Fri, Sep 20, 1:50 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 8:42 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Mojoworld Forum

jarm ( ) posted Wed, 21 November 2001 at 1:50 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 1:49 PM

Hi all www.pandromeda.com have released a new 3D app called Mojoworld, as somebody who has just ordered this program I am wondering if there are any users here at Renderosity who would like a forum for Mojoworld. Best wishes Jody

rcook ( ) posted Wed, 21 November 2001 at 1:09 PM

It has been suggested before, but not enough interest was shown. Maybe it'll be different now that the product is out of beta. Russell

jarm ( ) posted Wed, 21 November 2001 at 4:21 PM

Hope so, 3d Commune has one

Ironbear ( ) posted Fri, 23 November 2001 at 7:51 PM

I'm curious how many members we have that use the program here? I've been playing with it off and on, but haven't had time to explore it in depth.

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

• Monkeysmell

EricofSD ( ) posted Wed, 28 November 2001 at 7:33 AM

Attached Link: http://www.pandromeda.com

I haven't bought it yet, but the beta is real nice. I'd like to see a forum start up as well. I suggested it to the beta team and let them know about this thread so maybe between those folks and the release buyers there will be interest. For those who are interested, check out the free version at the link above. The program comes in two parts. The Transporter (the freebie) is where you move around in the different worlds to find that personal place for a render, or even a movie. If you want to create your own worlds and import objects, etc, then you need the Generator which is the purchase part of the program. There are a few sample worlds available at the web site so go check it out.

EricofSD ( ) posted Wed, 28 November 2001 at 7:38 AM

file_235742.jpg

Sample render from one of the MojoWorld files found at the site.

EricofSD ( ) posted Wed, 28 November 2001 at 7:40 AM

file_235743.jpg

A little post rendering makes them nice too.

KenMusgrave ( ) posted Wed, 28 November 2001 at 11:09 AM

Bring it on! We'd sure like to see a MojoWorld forum here at Renderosity. But then, I would, wouldn't I? ;-) -Mo

KenMusgrave ( ) posted Wed, 28 November 2001 at 11:13 AM

BTW, there a bunch of MojoWorld files available in our galleries at pandromeda.com. Any place you see the stylized "X" logo by an image, QTVR or movie, clicking on that "X" will download the world file that created that image. Enjoy! -Mo

KenMusgrave ( ) posted Wed, 28 November 2001 at 11:15 AM

Bring it on! We'd sure like to see a MojoWorld forum here at Renderosity. But then, I would, wouldn't I? ;-) -Mo

jarm ( ) posted Wed, 28 November 2001 at 12:00 PM

I have my fingers crossed Mo :-)

Ironbear ( ) posted Wed, 28 November 2001 at 7:17 PM

Heh heh. But, but, but... of COURSE you would, Dr. Musgrave. ;]

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

• Monkeysmell

EricofSD ( ) posted Wed, 28 November 2001 at 11:42 PM

One thing that I've noticed is the enthusiasm not only of the designers but also the users of the program. When I first got into Bryce, the 'cult' following was important to a newbie like me. I'd bet the MW forum would just be packed with helpful tips and nice folks who want to share technical tricks. Its especially nice to see Doc Mo so active in helping others with his creation. Congrats!

jba ( ) posted Thu, 29 November 2001 at 7:38 AM

yeah, I'm up for a MJW forum too. The community vibe is nice and yes, it is something new to be 'in on' at an early stage. Lots of enthusiastic users out there. And believe me you will need plenty of enthusiasm to get your head round the MJW generator. . . ;-) best, Jonathan

jarm ( ) posted Thu, 29 November 2001 at 7:58 AM

I'm happy to be a moderator of the forum. Any ideas where we go from here with getting Renderosity Admin to set it up? I suppose we could trap them in a parametric universe and refuse to let them out. best wishes Jody

KenMusgrave ( ) posted Thu, 29 November 2001 at 10:38 AM

HEY! Watch it, Jonathan! >;^) -Mo

rcook ( ) posted Sun, 02 December 2001 at 11:25 AM

We're currently considering a Mojoworld forum. Thanks for the feedback! Russell

rpreblick ( ) posted Thu, 27 December 2001 at 12:01 AM

Attached Link: http://home.earthlink.net/~rpreblick

file_235744.jpg

Ah, I see someone else has the same idea I did...we need MojoWorld at Renderosity!

As far as a cult following, well, I guess I'm one of 'em! Been using Bryce for awhile but MojoWorld creates what I was always trying to get Bryce to do. Still love Bryce - but MojoWorld is currently at the top of my list - now I'm studying parameterized fractals at night for fun! Ack!!! ;-)

-Rex Preblick
Atlanta, GA

Ironbear ( ) posted Thu, 27 December 2001 at 12:04 AM

Eeewwwww! That'll hurt your brain, Rex. Trust me. ;] [Been doing the same thing lately, off and on, that's how I know.]

