Thu, Oct 10, 4:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 09 12:13 pm)

Subject: Problems with files!!! Crazy!!

Angel1679 ( ) posted Mon, 10 December 2001 at 9:52 PM · edited Thu, 10 October 2024 at 4:27 PM

Hi all, i was wondering if someone could help me out. I recently downloaded some textures and the like. I unzipped them all into the right folders, but they wont work! I know i did it all right, i even used the file map. Can someone help this Newbie enter into the world of Poser 4 the right way?

VirtualSite ( ) posted Mon, 10 December 2001 at 10:00 PM

What are they not doing that you want them to? Textures are pretty simple things, after all. You go into the Materials window and tell Poser what texture to access for what object. Can you give me some idea whats not working properly?

Strangechilde ( ) posted Mon, 10 December 2001 at 10:03 PM

Hi there Angel Did you apply the textures to the model correctly? This is under 'Render/Materials'. Make sure that the right texture is loaded and applied to all the right elements in your scene. It actually doesn't matter where a texture is, just that it's been loaded and Poser knows where to find it.

Angel1679 ( ) posted Mon, 10 December 2001 at 10:37 PM

Well, the problem is when i try to load them. It started with the figures. I installed them in the right folder but they wont load

VirtualSite ( ) posted Tue, 11 December 2001 at 12:07 AM

Okay, now. Are you PC or Mac? When I started working with this program, I would put everything where it was supposed to be on my Mac, but the program refused to recognize some things because they were PC-based. Is that a possibility?

Angel1679 ( ) posted Tue, 11 December 2001 at 1:37 AM

No im a Pc user. It just seem's like i can never open a new figure

PabloS ( ) posted Tue, 11 December 2001 at 1:46 AM

Angel, I'm confused. You first mentioned that you were loading textures. Your last two posts says figure. What exactly are the file extensions of the files you're trying to load? Are you getting any error messages? If so, what are they? If you're actually trying to load a figure, did the zip also contain a .obj file?

Angel1679 ( ) posted Tue, 11 December 2001 at 2:00 AM

oh man, i knew this would be confusing. Ok, i downloaded textures and figures. none work all file were present, all were unzipped according to instructions. Still, they will not work.

ronnieversace ( ) posted Tue, 11 December 2001 at 2:31 AM

Can you give us a list of the full file names and the directories where you placed them. Also, please explain what exactly you did to try and open the files. I'm sure we can easily solve your problem then.

Stormrage ( ) posted Tue, 11 December 2001 at 2:42 AM

mmm might be you don't have the obj in the right place or just don't have it at all. Are you using full version Poser or a demo?

Angel1679 ( ) posted Tue, 11 December 2001 at 2:46 AM

png's and pp2's went to props,png cr2 went to character, these are all the Hazel files i downloaded it was the Faerie Hazel Autumnday. i have no idea what happened but the wings wont work , actually nothing will

Angel1679 ( ) posted Tue, 11 December 2001 at 2:47 AM

full version

ronnieversace ( ) posted Tue, 11 December 2001 at 4:25 AM

Okay, this character is most likely based on the geometries of another character, which you probably don't have installed. What does the readme.txt say about that?

ronknights ( ) posted Tue, 11 December 2001 at 7:32 AM

You're still not giving enough details for any kind of diagnosis. "Won't work" is such a vague phrase. Maybe it would help to go through the motions, and write down each step, what you do, what is supposed to happen, and then exactly what does or does not happen. Is it just certain files or figures that won't load? Will any figures or props load at all? When did this problem first start? What did you do just before things stopped working? I used to work tech support. If a customer called with the vague symptoms you mentioned, I'd let them know how much I wanted to help, but I'd explain it was impossible without further info. It's like taking your car to a mechanic and saying "I don't know what's wrong, but why don't you fix it?!"

VirtualSite ( ) posted Tue, 11 December 2001 at 9:22 AM

And we should get the essential question: what version of Poser are you using?

ronknights ( ) posted Tue, 11 December 2001 at 10:07 AM

And don't forget to tell us if you've installed the latest patch for Poser. If you have Poser Pro Pack, you need Service Pack 3, which is available at the Curious Labs site.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Tue, 11 December 2001 at 12:56 PM

And do you get an error message? Poser usually tells you if it can't find the .obj file that specifies the shape of a figure, and asks you to tell it where to look if it can't find the texture. You are actually starting Poser and loading from the libraries, not trying to double-click a texture or CR2?

Angel1679 ( ) posted Tue, 11 December 2001 at 10:34 PM

Ok, what i did: I downloaded a Morph of Fairy wing's. I unzipped them into my character folder. it was a Cr2 file, so thats where it should go right? Well everything was going well, but when i went to load it from the library it wouldnt work. A message box cam up saying: Cannot open resource then the location of the file after that. I have no idea what i am doing wrong. I really need some help on this. Every file i download does this. And yes its the full version, yes i updated it.

VirtualSite ( ) posted Tue, 11 December 2001 at 10:47 PM

I work on a Mac, but I understand that on a PC, all you have to do is delete the .rsr file and poser will rebuild them automatically. Id suggest doing this with a backup file first just to see.

Angel1679 ( ) posted Tue, 11 December 2001 at 10:53 PM

you mean go in through the explor start menu and delete a back up that way?

Angel1679 ( ) posted Tue, 11 December 2001 at 10:57 PM

ok, i just noticed that the only file it wont open is a cr2

ronnieversace ( ) posted Wed, 12 December 2001 at 3:08 AM

Just guessing here, but could it be that the cr2 is somehow saved as a read only file?

PabloS ( ) posted Wed, 12 December 2001 at 2:03 PM

You say it was a morph...that was saved as a cr2 file? That's not how morphs are usually "packaged" but I've seen it done. If this is the case, you probably need to get MorphManager (freestuff, I think) and load both cr2s in it and copy the morph from the morph cr2 over to the fairy wings cr2. Before you go to all that trouble, doublecheck the readme file (if there was one). It should have been explained in there.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.