Mon, Sep 16, 10:46 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 16 7:48 pm)

Subject: Rope Bridge further along

smerc ( ) posted Sat, 17 November 2001 at 5:19 PM ยท edited Mon, 09 September 2024 at 4:49 PM

file_235102.jpg

I have a the hierarchy set up like a snake, except for the broke pieces of plank. The broken pieces of plank are a child of the nearest piece of the main chain. Like so: #This file generated by PHI Builder V2.0 objFile :Runtime:Geometries:smerc:rope_bridge.obj 1 base yxz 2 seg1 xyz 3 seg2 xyz 4 seg3 xyz 5 seg4 xyz 6 seg5 xyz 7 seg6 xyz 8 seg7 xyz 9 seg8 xyz 10 seg9 xyz 11 seg10 xyz 12 seg11 xyz 13 seg12 xyz 9 plank7a xyz 9 plank7b xyz 9 plank7c xyz 9 plank7d xyz 8 plank6a xyz 8 plank6b xyz 8 plank6c xyz 8 plank6d xyz 4 plank2a xyz 4 plank2b xyz 4 plank2c xyz 4 plank2d xyz 2 end xyz In poser I have turned the bend feeature off for the planks, but they still affect the parent unless I turn bend off the the parent also. IE I turn off bend for plank2a, I also have to turn off bend for seg2 also. (I do not want the turning plank to affect the parent) Is there another parameter I can change (reduce) so that the turning plank does not affect the parent? I have seen reference to spherical falloff zones, but I do not see how to adjust them. smerc

GROINGRINDER ( ) posted Sun, 18 November 2001 at 12:45 AM

Looks cool. What is this modeled in?

smerc ( ) posted Sun, 18 November 2001 at 10:14 AM

Modeled in Rhino, assigned groups in UVmapper, hierarchry assigned with PHI Builder.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.