Fri, Sep 20, 12:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: UV Mapper tutorial bug

ArmoredGideon ( ) posted Tue, 11 December 2001 at 9:08 AM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 10:20 AM

Hello I was recently looking through the UV mapper titorial trying to follow it as best I could when, as with so very many of the tutorials I've been pouring though the last week or two, I... got STUCK!!!! Neanderthol with a cel phone 'stuck'. AND, as usual, I got stuck at the very beginning. Ok so here's the problem: the first paragraph in the tutorial tells me to: "Select "File->Export->Wavefront OBJ..." to create the obj we'll be remapping. Select "Single Frame" and "Export object groups for each body part"". Ok so this is what I'm looking for, howwhere do I select the "Export object groups for each body part". Please help!

brycetech ( ) posted Tue, 11 December 2001 at 9:33 AM

they are talking about "poser" there: export from poser first, then import that into uvmapper :) BT

ArmoredGideon ( ) posted Tue, 11 December 2001 at 10:07 AM

Sorry, BT, rereading my post I don't think I was clear that I'm stuck in the poser part of the tutorial. What I meant to say is that I've done the "File->Export->Wavefront OBJ..." bit then the "Select "Single Frame" part but it's at that point, whilst I'm still in poser, that I can't find the "Export object groups for each body part" option. and I'm still stuck :(

Lovely Lady ( ) posted Tue, 11 December 2001 at 10:24 AM

In Poser after you name select the name and directory for the object exported you will get another option window with the options listed. I don't find one exactly worded like that but the include figure names for polygon groups might be what is referred to?

Cheryle ( ) posted Tue, 11 December 2001 at 10:46 AM

try alt-w then h to get to heirarchy list and uncheck everything you don't want? not sure if this is what you are looking for...

brycetech ( ) posted Tue, 11 December 2001 at 11:03 AM

file_243346.jpg

step by step :) BT

ArmoredGideon ( ) posted Tue, 11 December 2001 at 12:27 PM

YES!!!!! Thanks Everyone! As it turns out it is just as Lovely Lady suggested (include figure names for polygon groups) I'm new to all this stuff so thanx again for all your help. Still it won't be too long before you see me back in here grovelling for some more advice. But until then: :):):):):):):):):):)!!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.