Mon, Sep 23, 9:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Control the color of a drop shadow

mickey2 ( ) posted Sat, 24 November 2001 at 9:20 PM · edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 9:26 PM

Hi gang, quick question, when you double click on a text layer, and the window opens for effects to the text. How do you change the color of the drop shadow?

Beretta619 ( ) posted Sun, 25 November 2001 at 12:56 AM

file_237604.JPG

See my screenshot (sorry it's so crappy, I run high res and the files tend to be pretty large. Had to really compress it)

mickey2 ( ) posted Sun, 25 November 2001 at 3:00 AM

Hi, thanks but I use Photoshop 6, and beside blend mode there is no acess to the color picker!!

Beretta619 ( ) posted Sun, 25 November 2001 at 3:20 AM

That screenshot is from Photoshop 6. (Well.. 6.01 if you wanna be technical) Have you actually clicked on the words "Drop Shadow"? Not just put a check in the checkbox, but actually clicked on the words themselves? (Hence my arrow and instructions) =) Can I assume that you are using a PC? (That's what the screenshot is from. A PC running Adobe Photoshop 6.01) If you have a MacIntosh (ugh) your mileage may vary

mickey2 ( ) posted Sun, 25 November 2001 at 3:29 AM

Thanks you so much I feel like such a nuckle head, problem solved, have a great day!!!

Beretta619 ( ) posted Sun, 25 November 2001 at 3:34 AM

Glad to be of help =) (Don't feel bad. I never even realized that one could change the color of the drop shadow. I only investigated because of your question. I knew about the options and stuff, but had never even noticed the option to change the color. I can think of a dozen things this is going to come in handy for!!)

Kiera ( ) posted Sun, 25 November 2001 at 6:08 AM

Side tip: If you right click on the drop shadow effect section beneath the layer name (make sure the effect arrow points down so that all the effects are showing) you can use the "create layers" option to move your drop shadow to its own layer. Then you can use the hue/saturation controls, noise filter, transformations (scale, perspective, etc) to control drop shadows more precisely.

mickey2 ( ) posted Sun, 25 November 2001 at 10:06 AM

Man I'm excited guys!!!!!! I love this stuff!!!!!

mickey2 ( ) posted Sun, 25 November 2001 at 10:22 AM

Sorry kieraw, I must just be slow today, but I can't find the place to right click, to get to "create layers" help, maybe a screen shot, they say a picture is worth a thousand words! (:) Thanks!!

Kiera ( ) posted Sun, 25 November 2001 at 11:22 AM

Argh, my PS6 machine is being used to render a big bryce scene at the moment. Let's see if I can explain it better. In the layers palette, you will see the Layer name and a little arrow to the right of it if there are layer effects applied. Click on the little arrow so it points downwards, revealing all the effects. Right click in the effects list, and you will get a popup menu. Choose the option "Create Layers" and it will create layers for each effect applied. Warning! Not all layer effects translate to their own layers very well. I usually aplly a drop shadow first, create a layer out of that, then apply my other effects separately. That help? If not I can post a screenshot later, after my scene has finished rendering.

mickey2 ( ) posted Sun, 25 November 2001 at 11:35 AM

OKAY,OKAY,OKAY, (smiling kinda silly) I see it, and I'm off and running, this is really a cool thingy !!! thanks so very much for your patience, you are great see ya!!

Slynky ( ) posted Mon, 26 November 2001 at 9:50 AM

make sure you keep playing. ITs the only way to learn.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.