Mon, Sep 16, 10:50 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 16 7:48 pm)

Subject: Christmas Tree

melanie ( ) posted Thu, 06 December 2001 at 8:14 PM · edited Fri, 06 September 2024 at 8:24 PM

As for the past couple of years, I'm designing my Christmas cards in Poser, but I'm going nuts because I know there had been a decorated Christmas tree some time ago, and I had it, but who know where I misplaced it! Does anyone know who made it and where I might find it? It wasn't DAZ or Zygote, it was in a forum Free Stuff site. I've looked everywhere for any christmas tree, including 3D Cafe, and have come up with zilch! Help!!! Melanie

Cheryle ( ) posted Thu, 06 December 2001 at 8:19 PM

search free stuff using the word tree- and then hit last- tastiger has a free xmas tree there hang on sill looking i know there are more...

Cheryle ( ) posted Thu, 06 December 2001 at 8:25 PM

there is a christmas tree at www.chemicalstudios.com as well

melanie ( ) posted Thu, 06 December 2001 at 8:43 PM

Thanks for the help. I'll check these out. Melanie

melanie ( ) posted Thu, 06 December 2001 at 8:57 PM

Thanks, Cheryle, I downloaded both of them. I appreciate your help. Melanie

Cheryle ( ) posted Thu, 06 December 2001 at 9:12 PM

you're welcome ;D happy rendering ;D

Purr3D ( ) posted Thu, 06 December 2001 at 10:26 PM

I found you can get multiple textures on the tastiger tree by going into the grouping tool and seperating out the groups into materials. Also, while you're in there, spawn props a couple of times and twist the props on the Y to get a nice bushy tree. Then you can go into the materials editor and assign different mats for the bulbs(spheres) and lights (fountain), also for the needles, so you can have a more natural (or not) looking tree.

Elsina ( ) posted Thu, 06 December 2001 at 10:46 PM

Attached Link: http://www.poser4u.com

Catharine Przezak gives away a free decorated christmas tree for poser this week

My gallery @ Renderosity

Catharina Przezak ( ) posted Fri, 07 December 2001 at 3:28 AM

Melanie, you can find a christmas tree on my website for free. And in the future submit your e-mail address for more free props of the week. Go and download it is only this week. Thanks Creations for the info!!! Cath

Elsina ( ) posted Fri, 07 December 2001 at 4:24 AM

Thanks Catharine for your wonderful free props and the great textures you made!

My gallery @ Renderosity

melanie ( ) posted Fri, 07 December 2001 at 8:00 AM

Thanks, Cath, I'll do that. You're a dear! Melanie

igohigh ( ) posted Fri, 07 December 2001 at 12:30 PM

melanie, I know the one you are refering to, someone else even made a second texture for it but it appears that person(s) (like the one who made the fabulas possable coffin a couple years ago) had vanished into the mist....A shame becuse the readme I belive does restrict re-distributing the files and it was a really nice tree. If we are refering to the same tree check my image posted: http://www.smyle.net/~igohigh/walls.html (all three pics) If this is the tree then it looks like we are at a dead-end as an earlier thread this season others were trying to find the auther too and looks like no one has had any luck....

Xena ( ) posted Fri, 07 December 2001 at 7:37 PM

Attached Link: http://www.wicked-womyn.com/XmasVillage/Xmas.html

There is a non-decorated tree available at the vendor's Christmas Village site. It's on the first page, down the bottom. Comes in a pack with fruit and a log. There are also decorations and balls on the third page :) Textures for the balls are being made now and will be added as soon as they are finished. http://www.wicked-womyn.com/XmasVillage/Xmas.html

melanie ( ) posted Fri, 07 December 2001 at 7:49 PM

Yes, Igohigh, that's the one. I had it at one time, and it vanished on me. It's a nice one, too. Well, maybe the author will materialize. Thanks, Xena, I'll check it out. Melanie

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.