Sat, Sep 21, 6:53 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Possible Simple Shapes---advice needed. (two)

Maygen ( ) posted Tue, 20 November 2001 at 5:01 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 6:52 AM

file_235640.jpg

I guess uploading the image helps huh? :P In this one the bowl seems to take away from the eggs a bit. Also thought the lighting may be a bit harsh. If these dont work I've been toying around with some other simple shapes I may be posting soon.

Slynky ( ) posted Tue, 20 November 2001 at 5:11 PM

THIS PIC RAWKS! I'd say enter this one instead of the other one, BUT, not so sure it conforms to the simple shapes rule thingiemabob. Mainly because we can't see the full shape of any egg, and the bowl isn't just a circle anymore. It's one to ask the mods, but if it passes, I'd vote for this one before the first pic you posted. Makes me think I'm seeing a flying saucer. ry

Slynky ( ) posted Tue, 20 November 2001 at 6:05 PM

ya, be cool if only the eggs were lit up as they were without anything else... kewl either way

Misha883 ( ) posted Tue, 20 November 2001 at 6:34 PM

file_235641.jpg

I love your image! Don't know how the judges would interpret the rules, so don't have an opinion on that. But I love the way this shows how light plays with simple objects. Here's one I made while teaching a class years ago: rule then was everything had to be white! [Yours would have gotten an A+ had the class been graded.]

Maygen ( ) posted Tue, 20 November 2001 at 7:59 PM

The one color challenge definitly sounds like something I would have fun with. I have to say I admire the steady hand you used in stacking those eggs!!! Maybe I'm just butterfingered but my eggs werent quite so cooperative. :)

bsteph2069 ( ) posted Tue, 20 November 2001 at 8:14 PM

The secret is glue!!! which would come in handy if one wanted to make a pyramid or eggs! Seriously I like the first one no the second, I don't know they are both brillant. Hey Maygen to you have a hot glue gun? You could glue the eggs togeather then photograph them free standing or place a white sheet on a table but put toothpics under it to stop the egs from rolling. In this way you can stack them without the bowel. OR simply use a clear glass bowel! hah imagine that!!! Never mine me I often overlook the simple solution. Bsteph

Misha883 ( ) posted Tue, 20 November 2001 at 8:42 PM

In order to make an omelet you have to break... No, different metaphore entirely. I still like your images. If the challenge sparks interest, it is serving a useful purpose.

Syyd ( ) posted Wed, 21 November 2001 at 6:48 AM

Wow, seeing all this kind of work is inspiring...to just try things.....I have to say I find this image beautiful, and find that such simple things like an egg to hold great visual beauty, I know it sounds weird, but its not about an egg, its about shape and light, and it works.

Maygen ( ) posted Wed, 21 November 2001 at 3:55 PM

note to self: must buy glue gun!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.