Thu, Oct 3, 4:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: Why does Poser Pro Pack do that?

StolenHeart20 ( ) posted Wed, 05 December 2001 at 7:25 PM ยท edited Thu, 03 October 2024 at 2:25 PM

I now have PPP and i think everything is cool but I dont understand why now it slows up the loading of the images in the menu. I think it sucks what the hell is it doing that it does this? Its really getting on my nerves!

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Wed, 05 December 2001 at 7:58 PM

I dunno. Maybe it's rebuilding all of the .rsr thumbnails as .png files or something.

StolenHeart20 ( ) posted Wed, 05 December 2001 at 8:30 PM

but why do it do it over and over again?...

PhilC ( ) posted Wed, 05 December 2001 at 9:48 PM

Is it more than a week since you ran defrag or system clean up?

philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

StolenHeart20 ( ) posted Wed, 05 December 2001 at 10:02 PM

I dont think its that...

PhilC ( ) posted Thu, 06 December 2001 at 4:20 AM

You are probably right. When Poser opens the library panel it is reading the directory structure on your hard drive. This operation is hampered if it has to "search" for the files. I'm no computer wiz but it was my understanding that running defrag on a regular basis helped keep the file structure organised. I take it from your comment that you have run defrag within the last day or two so I'm sorry but I have no other suggestion to offer.

philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

KateTheShrew ( ) posted Thu, 06 December 2001 at 12:47 PM

Have you installed the Service Pack 3 from CL? I had major issues with Pro Pack running slowly (it would take almost 5 minutes just to open the program and get past the credits screen) but Service Release 3 or whatever it's called fixed the problem. You might want to try that and see if it helps. Kate

StolenHeart20 ( ) posted Thu, 06 December 2001 at 3:48 PM

Thanks for the suggestons people. I'll see what i cant do.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.