of Bryce3 to Bryce4 WAS possible. So I don't know why upgrading it to 5 shouldn't be.

brittmccary ( ) posted Tue, 06 November 2001 at 12:47 PM

I did the same thing, - and discovered the same problem. I called Corel, - gave them my version 2 serial Number, - and I got an "unlock key". That wasn't any problems at all. In fact the support was VERY good. :) Just call the 800-number on the software box. Good luck. Britt

okcdude ( ) posted Wed, 07 November 2001 at 9:34 PM

I called Corel and quickly got a new key to upgrade from Bryce 3d. I was surprised, and very impressed, to actually get an answer on a Saturday afternoon. A very pleasant experience after opening the box and finding the upgrade wouldn't work with B3D without a call to Corel!

brittmccary ( ) posted Wed, 07 November 2001 at 9:57 PM

:) Great! Britt

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.