Wed, Oct 9, 12:21 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 07 10:52 pm)

Subject: Today's POTD at e-on's site

gebe ( ) posted Fri, 30 November 2001 at 3:28 AM · edited Wed, 09 October 2024 at 12:21 PM

That' a nice image and well done in Vue. The original image were created by someone else. Have a look to both : http://www.raph.com/3dartists/artgallery/johannes_schlorb1.jpg and http://e-onsoftware.com/Gallery/Day.php?Index=0

Tomy ( ) posted Fri, 30 November 2001 at 4:19 AM

one is ultra-realistic (there's a real work on textures, lighting, composition...) & the other one looks like... shit ; this is PITIFUL.

tradivoro ( ) posted Fri, 30 November 2001 at 8:23 AM

Yeah, that's a pretty amazing composition there... These are the guys that should be writing a book on Vue d'Esprit...

Varian ( ) posted Fri, 30 November 2001 at 10:03 AM

Johannes's image (at raph.com) was created in 3ds Max. Looks like Neal did a very good imitation of it using Vue.

MightyPete ( ) posted Fri, 30 November 2001 at 3:09 PM

Ha Ha Ha, The Mighty Vue blows the max away. There is no comparison. Somebody should grab them pictures before they disappear. What is max worth? Thing is sure Max can probibly even do it better than Vue if you have a couple of years to figure out how to make it perfect. Life is too short I don't have years for one render.

LaurieA ( ) posted Sat, 01 December 2001 at 1:38 AM

Actually, I think they both look really nice. As much as I hate to say it, I prefer the 3dsmax one (don't everyone kill me!). It has more detail and the lighting is more realistic (not a huge fan of lens flares ;)). It could be too that the Vue image is much, much smaller and I can't see as much detail. They are both very nice :). Laurie

tradivoro ( ) posted Sat, 01 December 2001 at 2:08 AM

Yeah, I'll tell you, I wish Eon would get a little more real about these POTD restrictions, like the picture's gotta be the size of a thumbnail, it's gotta be 70k big, etc, etc... I mean, I'm not saying have humongous renders, but also, not this teeny tiny thing.. That was ok in 1997... Not in 2001... :)

MightyPete ( ) posted Sat, 01 December 2001 at 6:04 AM

Ya you'd think they would allow a link to a real big picture. Like hey man it's free advertising for them if they would just think about it. They look lickable on a 21" monitor BTW. Pretty silly.

Varian ( ) posted Sat, 01 December 2001 at 12:35 PM

When the subject of this PotD came up on the YahooGroups Vue d'Esprit list, a few folks thought Neil should have credited Johannes in some manner. Happily, Neil himself posted to the list in response, and he gave me permission to reproduce his message here: ---- > From: Neil Parkinson > To: > Sent: Saturday, December 01, 2001 12:34 AM > Subject: Re: [vuedesprit] Today's POTD to All > > > Hi, > > > > I would like to apologise for omitting the reference to the original > > image/artist. > > > > I had been playing with trying to recreate the lighting effect from the > > photo and in that I failed as the reflections from my model didn't > > workout. It was a faux pas on my part in submitting it for POD with > > out this reference to the original attached and I can assure you all it > > won't happen again with respect to omitting a reference or displaying an > > image based on another image. > > > > I hope you all can forgive my transgression. > > > > Have fun > > Neil > > > > -- > > This message came to you from Parkie's place > > 22 Taylor Street,Ohauiti,Tauranga,New Zealand > > Home Page: http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~parkie/ > > > > ---- Thanks, Neil! :)

Flywaver ( ) posted Sun, 02 December 2001 at 9:31 AM

I agree with Laurie, the max render is much more realistic as it's got a better ambient lighting. The light reflection on the floor is uneven which gives it a less "CG look". Both are still nice though. Cheers!

gebe ( ) posted Sun, 02 December 2001 at 10:26 AM

Johannes Schlb: He did not create only the image you know, but there are really great City pictures and more at http://www.schloerb.com/ Click at the "WATCH" button to enter the galleries. WOW ! Guitta

Flywaver ( ) posted Sun, 02 December 2001 at 10:43 AM

Yup...seen his work, it's impressive especially the latest work as he might be using one of max's GI plugins. :) Cheers!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.