Wed, Sep 18, 5:16 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 9:46 am)

Subject: OpenGL issues, an interesting Message from Greg Hess

gebe ( ) posted Fri, 16 November 2001 at 3:33 PM ยท edited Tue, 10 October 2023 at 2:34 PM

Greg Hess posted the other day an interseting tread to our Vue list. I'm sure, some of you are interested in it. Greg Hess wrote : I finally found a fix for any of you that may be using GeForce 2 GTS video cards, the latest nVidia Detonator drivers, and getting gray windows and artifcating of objects as you move them around. You can turn back on your OpenGL with a simple fix I finally found. 1. Go to http://www.geforcetweak.com/ and download GeForce Tweak Utility and install it. 2. Run the GeForce Tweak Program 3 Click on the OpenGL tab 4 Scroll to the bottom, and check "Use old TNT2 Instructions and disable T&L" This immediately fixed the issue I was having, and since Vue 4.x is the only program I use that supports OpenGL acceleration, it is a non-issue for me. Of course, it is easily toggled on and off by simply closing all OpenGL apps first. Hope this helps, Greg Hess

MikeJ ( ) posted Fri, 16 November 2001 at 4:39 PM

Thanks for posting that Guitta. I'm using a voodoo 3 card with Open GL support, and have never had a problem with it with Vue or other programs (except with a newer driver), but I know the GeForce card is a popular one, so I just wanted to say thanks. :)

gebe ( ) posted Fri, 16 November 2001 at 4:47 PM

Mike, I posted this, because I remember some questions about this in the last month. Me too, I'm happy with my NVIDIA RIVA TNT2/64 (for the moment... We never know...). I have a Vodoo 3 sleaping under my table. I bought it when the "ordinary" card of my old computer (PII-300-128RAM) died. But the machine never could afford this card, I had to buy a second hand card for it. If ever you know how to make work a Vodoo 3 with a PII-300, I would be happy :-)

MikeJ ( ) posted Fri, 16 November 2001 at 5:01 PM

Poser, Vue, Rhino, and a handful of utilities and other programs are all I understand....computers are an absolute mystery to me. :P

sittingblue ( ) posted Thu, 06 December 2001 at 9:09 PM

Greg, Thanks for the help. Vue 4 is now working again. I did a clean install of Windows XP a few days ago, and the Open GL drivers would not work as they did in Windows Me. I'm using GeForce2 32 from Dell. Charles

Charles

Varian ( ) posted Fri, 07 December 2001 at 8:53 AM

Glad the tip worked for you, Charles! :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.