Thu, Sep 19, 9:59 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Do you ever get sick of your own images?

Speller-photodesign ( ) posted Wed, 05 December 2001 at 10:34 AM ยท edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 9:42 PM

file_240912.jpg

Just a general poll really, I find that when i show people my photographs, it can be hard for me to get excited about them. I get tired of them so fast. There are a few "classics" that i still like but because i've seen them so much sometimes they seem to fall in the cliche category for me, even though they might not be to the general public. An example would be this one old man and baby. One of my first ever blacka and whites, i was incredibly proud of it at the time (and i still like the exposure) but the subject seems overdone and cliche to me. Though this was about 5 years ago, before the anne geddes baby hipe. Ugh anne geddes, i appreciate her skill, but i always feel sorry for the little kids used so commercially.

Speller-photodesign ( ) posted Wed, 05 December 2001 at 10:39 AM

file_240915.jpg

Shoot! I goofed, must have save over it when i was using the oldman-baby image as a size template fore posting. Ooops anyway here's the one i MEANT to talk about. DOH -Nathan Speller

Slynky ( ) posted Wed, 05 December 2001 at 10:45 AM

instead we see one of your finer images, rawk man. I already commented on this one yesterday. VERY nice use of lighting.

Slynky ( ) posted Wed, 05 December 2001 at 10:46 AM

oh, and yes, I do really get sick of my own stuff, which is prolly why Im always looking through photo books for new ideas and techniques to try, or, in some cases (Lil glow Worm, and that other one) inventing my own methods.

Speller-photodesign ( ) posted Wed, 05 December 2001 at 10:58 AM

yeah i like the glow worm slynky. And you know what i also hate? The same problem that you mentioned on that image, dark monitors. I have a VERY bright, nice monitor, but i turn it down to about 85% because that's what it seems my monitors at work are at about. Ugh frustrating to think some of the detail in the shadows are just not showing up.

SueO ( ) posted Wed, 05 December 2001 at 11:14 AM

Both of these are wonderful images, and SO different from each other. I get sick of my own images, yes. Sue

Slynky ( ) posted Wed, 05 December 2001 at 11:31 AM

I was working on a mac for that image. I thought that because mac gamma is fairly bright compared to pc gamma, that detail would be lost, but it all worked out. Best thing is to tune your monitor to a pantone colour profile, work in a room that has NaturaL light bulbs, and to let your screen warm up for half an hour before doing any hardcore work.

R3MAF ( ) posted Thu, 06 December 2001 at 8:00 AM

Attached Link: http://www.r3maf.freeserve.co.uk

Especially love the "oldman-baby" shot Nathan, ...and yes, for sure, I get totally bored stiff of my efforts after a seemingly very short while! Maybe that's a good thing - keeps you lookin' for the 'great shot'?! :) Kind regards Mark

Antoonio ( ) posted Fri, 07 December 2001 at 4:48 AM

...I really dig both of these pieces. And funny, but I dont get sick of my photos. But what comes to those early days 3d-pics, I could kill myself. "wuuuaaa, lookatme, I'm Mr gfx-magnificiento, mr 3D-kingoftheworld, I can render glasballsfloatingoverwater, and nude chiks, I rule!!!111" .n

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.