Fri, Oct 4, 2:19 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: City 5-Stage 2-Opinions Please

KenS ( ) posted Fri, 10 December 1999 at 4:14 AM · edited Sat, 17 August 2024 at 7:01 AM

file_118668.jpg

OK, Ive started on stage 2, Ive asdded a small housing section and the gas station, Im not to sure of what I think about the stations location, I might bring it outside of the street and maybe put it on the street corner. I dont yet. what do you guys think ?

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Fri, 10 December 1999 at 8:39 AM

Hey there .. Great work so far but here is an opinion like you asked for. The station is a little off centered in the corner so there is more room on the right than the left. It should probably be pushed back some to allow for more traffic. It allows might be good to put it on the other corner toward the rear, the reason is that traditionally there is some sort of buffer between housing and smelly old gas stations. You might add a playset or laundry area in the center of the housing complex. Just would give it that added touch. Those are just being critical though. Awesome stuff so far and much needed.

ClintH ( ) posted Fri, 10 December 1999 at 9:10 AM

FT - Cool deal! Thats coming along nice. I would turn the gas station 45 degrees to the ummm...left so that it faces the long street to left of the image... Other than that...looking wonderful. Clint

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

KenS ( ) posted Fri, 10 December 1999 at 3:51 PM

Thanks for the input, I really like the laundry idea Macbeth I was thinking of adding a fence to a couple of the yards in the housing area, but that would probably make things a little tight for the inhabitants. Im thinking of a post office, gas station and maybe a small store on the other side of the street to the right of the houses. Ill add an extension out from the street go give everyone plenty of parking room, I guess that means I need to make a parking lot texture now:)

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Sat, 11 December 1999 at 2:13 AM

Perhaps a bus stop and benches. Great work FastTraxx. Im using your other city in a current project soon to be done hopefully.

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”

Greywolf Starkiller ( ) posted Sat, 11 December 1999 at 10:17 AM

Great work, FT! It's people like you that allow modeling morons like me, to do good images. Though I do seem to be getting the hang of Bryce booleans, Terrain editing and lattice work are still beyond me. :) Greywolf

Lyrra ( ) posted Sun, 12 December 1999 at 11:55 PM

Is just me or does it remind anyone else of Simcity? :) Which means you need to add one of those 1950's all-nite burger bars. Can I put in an advance request for a medeival/rennaisance city? I can't find one - I'm having trouble making one - and I can't afford to buy one :( SO I figured I'd ask the city builder :) It's getting me seriously stuck on one picture which is getting me too frustrated to work on anything else.

cloudclimber ( ) posted Mon, 13 December 1999 at 7:17 PM

hi ft being an architect, and startet to use bryce 4 for a week now, i'd love to see more cities. i made a little sketch of my idea, but dunno how 2 post it here. send me your direct email, and i'll send it 2 u. ( or explain me how 2 post an image here in this forum) i checked out your other work too and like it a lot ! keep on !

lynnJonathan ( ) posted Tue, 14 December 1999 at 1:53 AM

VERY NICE!!! I can picture all the cars and people going up and down the streets. I've seen your other stuff too and before you know it your going have a whole state finished. It all looks great. I saw your other render of the gas station and thought don't forget- there are usually a little dirtier. especially the pavement(trash, oil spills, and other nasty stuff). You appear to be a very good texture artist for sure. I tried to download some of your stuff and check-em out but I use a mac. I just get objects with no geometry. they have tuxtures though. Does anybody out there know if it's possable to open a PC bryce file on a Mac version of bryce?

KenS ( ) posted Tue, 14 December 1999 at 2:13 AM

yes it is possible, all we do(as far as objects go) is add the obp extension and they work just fine. Thanks again for all the kind words, I Do appreciate them. I got your sketches also CloudClimber, thanks.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.