• Monkeysmell

rpreblick ( ) posted Thu, 27 December 2001 at 8:14 PM

Yeah, that's the truth! I really hope as some of us start to grok this whole thing we'll be able to do the writeups that will help others on an easier path. I haven't done this much math stuff since I was developing a GPS tracking system about 4 years ago. Curvature of the earth and all that...ugh. [Brain expanding...pain...pain] ;-) But I believe MojoWorld is worth it...it's really an amazing program! -Rex Preblick Atlanta, GA

Ironbear ( ) posted Fri, 28 December 2001 at 12:13 AM

Differential Calc in late high school was worse, but at least this has immediately practical applications. ;]

• Monkeysmell

Doc Mojo ( ) posted Mon, 31 December 2001 at 5:22 AM

So, you're saying that MojoWorld doesn't have immediately practical applications, Ironbear? >;^) -Mo

Ironbear ( ) posted Mon, 31 December 2001 at 5:30 AM

Rereads preceeding post Er... where did I say that, Doc? In or out of context? ;]

• Monkeysmell

Doc Mojo ( ) posted Mon, 31 December 2001 at 6:09 AM

Aw, I was just trying to yank your chain, is all. >;^) -Mo Obnoxious

Ironbear ( ) posted Mon, 31 December 2001 at 6:12 AM

Don't look now, but that wasn't my chain... ;]

• Monkeysmell

Doc Mojo ( ) posted Mon, 31 December 2001 at 6:30 AM

D'OH!!!

Ironbear ( ) posted Mon, 31 December 2001 at 6:55 AM

Ahem We'll just say it never happened. ;] So... how do you think the Bears will do this season? snicker

• Monkeysmell

Doc Mojo ( ) posted Mon, 31 December 2001 at 7:51 AM

Hibernating? ;-)

rcook ( ) posted Fri, 04 January 2002 at 9:51 AM

We now have a Mojoworld Forum and Art Gallery. Russell

Ironbear ( ) posted Fri, 04 January 2002 at 10:27 AM

Coolness. Thanks. ;] Now to dust off my copy and see what it's really made of. [hrmmm... looks like standard CD plastic, so far... ]

• Monkeysmell

Doc Mojo ( ) posted Fri, 04 January 2002 at 5:23 PM

This is great news, Russel! Thanks! Ironbear: I received email that you've emailed me at 3D Commune. Alas, no message in my inbox. I only get about half the mail sent to me there... Best to use . -Mo

rpreblick ( ) posted Fri, 04 January 2002 at 6:42 PM

Woo Hoo! Thank you Russell, I appreciate it!!! -Rex Preblick Atlanta, GA

Ironbear ( ) posted Sat, 05 January 2002 at 4:05 AM

Yeah... np. I'm wondering if the site mail still works even. I haven't gotten a mail since right before xmass, and have no idea if my reply on that one made it out. Oh well. Have to get Greg to chase the bugs again. ;]

• Monkeysmell

Doc Mojo ( ) posted Sat, 05 January 2002 at 5:13 AM

I guess text in angle brackets disappears here. I meant "use musgrave@pandromeda.com". -Mo

Ironbear ( ) posted Sat, 05 January 2002 at 5:17 AM

It does. Reads it as HTML I think and eats it. ;]

• Monkeysmell

rcook ( ) posted Sat, 05 January 2002 at 11:12 AM

Not exactly Ironbear. The text is in the database exactly as typed. It's also on this page, exactly as typed. Do a View Source on the page and see for yourself. :) Blame it on your browser. We just hand back exactly what was typed. Russell

Ironbear ( ) posted Sat, 05 January 2002 at 11:15 AM

Works for me. I try to avoid "view source", more info than I care for a lot of times. ;]

• Monkeysmell

rcook ( ) posted Sat, 05 January 2002 at 11:31 AM

What?!? You don't like looking at my "artwork"?!? :) Russell

Ironbear ( ) posted Sat, 05 January 2002 at 11:36 AM

Sorry. No rating boxes, no hot20, no "Coming SOON to the marketplace!" - just doesn't grab me. ;] Oh what the heck. This page is pretty artistic. I'll give it a "9". Would have been a "10", but you neglected to anti-aliase your boldface. ;]

• Monkeysmell

rcook ( ) posted Sat, 05 January 2002 at 11:51 AM

file_235750.jpg

Hmmm ... well ... how's this for an anti-aliased boldface? :-ppp

Russell

Ironbear ( ) posted Sat, 05 January 2002 at 11:54 AM

snicker Hrmmm... I refuse to rate this one on the grounds that you'd ban me for "trolling". ;]

• Monkeysmell

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.