Thu, Sep 19, 9:08 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 3:46 am)

Subject: Making Veins?

Bigballa111cmb ( ) posted Thu, 08 November 2001 at 9:27 PM · edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 5:57 PM

Does anybody know how I can make realstic looking human viesns for poser texturing. Basically using adobe photoshop.

AprilYSH ( ) posted Thu, 08 November 2001 at 9:31 PM

dunno about realistic (check out my freebies, the palest ones) - but the way i do it is set the brush size to fall off in however many number of steps, then... just brush around... :) choosing the colour and opacity is also important. sorry to be so useless there, i can't explain without pictures.

[ Store | Freebies | Profile ]

a sweet disorder in the dress kindles in clothes a wantoness,
do more bewitch me than when art is too precise in every part

Bigballa111cmb ( ) posted Thu, 08 November 2001 at 9:45 PM

I am really looking for something for micheal.

PabloS ( ) posted Thu, 08 November 2001 at 10:04 PM

I saw a tutorial a few months back that explained a post-rendering process using Photoshop. From what I recall it was a lot like what AprilYSH mentions and would probably be useful, however; I don't remember where I saw it--could have been within this forum--might try a search.

Thorgrim ( ) posted Fri, 09 November 2001 at 12:04 AM

file_230372.jpg

I find it easier to draw veins right on the figure with Painter 3D or Deep Paint 3D using a stylus and tablet. If you play around with brush settings you can get a rounded look. The main problem I found was that the texture maps for the different body parts are different sizes. If you draw a vein down the forearm it gets really huge when you get to the hand so you have to adjust your brush for that. I also found the book "An Atlas of Anatomy for Artists" by Fritz Schider very helpful as it has a lot of surface anatomy pictures.

MaxxArcher ( ) posted Fri, 09 November 2001 at 12:56 AM

Love your texture, Thorgrim! Im working on something to resolve the vein problem. Dont hold your breath waiting for it, though, Ive got motor oil in mine... Maxx

AprilYSH ( ) posted Fri, 09 November 2001 at 1:37 AM

good one!!! is that by bump mapping or still texture?

[ Store | Freebies | Profile ]

a sweet disorder in the dress kindles in clothes a wantoness,
do more bewitch me than when art is too precise in every part

Thorgrim ( ) posted Fri, 09 November 2001 at 11:14 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?ViewSoftgood=2818

The veins were done via bump maping the texture was left unchanged for the veins. The texture is called Paco by Quim Abeela with a tint added by me. It's available here at the store. I really like it.

Bigballa111cmb ( ) posted Sat, 10 November 2001 at 9:55 AM

Are there any good tutorials for painting veins are should i use a real photo and edit it.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.